Lets watch the backlash begin tonight.

I think you have it a bit backwards. Im not greedy at all. Im more then willing to pay my share of taxes. If I made more i'd pay more. I dont think your understanding that if your scamming the system and your rich, your just as guilty as the person scamming the system as poor. What makes you think those billions of dollars he/she is hiding from taxes couldn't pay for higher wages which in return would allow those darn poor scammers to pay into the system?

The reason I believe people who make more should pay more is because they can afford it. Say you made $100, and I only made $10. If I went to the store to buy bread and milk, i'd have about $5 left. If you did the same you'd have $95. Now, If I we both got taxed $5 who would it affect more? It would affect me more because that $5 is actually worth more to me, then to you. So instead of me paying that $5 and not having anything left, you'd pay $10 and still have $85 and still live more comfortable then me doing so.

I find this funny everyone states % when how much people get taxed.. then completely forget it when they post an example.

Using your same numbers 100 and 10 but putting it at say 20% the person making 100 would pay 20 and the person making 10 would pay 2.

So guess what the people who make more DO pay more already. oh wait is that not enough. Shoot you shouldnt have to pay.. and the rich should pay more..
So lets use some real numbers here. Rich guys makes over 250,000 a year, middle guy makes roughly 75,000 while the poor guy makes 15,000 a year..

The rich guy currently gets taxed 35% of his earnings the middle guy gets taxed 28% of his earnings and the poor guy gets taxed 15% of his earnings.

250,000 * .35 = 87,500
75,000 * .28 = 21,000
15,000 * .15 = 2,250

Now if we made it say just the 15% for Everyone.

250,000 * .15 = 37,500
75,000 * .15 = 11,250
15,000 * .15 = 2,250

Oh what is this they still pay more.. OMGWTFBBQ how can this be..

Hope you realize even if everyone paid the same PERCENTAGE the people who make more pay more.. if you think someone making more should have a higher percentage then you I don't know what is wrong with you.

FAIR SHARE I don't mind it... if your gonna call it fair then make it fair.

Here is something else for you to think about.. just using the same 15% bracket. 8,375 - 34,000 a year

Lets say I make 34,000 a year and lets say you make 35,000 a year. Guess what, your in a higher tax bracket 25% to be exact.

34,000 * .15 = 4760 34,000 - 4760 = 29240 <-- take home
35,000 * .25 = 8750 35,000 - 8750 = 26250 <-- take home

So if this was the case you would make more money than me but I would have more to spend. You tell me how that is right. If you still think its right then I would suggest looking at what bracket your in where you are in it and then deciding if that next raise is really worth it.. You never know making more money could actually bring less home.

I find this funny everyone states % when how much people get taxed.. then completely forget it when they post an example.

250,000 * .35 = 87,500
75,000 * .28 = 21,000
15,000 * .15 = 2,250

Now if we made it say just the 15% for Everyone.

250,000 * .15 = 37,500
75,000 * .15 = 11,250
15,000 * .15 = 2,250

Oh what is this they still pay more.. OMGWTFBBQ how can this be..

Hope you realize even if everyone paid the same PERCENTAGE the people who make more pay more.. if you think someone making more should have a higher percentage then you I don't know what is wrong with you.

FAIR SHARE I don't mind it... if your gonna call it fair then make it fair.

I think his point was more that the wealthy persons after tax income leaves him enough disposable income to live comfortably... where the poor person's after tax income leaves him struggling to make ends meet...

for instance in your numbers, the wealthy person is still left with over 200k in disposable income... the poor person is left with only 13k in disposable income.... assuming they have the exact same bills... the rich person would have significant amounts of money left over... the poor person little to none...

in other words, the poor person "feels the pinch" significantly more than the rich, because the amount of disposable income each person is left over with is signficantly disproportionate...

im assuming thats what he was getting at..

thus if you merely tax a % of a persons income, while the liability of the person making more is higher in amount... the impact is actually lessened due to him having more wealth to begin with..

Taking 20 cents from someone with only a dollar kinda sucks... taking a dollar from someone with 5 doesnt feel so bad...

and this is long before actually taking total tax liabilities at the end of the year into account.... realistically speak... the wealthy person is never paying in that much of his income due to deductions and various other tax havens..

Last edited:
All I can say is that I don't trust politicians (either party) to do what is the best interest of the country. When it comes to writing/voting for bills all politicians use this criteria when deciding how to vote:

1) Will this bill put more money in MY pocket?
2) Will this bill help ME get re-elected?
3) Will this bill help MY PARTY?

