Lets watch the backlash begin tonight.

large hand full? please note the percentages of votes in the prior elections to this one. As I recall the final decision came down to one state? and a few points? Seems that the last election was only a few points the other direction...

The health care bill was beyond arrogance.... I sort of work in the health care industry now and I am hard pressed to find one person I have been around in the last year that agreed with what they were trying to do.. Granted it was all Dr's, administrators and drug company people however..

Most agree that changes are needed but none found the proposed changes to be anything near close...

going to be an interesting election season...

The states that went from red to blue during the 2008 election was Ohio, Iowa, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Indian. Seems like a good handfull to me. :dunno:

As for the healthcar, you come from a healthcare industry, so of course your not going to see it any other way. I can honestly say the opposite of what you just said. Everyone Im around loves the idea of a single payer, especially my brothers neighbor who is a doctor. I agree, It should be an interesting election season.

The states that went from red to blue during the 2008 election was Ohio, Iowa, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Indian. Seems like a good handfull to me. :dunno:

As for the healthcar, you come from a healthcare industry, so of course your not going to see it any other way. I can honestly say the opposite of what you just said. Everyone Im around loves the idea of a single payer, especially my brothers neighbor who is a doctor. I agree, It should be an interesting election season.

:puke:

actually I spent most of my career time working my tail off in the car biz... I entered the IT field about 8 years ago and work setting up billing systems for Medical offices and providing network support for them..

If you were inside the industry at all and saw what a "single payer" system would do? I can assure you, you would not be singing its praises..

In fact, the biggest threat to your health care after the HMO? Medicare and Medicaid... Be careful what you wish for...

You're right. The states you mentioned did indeed go blue. However, you fail to mention Virginia and New Jersey. Both states have since gone back to red in their gubernatorial elections. The others have teetered back and forth for years. That means that there are more independents in those states than affiliated voters. We saw tonight a glaring example of how independents are viewing the Democrat agenda. They don't like it.

I think you're missing the overall point, as is the entire Democrat party. It's not that we don't want healthcare reform, because we do. The point is that we're in a RECESSION bordering on DEPRESSION and we simply cannot afford to overhaul the system at this point. Here's an idea. Let's fix the Chinese manipulation of the American dollar, put people back to work, QUIT DUMPING MY TAX DOLLARS INTO PRIVATE CORPORATIONS, then, and only then, let's talk about reforming healthcare.

That's a little more than a smilie. :beerchug:

actually I spent most of my career time working my tail off in the car biz... I entered the IT field about 8 years ago and work setting up billing systems for Medical offices and providing network support for them..

If you were inside the industry at all and saw what a "single payer" system would do? I can assure you, you would not be singing its praises..

In fact, the biggest threat to your health care after the HMO? Medicare and Medicaid... Be careful what you wish for...

Welp, if im going to pay minimal $1000 a month (thats without co-pays added in) I want more then 10% of that going to pay for medical bills. Theres no reason why there shouldn't be 90% of this being payed to medical rather then 90% of it going to profit for someone who is nothing but a middle man.

Fill me in on your thoughts of medicaid and medicare being a threat.

You're right, our healthcare system sucks. I now have a Health Savings Account, which is nothing more than major catastrophe coverage. I have to pay out of pocket for everything routine....from immunizations to stitches when one of my kids get a boo boo. I hate it. I miss the days of the HMO. The bottom line is we're broke. Let's revisit this when we don't have CEOs in soup lines, mmkay?

Under medicaid and medicare the poor still cannot get the medication or treatment needed.

I see a lot of people saying they are paying out a lot for ins. I've never added up how much I pay but its worth it when you have 10g of bills staring at you. My bills were for only lifelflight small er bill and a 5 day stay in the hospital for my son.

I pay 5.xx an hour and work a min of 60 hours a week. So it adds up. But its worth it to be able to have the coverage I do. How's it gonna feel if you fall tremendously ill and have no where to turn when your coverage from the gov runs out and there isn't any way to get a "supplemental" coverage.
Posted via Mobile Device

We saw tonight a glaring example of how independents are viewing the Democrat agenda. They don't like it.

I think you're missing the overall point, as is the entire Democrat party. It's not that we don't want healthcare reform, because we do. The point is that we're in a RECESSION bordering on DEPRESSION and we simply cannot afford to overhaul the system at this point. Here's an idea. Let's fix the Chinese manipulation of the American dollar, put people back to work, QUIT DUMPING MY TAX DOLLARS INTO PRIVATE CORPORATIONS, then, and only then, let's talk about reforming healthcare.

