Migraine Headaches, who gets em?

I was wearing an RF1000 and was out for about 10 minutes.... I hit my left side on the truck but my headaches are in the same place and come on just like you described... Hey maybe we should sue Shoei for causing the headaches!

CAp

Hey, there's a thought!:thumbsup:
:laugh:

I had two rounds of major migranes. Roughly three years apart. I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. Imetrex (sp?) would kill them, I eventually learned after eating handfulls of ibuprofen & anicins. I thought my life was over the first round, and sure it was the second round I was about 40. Following a full round of diagnostics on the neurology floor in Pittsburgh (spinal tap....) I self correlated the two episodes to purchasing Large blocks of imported "Super Sharp Cheese". I quit eating it & no more headaches. Difficult correlation because no immediate cause & effect, I just thought through the time periods (floaters in the eye, massive headaches, chewing ice, eating super sharp cheese..... huh, cheese =MSG! I think I elevated my msg levels ultra high to a threshold point where a beer could kill me. No more cheese experimentation for this dude.

I get them, sometimes not so bad sometimes so bad I throw up if I try to stand up and for the first time last year I got an optical migraine, thought I was having a friggin stroke on that one. I carry Excedrin migraine to stop a regular headache before it gets carried away, Butalbital and Darvaset for mild migraines and Relpax for the really bad ones. Most of mine are brought on by stress. Water and lots of it seem to help.

I know up to a day or so ahead if one is coming because I start to get wicked light, sound and smell sensitive, Ucccckkkkk bad perfume from a damn mile away....

Car sickness as a child is almost a dead give away for an adult migraine sufferer...

My wife just had a really bad attack last Wednesday. She had it all her life. No fun at all.

I quit smoking 18 months ago and much to my suprise I havn't had a migrain headache since, nagging lower back pain seems to have vanished as well.

I never used to get them until my mother passed away almost 6 years ago. Now I get about two or three bad ones a year. If I feel it coming, I will chug a coke, eat a chocolate bar, 4 motrin. This is a combo a nurse told me after my first one that I went to the ER for because I didn't know what the heck was wrong with me. Imitrex and an ambien are the drugs for choice if they get too bad... Mostly you just need a dark room and lots of sleep.

I have been suffering since I was about 16 years old of migraines. I have had headaches all my life, but just recently I talked to my new doctor because they became more and more frequent. He put me on something called Inderal (for migraines) , Singulair, and D-Allergy. It is a great combo. My migraines and headaches have been reduced a good bit.

I had two rounds of major migranes. Roughly three years apart. I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. Imetrex (sp?) would kill them, I eventually learned after eating handfulls of ibuprofen & anicins. I thought my life was over the first round, and sure it was the second round I was about 40. Following a full round of diagnostics on the neurology floor in Pittsburgh (spinal tap....) I self correlated the two episodes to purchasing Large blocks of imported "Super Sharp Cheese". I quit eating it & no more headaches. Difficult correlation because no immediate cause & effect, I just thought through the time periods (floaters in the eye, massive headaches, chewing ice, eating super sharp cheese..... huh, cheese =MSG! I think I elevated my msg levels ultra high to a threshold point where a beer could kill me. No more cheese experimentation for this dude.

MSG will have me doubled over in pain every time! I have to eat where I can try to be certain they are not going to be careless and just say there is no MSG.

Tell the wife lack of sex is the main cause. A healthy amount is 200 times a year. This was a doctor's suggestion. And I believe him. :whistle:

I am still trying to sell this one. Not having too much luck...???

It makes sense to me... sex is a big stress reliever ... I think most would agree ? :laugh:

im not sure but i was told that it is possible that i have them,, they are getting longer and shorter in-between. the light and dizziness just kills me. This one i have now I know has been over 14days now.

Yep, had them most of my life...still get them, but realized a while back that a lot of my most intense headaches were caused by excessive histamine production and my warped sinus' inability to allow drainage. That, and the lack of good circulation to my sphenoid sinuses. Used to cause throbbing in back of my eyes, heart palpitations, and lack of sleep issues.

Now, I flush my sinuses with a 1% saline solution at night for two minutes a side, and benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) to help me dry out and sleep. Barometric pressure can trigger......also have food allergies...onions at top of list. Darn GERD related stuff....thank God for Nexium. :oldcool:

Yep, had them most of my life...still get them, but realized a while back that a lot of my most intense headaches were caused by excessive histamine production and my warped sinus' inability to allow drainage. That, and the lack of good circulation to my sphenoid sinuses. Used to cause throbbing in back of my eyes, heart palpitations, and lack of sleep issues.

Now, I flush my sinuses with a 1% saline solution at night for two minutes a side, and benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) to help me dry out and sleep. Barometric pressure can trigger......also have food allergies...onions at top of list. Darn GERD related stuff....thank God for Nexium. :oldcool:
Yea we see a lot of GERD too.. not very common in "fit" patients, most of the sufferers are at least moderately overweight.. We have been seeing fewer of these patients since Prilosec went OTC .. I had to do 90 days on Prilosec a few years ago for GERD... sure glad that is gone..

Back