Went down today.

E Zurcher

Registered
Well after 34000 miles of event free riding I put her down just around the corner from my house. Don't even know what happened. I was going around 20 mph and was slowing for a stop sign when the bars wiggled and snapped out of my hands and the bike slid out to the left. I went down hard on my right shoulder and hip and the bike is rashed up pretty good on the right. Will have to replace the whole right side. Couldn't see anything in the road to cause it, no tar snakes or anything. This was just after a beautiful 200 mile ride.

Waiting for the wife to get home to take me to the hospital cause my hip really hurts and I can't raise my right arm.

owww, that sucks! Heck I'll come get you....Oh wait, you're in NM. Hopefully no major injuries to you.

Damn man, I'm sorry to read this, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Keep us posted...very frustrating, not knowing why :banghead:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Get your collar bone checked and I hope you didn't disclosure your arm.
Those things hurt when they pop em back in. Glad you are still in one piece and here to tell about it.
We can fix the bike later.

Sorry about going down. I hope you were wearing gear. I know from experience that even a 20 mph slide can hurt without gear. But on the bright side, your still able to fix the bike and live to see tomorrow.

That stinks. Not knowing what caused it so you could learn stinks even more.

Bruised up at the beginning of the summer sucks. Hope it's not to bad and after a short break (fixing the bike up) you can ride again.

I went for my first ride this year on the Busa, breaking in new tires.

Less then a mile from home a chipmunk ran out in front of me, then 20 seconds later a see a deer running towards me from the left.
I hit the brakes and slowed to 25 and he jumped out into the road (never even looked either way - bad Mother I guess) and passed
in front of me about 50 feet. At that point I was wondering if God was trying to tell me something?

Got a 117 mile ride in to break in the tires.

Hope your tires didn't have anything to do with your fall.

May the next 40,000 miles be event free. :thumbsup:

Sorry 2 hear that you went down.... I hope 4 you and your busa 2 make a speedy recovery :please:

Very sorry to read this news.... the arm does sound like a collar bone issue... that was my experience.
I wish the best on your hip..
the bike can be fixed fine... it is YOU that will need TLC.
Good Luck

sorry to hear this...hope nothing major is wrong and you heal up quickly :beerchug:

Just left the hospital. Hip and shoulder badly bruised. Will need to go to orthopedic clinic to make sure no tendons or ligaments are damaged. Ego is also bruised as I try to piece it together. Hopefully I can figure it out. Now to call State Farm. Was wearing my gear (except for riding pants) and there is a big hole on my jacket right where the shoulder pad was. Tiny bit of rash on my knee but that's it. Gonna get some riding jeans once I fix the bike for sure

Very sorry to hear about this unfortunate incident. I really stinks to get banged up and have the beloved Busa get banged up as well. Take care of yourself and heal quickly!!!

Well after 34000 miles of event free riding I put her down just around the corner from my house. Don't even know what happened. I was going around 20 mph and was slowing for a stop sign when the bars wiggled and snapped out of my hands and the bike slid out to the left. I went down hard on my right shoulder and hip and the bike is rashed up pretty good on the right. Will have to replace the whole right side. Couldn't see anything in the road to cause it, no tar snakes or anything. This was just after a beautiful 200 mile ride.

Waiting for the wife to get home to take me to the hospital cause my hip really hurts and I can't raise my right arm.

Sorry you went down...pretty wild story of how it happened...I'm intrigued...but after you heal don't just put on new plastic and roll again...the bike needs to be thoroughly checked out until the reason why is revealed and remedied...the first thing that comes to my mind would be to ask you if the steering head bearing have been properly maintained with the appropriate lube and steering head tension...cause I can only think of three things off the top of my head that could've mechanically caused such a go down...

one is (as mentioned) something wrong with the steering head...somehow it bound up momentarily and when presssure was applied it snapped loose ripping the bars out of your hands...

two is your steering damper somehow jammed up momentarily.

three?...would be some sort of cable or brake line routing interference.

You might want to check your front brakes as well....I've seen all sorts of crazy chit happen over the decades that resulted in stories such as yours here...including stuff like..."A Road Pebble Got Jammed Up Between The Caliper & Disc Instantly Locking Up The Front Brake"...so I wouldn't rule that one out either...and it could've fallen out at impact...leaving the bike to roll just fine afterwards...so check your pads/discs for any deep scaring.

But whatever you do?...find, isolate and remedy the problem before you roll again. Heal well and L8R, Bill. :cool:

Back