That's a little more than a smilie. :beerchug:

I agree on a few points you added. I do not like what the democrats are doing right now. They have strayed away from what they said they were going to do during the campain and should return to doing what was said.

I agree with your second paragraph as well, but you also have to realize whats killing companies is the large amount of money they have to pay to insure their workers. Thats a HUGE!!!! sum of money which bogs a lot of businesses down to create jobs. If I remember correctly we pay close to 20% of our GDP on healthcare.

I agree on a few points you added. I do not like what the democrats are doing right now. They have strayed away from what they said they were going to do during the campain and should return to doing what was said.

I agree with your second paragraph as well, but you also have to realize whats killing companies is the large amount of money they have to pay to insure their workers. Thats a HUGE!!!! sum of money which bogs a lot of businesses down to create jobs. If I remember correctly we pay close to 20% of our GDP on healthcare.

If private industry doesn't pay for health care for its workers, who do you think should? The government? That means that working stiffs like you and I will be footing the bill. That's unacceptable to me. Such a system makes it open to abuse. Some lazy ass who wants to sit around his house of squalor smoking crack all day can get the same health coverage I can get. Call me selfish, but I think those of us who bust our butts on a daily basis to make ends meet should be able to get ahead a lot more readily than those who want to suck our system dry for nothing.

How's it gonna feel if you fall tremendously ill and have no where to turn when your coverage from the gov runs out and there isn't any way to get a "supplemental" coverage.
Posted via Mobile Device

I do understand the concerns, but if you have such a large group paying into a system like single payer, it will all equal out. Like it does now with the medical insurance we have. Only it wont gouge the average person as I said above. It would be non-profit so we wouldn't have to worry about having to pay 90% of what we do now to pay for a middle man that does nothing.

you visit the Dr.. they bill an office visit.. *$85 you get say 15 minutes of his time..

oh highway robbery that was right? do you know what went into that 15 minutes, what happens to that $85 charge? where it goes, what comes back, how much is realized?

The overhead, training and schooling involved? Staff wages, room cleaning, documentation, billing (insurance and pt), building costs, utilities, supplies, insurance (building, malpractice) and the list goes on..

How many patients a day are required just to break even on all the expenses?

How many offices will deny you even to visit if you have medicare or medicaid? those that "will" accept those insurances, often do not have room for you? you go on a waiting list or just go without now...

Welp, if im going to pay minimal $1000 a month (thats without co-pays added in) I want more then 10% of that going to pay for medical bills. Theres no reason why there shouldn't be 90% of this being payed to medical rather then 90% of it going to profit for someone who is nothing but a middle man.

Fill me in on your thoughts of medicaid and medicare being a threat.
oh and tell me what the 1000 a month is about? what is that? your premium? out of pocket? (out of pocket is determined by the policy you bought, and that is also under scrutiny by the Obama care... if you buy a policy with little or no out of pocket costs, those policies fall under the "cadillac" care programs and are subject to a 40% income tax... now there is a great deal

my point is this... the govt could not sooner control or even hope to run the medical care program.. they have destroyed Medicare and Medicaid along side of Social Security.. If you think for one second they could make health care any more affordable or accessible to people, I think you are mistaken.. They might do it for a short time but when everything goes "bust" and they go, well costs got to us, everyone must now pay another 30% more.... (you know those politicians, they wont fly in no junk)....

Last edited:
I do understand the concerns, but if you have such a large group paying into a system like single payer, it will all equal out. Like it does now with the medical insurance we have. Only it wont gouge the average person as I said above. It would be non-profit so we wouldn't have to worry about having to pay 90% of what we do now to pay for a middle man that does nothing.

You don't think they'll be overpaid gov jobs created to manage this system?
Posted via Mobile Device

If private industry doesn't pay for health care for its workers, who do you think should? The government? That means that working stiffs like you and I will be footing the bill. That's unacceptable to me. Such a system makes it open to abuse. Some lazy ass who wants to sit around his house of squalor smoking crack all day can get the same health coverage I can get. Call me selfish, but I think those of us who bust our butts on a daily basis to make ends meet should be able to get ahead a lot more readily than those who want to suck our system dry for nothing.

In all cases theres always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch. But Im suprissed you'd let a few people destroy what could be great for everyone else. If that one person is sitting around the house smoking crack, I guess he's got a check coming in from somewhere since he has to pay for rent.

