lunch or drink w/ married EX...

lunch or drink w/ married EX... - no big deal or not proper?

• no big deal

Votes: 90 100.0%

• Total voters
The reply:

"There's no reason I wanted to get together; just reaching out to people
I haven't seen or talked to in awhile. I respect the way you feel and
that's cool. Unfortunately, I just don't have much time to email
anymore, and it's not like we can catch up on the last 5 years via
email, anyway. :+)"

It's all good.
smile.gif

The reply:

It's all good.
smile.gif
hmmm Translation: (Via babbleBogus.com)

I do not care to talk at any level other than physical.. I have been pretty lonely lately and thought you could fill the gap.. Anyway, I guess you are not interested in what I may or may not have had in mind. With that, I would rather not waste my 2 minutes sending an email every few days or weeks to see how you are "really" doing.

It was just a moment of indiscretion that I thought you might want to help me with...

L8's

hehehehe I was done RESCUING her when the relationship ended. I don't REALLY care to catch up with her life either, but the feedback here was interesting. If she REALLY had in issue and needed to talk, I would have gone, but I worded my email in a way as to downplay a live meeting VS just emailing

Run fast, run hard, run the other direction.

There isnt anything needed to catch up on. She is your ex, she is your ex for a reason.

She is married.

And I guess the simplest way to put it, would you want your wife meeting up with her ex over drinks just to "catch up"

Change your phone number and address and dont look back

Well you asked for my opinion
What He ^ Said.

Run fast, run hard, run the other direction.

There isnt anything needed to catch up on. She is your ex, she is your ex for a reason.

She is married.

And I guess the simplest way to put it, would you want your wife meeting up with her ex over drinks just to "catch up"

Change your phone number and address and dont look back

Well you asked for my opinion
Thrashers right WD...whats done is done...no need or reason to go down that road...as you've said yourself
winkold.gif
Do the right thing for everyone and move on
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

I've never met up with an ex where I DIDN'T end up roto-rooting her baby-shooter. If I didn't want to hit it one last time, I didn't meet them.

Are you prepared to ward off her advances if she makes them?
Truckers dead on...what other reason do ex's with no kids meet up for? 9 times outta 10 its for a hook-up...to renew some old feelings...if even for the moment. There are rare folks out there who could meet up with a stripper of the opposite sex, who was on them like flies on flypaper, and turn them away cause they had a spouse at home. If your married to one good for you...but your not the majority
winkold.gif
And even playing those odds is like gambling in Vegas...you might win but most likely your gonna lose. So my whole take on the meeting ex's thing is don't....bad risk...bad gamble....bad carma
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

I feel it is really up to you, BUT.....Usually if you haven't heard from her for about a decade and all of a sudden she is contacting you, it means she is not happy at home with what she has and so she is gonna go back to her past first then if no one responds to her she will find it somewhere else. Goodluck and let your top head do the thinking.
beerchug.gif

"roto-rooting her baby-shooter" that is the best term i've ever heard for it!!! Well my thoughts are if you don't want to "roto-rooting her baby-shooter" then don't go its not worth it. People don't ever change and they never do so don't expect it. I didn't catch whether you have a sig other but its not really worth it. My ex comes over to my apartment sometimes and i told her i don't really want to be friends cause your turning into a **** and i don't want to be friends with you anymore maybe benificial friends but thats it, and i tell her to get out.

I am quite certain I will go ahead and set something up, because I am a nice guy, a good sounding board and PROMISED her I would ALWAYS !ALWAYS! be a distant, close friend.
Go ahead and keep your promise about a DISTANT relationship. No need for lunch there...

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Reviewing my previous email to her, and I did ask her about what she's up to nowdays... not really that interested, just being polite and hoping things were going well for her life.... her reply was "not great but too much to email, lets do lunch or drinks"[/quote]

translation "My marriage sucks. I'm lonely. And you were always a nice guy. I miss that feeling of being loved and want you to show me what that feels like again."

You may have good intentions, but I don't think she does.

The reply:

It's all good.
smile.gif
hmmm Translation: (Via babbleBogus.com)

I do not care to talk at any level other than physical.. I have been pretty lonely lately and thought you could fill the gap.. Anyway, I guess you are not interested in what I may or may not have had in mind. With that, I would rather not waste my 2 minutes sending an email every few days or weeks to see how you are "really" doing.

It was just a moment of indiscretion that I thought you might want to help me with...

L8's
+1

There is so much truth to babblebogus.com. Couldn't have said it better myself. Can't email you? She doesn't care about you (sorry, man). She's looking for company and from her past, sounds like she's going down her blackbook trying to find one (or two or three or...)

I watch the Obituaries every day hoping my Ex is in there.
I know where she will end up
firedevil.gif

I went through this a few years ago. An ex I dumped not once but twice found me cross country and wanted to have coffee or drinks when I went home to visit family. After a few sweet talking phone calls I agreed. I knew I shouldn't but I did any way. My memory of her fared better than life did to her body, a bit worse for wear and tear. I was around her for about 15 minutes before I remembered every reason I dumped her in the first place.

Sometimes Bro... Lunch is just lunch.  Means old friends with lots of history get together and have food, some conversation.
+1 I go to lunch and occasionally have drinks with women all the time. My wife knows I would never do anything stupid so it's completely harmless. Trust is one of those things where you truly "get what you give"!
peace.gif

Back