Front end bounce

Stepsidez71

Registered
This is my first Sportbike it is a 2005 HayaBusa I came from a VTX 1800 cruiser after riding it for 4 years. I have noticed the front end feels like it is bouncing up and down alot. It seems to be at speeds from 35-65mph. I am running the stock tires with 2000 miles on them. I just bought the bike used a month ago it had 1500 miles and had been setting for 2 years. Is this the way the bike is supposed to feel or is it possible that my tires are out of balance? The tire feels a little cupped running my hand around it. Would you guys say that your bikes have some frontend bounce in them? Or any other ideas?

Nope the Busa doesn't bounce. Its the most stable bike at speed that I've ever ridden. Your clues may be in your post. 3 & 1/2+ yr old tires that have been sitting for 2 years along with old fork oil. If I had it I'd change the tires to a set of new Michelins PPs and have the forks serviced. Unless the top and/or bottom fork adjustments are out of whack (no reason for them to be) the old tires and fork oil may be the culprit. Good luck!

Just for kicks tell us the tire born on date:

If you look closely you will find a three or four-digit number stamped into the sidewall of your tire. It will read something like 449 or 2101. What do these numbers mean? Well, a 449 means the tire was manufactured during the 44th week of 1999. 2101 means the tire was manufactured the 21st week of 2001. Years prior to 2000 have a one-digit number to reflect the year, and after 2000, a two-digit number is used. This is a simple and easy way to figure out the age of a tire.

pasted from http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/tires.php and excellent read.

Just for kicks tell us the tire born on date:

If you look closely you will find a three or four-digit number stamped into the sidewall of your tire. It will read something like 449 or 2101. What do these numbers mean? Well, a 449 means the tire was manufactured during the 44th week of 1999. 2101 means the tire was manufactured the 21st week of 2001. Years prior to 2000 have a one-digit number to reflect the year, and after 2000, a two-digit number is used. This is a simple and easy way to figure out the age of a tire.

pasted from http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/tires.php and excellent read.
Thanks, now I have to go out in the garage to see what mine says, LOL

Tires. 100% positive it's caused by the tires, especially since it's been sitting for 2 years. That's not to say you shouldn't check out the forks though.
beerchug.gif

Flat spot or seperating belts,put some fresh tires on it and I bet it goes away.

Back