lunch or drink w/ married EX...

lunch or drink w/ married EX... - no big deal or not proper?

• no big deal

Votes: 90 100.0%

• Total voters
yes.... I can't stress this enough.... I won't fall for anything. She could tell me it's her last day to live and her husband lost parts in some accident. I have no interest, wouldn't TOUCH her if you paid me 7 million dollars. None of THAT kind of action will happen. Besides, she knows me well enough to understand my strong will and wouldn't bother with her. My own ability to think was part of the reason we split in the first place. I would bet money the whole thing is about "my life isn't what I'd hoped, why and what can be done??" to which I will reply something about "you need to discuss that with your husband or a marriage counselor"

but I do know what you guys mean and have witnesses a lot of that kind of thing. Thanks again for the input. I deal with these sorts of things every now and again by myself but I thought I'd post up to see the responses of the marrieds here. VERY good feedback! Seem to be hovering around 60/40 in the poll
smile.gif

Ask her if her husband knows she wants to meet you, and if not, maybe ask her to inform her husband that she's gonna meet you. Tell her if he has any problems with it, you won't be able to meet her, because you don't want to be a source of friction, no matter how innocent this chat is.

Or if you really feel it's just a "I need to vent and get advice" thing, then just do it. Might wanna bring a voice recorder with just in case your "meeting" comes back to haunt you.

I am with Trucker Mike on this one. I have had all my X's come back my way trying to get something they were either missing or wanted back!!! Trust me I have had advances from even my friends wifes at one time or another. I didn't get caught up in that mess at.....friendship isn't worth the piece od a$$ that was offered. Just watch yourself!!!! Good Luck!

Warbird II WAIT WAIT WAIT Wait WAIT wait wait wait

wait wait WAIT WAIT wait wait wait WAIT! wait.

You mean to tell me that you put a 5.7 liter VETTE engine in a 1990 Miata? ? ? ?
Does the car flip turtle on you when you stomp the gas? ? ?
biggrin.gif

I think lunch would be safer. I wouldnot fill comfortable with my wife going out for drinks/lunch with an ex without me there.

Only if you are discussing the kids or the pets.

Otherwise, why would you want to have any contact.

WWJD:
It is no longer a 5.7 LS6 vette motor. IT is BIGGER!!! A 6.3L LS6 motor!!! With 423rwhp/434rwtq! Goes like stink! Will out run 600cc sportbikes at will!!!! Fun V8 Powered Go Cart is the best description!

Enjoy the link!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
On a close course it has gone 160 mph 4 times..... Haven't gone to the 1/4 mile yet to see what she will do!

ha! That is freaking awesome! I recently bought a 90 red miata that has beefed up suspension because it used to be turbo'ed, but stock engine now. It's a blast to drive. Can't IMAGINE that big an engine in it! Great video thanks for posting that up there. cool to see it in action

i think I just threadjacked my own thread! What's this world coming to?

Here is a $hitty video from almost a 1 1/2 years of the car. I didn't realize how bad it is...poor lighting!

Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!! If u have no kids with her, there is no reason to see her. But if U must.....

I would do lunch (not drink) only if:

1- her man knows about it
2- my lady knows about it
3- it takes place in public area
4- my digital voice recorder is with me

Thats my .2

WAIT!!!! I just realized that U mentioned that U have not talked/emailed her in 10 yrs. I withdraw all what I said. There isnt anything to say after 10yrs of MIA. RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!

In reference to what Kroozer said:

The rule of thumb is that if you haven't utilized something in over a year then you dont need it in your life and you should throw it out.

Seriously, if you haven't seen the woman in over 10 years, and she is married and obvious from her comments not real satisfied in her marriage at the moment I feel it would be a huge mistake to meet her, nothing good can come of it.

when have you ever known me to do things normally??

Proper schmopper. I say: Eat/drink with whomever you like.

Life's too short to deny yourself.

If YOU want to, then go.

If you don't want to, really, then don't.

Purdy dang simple.

Back