All I can say is that I don't trust politicians (either party) to do what is the best interest of the country. When it comes to writing/voting for bills all politicians use this criteria when deciding how to vote:

1) Will this bill put more money in MY pocket?
2) Will this bill help ME get re-elected?
3) Will this bill help MY PARTY?

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!:cheerleader:

GOODBYE SUPERMAJORITY!!:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Now THAT is "Change" I can believe in!!!:beerchug: :thumbsup:

Hope the trend continues...

I think his point was more that the wealthy persons after tax income leaves him enough disposable income to live comfortably... where the poor person's after tax income leaves him struggling to make ends meet...

for instance in your numbers, the wealthy person is still left with over 200k in disposable income... the poor person is left with only 13k in disposable income.... assuming they have the exact same bills... the rich person would have significant amounts of money left over... the poor person little to none...

in other words, the poor person "feels the pinch" significantly more than the rich, because the amount of disposable income each person is left over with is signficantly disproportionate...

im assuming thats what he was getting at..

thus if you merely tax a % of a persons income, while the liability of the person making more is higher in amount... the impact is actually lessened due to him having more wealth to begin with..

Taking 20 cents from someone with only a dollar kinda sucks... taking a dollar from someone with 5 doesnt feel so bad...

and this is long before actually taking total tax liabilities at the end of the year into account.... realistically speak... the wealthy person is never paying in that much of his income due to deductions and various other tax havens..

First off don't look at the 15% for all cause that is an example. Currently someone making 250,000 pays 35% of that in taxes through the end or 2010 starting in 2011 its up to 40%

So you are saying it is perfectly acceptable for one person to pay 15% another to pay 25% another to pay 28% another to pay 33% and another to pay 35%???

How is that right in anyones mind??

As for tax exemptions deduction and tax havens you are speaking of. Well lets see first off they have to know I make the money so tax haven yeah those are out of the question.

Deductions and write offs Alright well I can make a write off to a charitable organization up to 50% of "Adjusted gross income" if paid cash. 30% for property and 20% for capital gains assets. While cash would loose you the most property second and capital gains will net you the least savings from taxes but return the MOST in networth if you wish to deduct the most possible.

So to be smart you drop 20% of your adjusted gross income in capital gains which is $50,000. (assuming we are talking the "Rich" guy) You would save yourself a whole whopping 17,500 in taxes. BUT there is a side bonus as your income has changed based on the amount of money claimed to have been earned for the year by the capital gains by donating the $50,000 which in the end run could possibly set you up for another 5,000-10,000 savings in taxes.

If you just started making that kind of money then yes you are paying 87,500 in taxes.

I say that if we look at the spending side we can cut back, lots of evidence that our pols are not looking to cut back..... Then we can take less from everybody :thumbsup:

Well we knew it was coming...

Dem's blame GW for loss last night.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Something tells me the "honeymoon" is truly over... I can not wait for the 35 seats to be contested this year...

Dems are pointing fingers at everyone except the facts... I am sitting here :rofl:

This will just further enrage the voters.... The arrogance is amazing!

Well we've pushed back to the 70"s in Mass, I never thought that that end of the country should be blue anyway. Looks like the opprotunity exists to get some decent momentum going. Still allot of hands out in the voter ranks... I think I oversimplify being so "right wing", but get to see lot's of opposing views here :whistle: I think the problems are mostly technical, somebody is slacking, somebody is greedy, somebody is self serving, somebody is crooked. And the system (pols)are just too self perpetuating. Lets simply apply old fashioned laws and common sense and sort things out. forget about adding new laws every day. :poke:

I am really smiling today... it is like a dark cloud is lifting over some of the politics...

what I like is the fact that Obama is outright blaming GWB for the loss...

You know the voters were so mad at "Republican" Policy that they voted a "republican" in to a democrats place? :rofl:

what a great day this has been... Thanks Teddy! :laugh:

cap n trade (rip)
obamacare (rip)

shove it down our throats? :laugh: love that pic...

Massachusetts people ROCK!!

Last edited:
From what I have heard Brown is a pretty moderate republican so he wont be that consevative. But at least hes not nearly as liberal as ole swimming buddy Kennedy was. They still have enough votes to squeak the health care bill through but not the drastic change they had hoped for. Bet they will really turn up the heat to get what they have left passed before the next elections occur. Cap and trade will be pushed even harder and will do more damage than the health care crap will, all over a hoax.

Back