lost it in a corner  BUSA DOWN!

Sorry about your accident, glad that you weren't hurt.

Your topic title..."Lost it in a corner" not exactly what I was expecting.

Coming to a quick stop with a slightly turned front wheel is like my worst situation to be in...Ive tried to stop doing this totally and only come to crawling stops in this situation. Id rather reserve harder braking for the freeway and other heavily traveled roads.

But still its a hard habit to break....just yesterday on my new Busa I caught myself stoping in a grocery store parking lot from about 10mph to make a quick decision right turn. Luckily there were no rocks or gravel or id have gone down for sure.

I am glad you posted because I am going to double up my efforts to gain better skills in this very highly accident prone situation.

Basically any road/driveway that is not on a beaten path (an actual road with traffic)  and a quickish stop, even from 10mph is a recipe for a fall, add a slight turn to that and it just compounded ten-fold....add a non-concentrating driver and doubled again.

had similar issue with a parking lot showing off, but I managed to catch it and me before we hit the ground... Glad you are okay... Damage isn't bad at all...

CLoud

I 'll try to get in a "glad you're ok" before some scumbag from another board comes on here and starts telling you how you "shouldn't be on a motorcycle" and what you should have done instead. Thanx for having the balls to post your pics, just be ready to see them all over the net like B-sting's video.Get the sliders when you fix it, man.

Glad to hear you're ok. Bike can be fixed a lot easier than you can.
smile.gif

Dang, not you too. Thank God your alright. The damage looks minimal, you should be up on the road in no time.

I'm glad you're ok. At least you had quick enough reflexes to avoid hitting the vehicle head on. It's also important that you had the right gear on.
By the way, I love the color of your Busa
cool.gif

Greg...give Narcissus a shout....I sent him a set of stock cans, but I think he only neede the right side, and the left may be available....I pm'ed him and told him I'd cover the shipping if you need the can.

TBone

I am sorry about what happened... were you thinking about HER again??? Tell the truth... Focus on the road!

Nice to see so many offers to replace your damaged parts... Lots of good people...

Thing that matters is you're OK. Post Mortems can be usefull, but sometimes 2 wheels are just not enough. It happens and it's not always a learning experience. Glad you came through fine.
man, I would LOVE to have LEARNED something but I just don't feel like I did. I think I learned they need to make that a ONE WAY area to avoid possible blind accidents
smile.gif
I've got a lesson from it for ya... May have been mentioned after the reply I'm quoting but I didn't have time to read the whole thread, so...

At low/parking lot speeds, use the rear brake instead of the front to scrub off speed if needed. I learned this lesson the hard way after I dropped Train in my driveway basically the same way. I don't think the pebble coming loose caused your fall... I think using front brake in a slow turn locked the wheel and washed it out from under you. I think the piece of gravel was simply pulled loose AFTER the tire washed and was sliding.
rock.gif

Glad you weren't hurt...

I dunno if you did anything wrong really bro... But from the sounds and pictures you provided it still doesn't make sense. A single rock like that shouldn't have enough effect to put you down, even at 10MPH. Were your tires cold? Or were you just getting home?

Anyhoo, glad your unscathed, sorry about your ride Bro...

Main thing is you're ok. Everyone falls. If not they have not been riding long enough.

WWJD,

I high sided my 03 Silver/Grey in Dec on brand new tires and a really cold morning - same type of damage - faring scrapes, stator cover ruined and the big allen bolt sheared off.

I decided to use this as an excuse to custom paint my bike - a solid color - the dark grey in the stock paint scheme, stock kanjis on the fairing, and updating the tank to the "S" found on the 04 / 05 models.

I get the pieces back this week and will put the bike back together. I am ok that it happened as I can't wait to see the bike a solid color!

Good Luck

Kent

Dude........with as much experience riding as you have, it is very comforting to know that you dropped that thing....................gives the rest of us "somewhat noobs" a little less embarrassment when it happens to us.
wink.gif

Sorry about the damage........I'm with you.....it's a material thing......but I know you will fix it up soon.
smile.gif

Sorry to hear about you crashin. Glad your not hurt and it was minor damage.

Thing that matters is you're OK. Post Mortems can be usefull, but sometimes 2 wheels are just not enough. It happens and it's not always a learning experience. Glad you came through fine.
man, I would LOVE to have LEARNED something but I just don't feel like I did. I think I learned they need to make that a ONE WAY area to avoid possible blind accidents
smile.gif
I've got a lesson from it for ya... May have been mentioned after the reply I'm quoting but I didn't have time to read the whole thread, so...

At low/parking lot speeds, use the rear brake instead of the front to scrub off speed if needed. I learned this lesson the hard way after I dropped Train in my driveway basically the same way. I don't think the pebble coming loose caused your fall... I think using front brake in a slow turn locked the wheel and washed it out from under you. I think the piece of gravel was simply pulled loose AFTER the tire washed and was sliding.
rock.gif

Glad you weren't hurt...
I follow you, bro. I honestly couldn't tell you if I used the rear at all or not, I usually do in low speed areas. I bet it would have helped. As far as the front washing out so quick... I was coming back from multiple rides around the block warming up under inflated tires. Shoulda stuck like fly paper. Looking at the pic again, I think the pressure smached the rock and created sand where there was none. It didn't just wash out from under, it shot out to the right due to loading up - it was so fast I had no time to put a leg out. I was already on the ground hearing scraping sounds. I've had enough experiences hard front stopping where it will lurch and I gotta stomp a leg down to hold her up, but the speed of this was unheard of in my brain - especially where the surface was visually clear, my speed was unfast, the tires were at lower pressure and heated up a bit.

But, I do keep my right foot up on the peg 99% of the time cuz rear is mostly useless to me. I thought about the rear break after it went down and I wondered what the outcome would be? My conclusion is I would have locked rear up anyway. I'm really not making any excuses... I'm the driver, my actions took me down. Bike did all it could. Surface played a major roll. Weird part is doing the same thing I have always done with a VERY DIFFERENT outcome. I think my habits are okay and have saved my butt in a number of potentials. Can't think of anything I should change excpet driving that blind corner.

Rev - makes no sense to me either, honestly. Everything was in place, even if it WAS a little dusty, why did it shoot out so fast?? MAYBE there was a second shooter! A larger round rock it rolled on that left the scene of the crime?? I thought about that and looked around but it could have gone anywhere and the surface LOOKED clean enough. Heck I've even got gravel stopping experience.... warm, low PSI tires, slow speed... makes no sense. I'm not beating myself up about it.... just wish I had video!! hahahhaa

Another option is maybe I DID panic stop and lock the front... but when that happens, it usually grips right up again after a 2 inch slide or so... and I didn't really feel panic, since I KNOW that turn is blind and I KNOW people are idiots.

Oh well. Bike has character now. Look at me, I'm old, beat up, scratched and dented and yet still just as loveable.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: "all your spelling are belong to us"|1112567684 -->

I am sorry about what happened... were you thinking about HER again??? Tell the truth... Focus on the road!

Nice to see so many offers to replace your damaged parts... Lots of good people...
EXACTLY what I was thinking.

It was those lips, wasn't it? Mesmerizing....haunting....hehe.

Glad you're alright, bro.....

Back