Bike idols too low

TRUBUSA02

Registered
Is anyone experiencing this same problem or have any suggestions? I constantly have to keep adjusting my idol. I was told by a friend that I could try putting lock tight on the idol screw. I checked with a local bike shop and was told that the 02 LE doesn't have a idol ajustment attachment. You'd think it would be the same for all years. Will any other years fit the 02? I'm getting tired of opening up the gas tank. Any assitance would be appriciated. Somebody please HELP A BUSA OUT.

IMG_4012.jpg

I adjusted my idle to 1250 rpms. The I put some black electrical tape around the screws so it couldn't move. That seem to work for me. I haven't had to touch it, and that was over a year ago.

05 LE...mine does the same.  Try getting to the screw from the side.  Long screwdriver does it for me.

<!--EDIT|TXBusa05LE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151930812 -->

It does have an idle adjustment. Same place on all years. It does slip from time to time, however.

I have an 05, and mine did the same thing. I think the spring works it back down. what I did was turn it way high and then went down to the correct idle. since I did that its never moved again, almost a year now. It's worth a try without loctite or altering it some way.

Cuffee's idea sounds like a plan. I'm about to adjust mine as well. I'm below 1k. Can someone post a pic of the screw that needs to be adjusted? Thanks.

buy a tube of loc-tite from your local hardware store... mine was backing off too but i would have to adjust it like every month or so. I put a dab of loc-tite on there and havent had to move it since.

Big-T... if you raise your tank and look down on the right side of the throttle bodies where the throttle cables hook up... you will see a screw pointing towards the back of the bike.... should only take a very small adjustment to change the idle speed. If nobody has a pic, pm me and i'll raise my tank and get one for you if my discription isnt good enough for ya!!
smile.gif

buy a tube of loc-tite from your local hardware store... mine was backing off too but i would have to adjust it like every month or so.  I put a dab of loc-tite on there and havent had to move it since.  

Big-T...  if you raise your tank and look down on the right side of the throttle bodies where the throttle cables hook up... you will see a screw pointing towards the back of the bike.... should only take a very small adjustment to change the idle speed.  If nobody has a pic, pm me and i'll raise my tank and get one for you if my discription isnt good enough for ya!!  
smile.gif
Thanks. I'll take a look once I get home.

Back