Low end Torque

CN Red 04

Registered
Hello, Im new to the group as I have just recently bought my 04 Busa LE. I have been on 2 wheels all my life, but when I moved up to the busa I expected more. Dont get me wrong I am happy with it, but i expected a beast that would just raise up at will. Ive never been one who liked pulling stunts, but the first question anyone asks me is, "have you gotten up on the back tire yet?" If im going to own the baddest thing on the market I would at least like to know how to wheelie. If not just to quiet the galleries. I have noticed that the things I have read have been the opposite of what I have experienced. I have not had problems with wheelspin or a light frontend, in fact it feels as though the bike cant breathe. Has anyone else experienced this?

P.S. I just realized that I was rambling.

Welcome to the board. I don't stunt but I can tell you with higher revs and wack of the throttle the front end will come up.
wow.gif

Ya I second what was said above. I'm no stunnah I will just wack the throttle in first gear and the front end will come up. I'm too chicken to shift, but it will come up. In second you will probably have to start using the clutch or bounce the front end. Remember it is a heavy bike and I think I have read that even thought the Bus has alot of torque, peak torque doesnt come until around 6800 rpms.

That's probably all for the best since breakin revs are 5500....gives you time to get used to the bike before you start lifting the front tire. CN.......don't know where you heard about the light front end.........the bike is overall heavier which is what most people like about it. The front stays down unless you want it to go up.........more control....better ride!!!
smile.gif

What i like about the busa's longer wheelbase is for me it's easier to control whelies when it does come up, and it will.

I have had several kinds and sizes of bikes and the Busa is the only one that the front wheel comes up without have to rev it up or use the clutch. Just hit it hard and it will come up in first and second gear. I weigh 280lbs and I have no problem getting the front wheel off the ground. Try to shift your weight back a little but be careful it does not take much to get the wheel to come off the ground.

I have had several kinds and sizes of bikes and the Busa is the only one that the front wheel comes up without have to rev it up or use the clutch. Just hit it hard and it will come up in first and second gear. I weigh 280lbs and I have no problem getting the front wheel off the ground. Try to shift your weight back a little but be careful it does not take much to get the wheel to come off the ground.:D

You are just use to torque at lower RPM's would guess. Don't forget this bike goes all the way up to 11,000rpm on the tach, which is a true 10,800rpm. Gve it some RPM it will come up when ever you want.

i had the same issues for a while, but really there is a lotta damn low end torque.
add a power commander or get your bike remapped. All I have to do it pull the throttle
and at about 4,500rpms, it comes up like Hi Ho silver.

Thanks fellas I guess I must still be too chicken to really rip it. I only weigh 135, guess Ive just been afraid it will flip on me.
newbie.gif

Take it easy..learning where the torque is.....at sea level it will do roll on first gear wheelies at will...around 5,500 revs....if you snap it, it will be a violent wheelie
roll off the gas and bam--front wheel slams to earth.....learn to be smooth with the throttle..and it will treat you well.....like someone else said also...make sure the tires are not cold or it will spin hook and wheelie..WooHoo..careful now and have fun....live to ride another day!
wow.gif

No stuntin here, but that front end comes up hard on that throttle in first ant ANY rpm. The higher the gear the higher rpm required to get it up. I've heard of guys getting it up in 3rd too, but never experienced that.

Thanks fellas I guess I must still be too chicken to really rip it. I only weigh 135, guess Ive just been afraid it will flip on me.
newbie.gif
oh my God 135 man you should get that thing up in 3rd. Remember as you learn that bad boy the more confident you will feel twisting on the throttle. I've noticed the more miles I log the quicker I go through rear tires. Take it easy though bro that's a huge tank to plant in your sternum. Be safe and God bless.

Since I removed my TRE, if I hit 3rd gear hard, I,m lookn at the tank, but with the tre hooked up, it wouldn,t come up in 3rd unless I clutched the hell out of it. But either way, 1st or 2nd has never been a problem.
wink.gif

Go to a 15 tooth sprocet, she will come up when you just think about a wheeie. I did it and i can get her (without chopping throttle) at 4000rpm. oin first. about 6000 in second. Once you try her out (always covering back brake of course) you will see and RESPECT her power!!!!
cool.gif

^^ same here, I went down 1 tooth in front and jesus, the bike is a bronco
I only weigh 135, guess Ive just been afraid it will flip on me. [/QUOTE]

bro, you don't need this big of a bike. that's like Verne Troyer trying to hump Chyna the wrestler.
jesus, that is light bro. i'm the lightest guy on this board prolly weighin in at just over 182lbs.
and it's tough when I get stuck in traffic in between cars on a hot day.

Back