Besides, doesn't the government tell you to go to the emergency room for care if you dont have insurance? Who do you think is paying that bill that they can't afford? US. With single payer, we wouldn't have to worry about it since everyone is paying into it and everyone is insured

explain the 90% to the middle man... Tell me what happens to a $100 fee billed to insurance...

let me help you... I have no idea were you get your "facts and figures' but they are no where near reality..

$100 fee.. (office visit for instance)
50% is charged off immediately... (Dr's office just writes it off) well there went half that money already.. the middle man is rolling in the dough now..
we now must pay the girl that took the appointment and took your insurance information and spent 10 minutes verifying that you even have insurance, and then she must do the follow up with chasing your charting, faxing documents and making follow up phone calls..in all? 30-40 minutes total ($13 gone)

We are now down to $37

You see the Dr for your 10 or 15 minutes.. (ignore the 12+ years at $50+G for each to do the job)
Room needs cleaned after you are out.. 5 minutes, new paper, sterilizer etc figure $5

$32 remaining..

Rent on building with say 5 exam rooms and insurable as a medical office.. $10G month and $1500M for insurance/$1000 in utilities or roughly $40 an hour per room.. you just burned another $12...

$20 remaining.. that pays the Dr, the billing staff, and on top of that, we gotta carry the credit for a month waiting to get paid... (provided everyone did their job right, otherwise it could take another hour of work and another 30 days of waiting)

How many Dr's do you think are entering the market right now?

We have patients we see now that cost us $$... The Dr does it anyway... why? they really do like to help people..

We have to do special studies and a lot of extra goodies to make a buck... really spend a week in an office and see what goes on...

Last edited:
In all cases theres always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch. But Im suprissed you'd let a few people destroy what could be great for everyone else. If that one person is sitting around the house smoking crack, I guess he's got a check coming in from somewhere since he has to pay for rent.

Besides, doesn't the government tell you to go to the emergency room for care if you dont have insurance? Who do you think is paying that bill that they can't afford? US. With single payer, we wouldn't have to worry about it since everyone is paying into it and everyone is insured

So because I make xxx and a family of 3 then next family of 3 makes xx I should have to pay more because I have a higher paying job.

That's not right.
Posted via Mobile Device

oh and tell me what the 1000 a month is about? what is that? your premium? out of pocket? (out of pocket is determined by the policy you bought, and that is also under scrutiny by the Obama care... if you buy a policy with little or no out of pocket costs, those policies fall under the "cadillac" care programs and are subject to a 40% income tax... now there is a great deal

my point is this... the govt could not sooner control or even hope to run the medical care program.. they have destroyed Medicare and Medicaid along side of Social Security.. If you think for one second they could make health care any more affordable or accessible to people, I think you are mistaken.. They might do it for a short time but when everything goes "bust" and they go, well costs got to us, everyone must now pay another 30% more.... (you know those politicians, they wont fly in no junk)....

the $1000 is what myself and the company I work for pays for coverage. I pay $120 a month out of that. My deducatable well... when I went for a doctors visit it was $100 bill and I had to pay $65 of it. So its not very good for having to already pay $120 for it.

You bring up this cadillac tax, but if you were reading the posts you'd know that im not for the current health reform, and that im for the single payer plan.

What is destroying the medicare, medicaid, and social security is the fact that we cut taxes about 4 years back but didn't figure out how we would pay for things we were currently paying for after doing so. Imagine if we had gotten rid of social security and put all that money in the stock market like they wanted to. Dont think anyone would of enjoyed that.

the $1000 is what myself and the company I work for pays for coverage. I pay $120 a month out of that. My deducatable well... when I went for a doctors visit it was $100 bill and I had to pay $65 of it. So its not very good for having to already pay $120 for it.

You bring up this cadillac tax, but if you were reading the posts you'd know that im not for the current health reform, and that im for the single payer plan.

What is destroying the medicare, medicaid, and social security is the fact that we cut taxes about 4 years back but didn't figure out how we would pay for things we were currently paying for after doing so. Imagine if we had gotten rid of social security and put all that money in the stock market like they wanted to. Dont think anyone would of enjoyed that.
I would like to see that EOB on your visit... the Dr did not get paid $65 that you put in... I can assure you that.. in fact get me the billing code and he probably got $85 for an office visit (priced down to around $35-40

where did they cut taxes? i see where they sent billions of $$ tax money to people that never put in... that is not cutting taxes, that is "redistribution" Taxes have in fact gone up.. (they did for me)

Last edited:
Back