Johnny Cochran died...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's not an OJ thing, it's a rich man thing...  Justice only applies to the poor or middle classes?  Just pisses me off and I am Glad Cochrane is gone because of the wealthy scumbags he keeps outta jail...  

It's all about the money.
I agree on the $$ thing, but I can't find fault with a lawyer who exploits fundamental flaws in the system. Just wish I could afford one.......

I won't address the Total N thing....just will say that I am surprised. I know I shouldn't be from RSD, but I am. RSD is a straight shooter, but I never saw that coming.

With regard to JC, he was a hell of a lawyer....better at his profession than most of us are at ours, and certainly more successful. Did he defend guilty people? I am sure he did, as ALL defense lawyers do. But it was not his job to judge, just to defend the accused, and it is the job of prosecutors to prosecute.

--Before you hate JC too much, consider the fact that the constitution mandates that the accused get a fair trial. If there were no defense lawyers out there, we couldn't have trials, and ALL accused would either get off, or all would go to jail regardless of innocence or guilt.

--Next consider the fact that lawyers are REQUIRED by oath and law to do their very best, within the law, to defend their clients. If they don't do their best, it is grounds for an appeal, not to mention the fact that the lawyer could be disbarred.

This is the US legal system. If you don't have a better system in mind, get with the program. Sometimes the guilty will get off, and sometimes the innocent will go to jail. But if the OJ thing still sticks in your gut, think about this: JC did not find OJ innocent, he just argued the facts and the evidence. If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the prosecutors. They are the ones who failed at their job. Or, be pissed at the jury of his peers. They are the ones who found insufficient evidence to convict.

Did I like JC?....not a whole lot, but I have to respect his skill as a lawyer and orator. He was damn good. Period! I would hire him in a hearbeat, and so would you if you found yourself accused of a serious crime.

And if you are going to criticize his speach or use of slang "Glove doesn't fit, gots to aquit".[/QUOTE], you have an implicit duty to at least get the quote right. That is not how he talked, nor is it exactly what he said. But whatever words he used, he was a genius to use them, because they worked. Now what does any of that have to do with being an N?

Your ignorance and bigotry are disgusting. Johnnie Cochran was an educated, well spoken man. He was a lawyer, do you really think he spoke like you? Most of the time your little comments and complaints are comical, but I suppose you couldn't hide your racism any longer could you? I  would feel sorry for someone like you, but I'm sure you don't want sorrow from a Black man do you? If you had taken the time to actually read what Cochran said, you would realize that he was not "ghetto" as you put it, and was in fact a skilled orator. (That means he could talk good) I'm sure this will be difficult for you to comprehend, but not all Black people are ignorant, ghetto-dwelling gangsta's. Some of us own our own homes, have college educations (we're allowed to go to school now), and enjoy riding Busa's.
Don't bother. Some people aren't worth trying to explain reality to... they're too lost in their own little "Look at how cool I am, posting inflamatory crap behind an anonymnous name safely behiond a computer screen somwhere" douchebaggery that trying to be the "cool tough guy" takes over.

Some people do their damndest to get people pissed off because it gives them their pathetic little jollies. Simply not worth the trouble.

OK, forget the N word. But how 'bout this: RSD has a problem with the guy because he chose a profession that required him to defend the likes of OJ, but guess who said the following in another thread:

The mob-rules syndrome is winning here, not democracy... an' surely not a fair trial.

Are we not supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

I thought the accused had a chance to be heard before being condemed, especially by an' angry mob.

I guess we no longer need judges,juries,an' courts. We can settle peoples fate right here.

He HAD a right to a trial.  A trial , an' to be judged by his peers.
        oops....  just toss out all that constitutional bullshid.

[/QUOTE]

You got it right, RSD. I guess he only embraces and defends the constitutional bullshid when his choices win. Maybe the guy RSD is talking about needs a lawyer like Johnnie.

I love the consistancy.

OK, forget the N word. But how 'bout this: RSD has a problem with the guy because he chose a profession that required him to defend the likes of OJ, but guess who said the following in another thread:

The mob-rules syndrome is winning here, not democracy... an' surely not a fair trial.

I thought the accused had a chance to be heard before being condemed, especially by an' angry mob.

I guess we no longer need judges,juries,an' courts. We can settle peoples fate right here.

You got it right, RSD. I guess he only embraces and defends the constitutional bullshid when his choices win. Maybe the guy RSD is talking about needs a lawyer like Johnnie.

I love the consistancy.[/QUOTE]
If RSD has a problem with the guy for his choice of profession, then fine, so be it. The fact of the matter is that he chose to go and berte the man along stereotypical and racial lines, and that's not cool, no matter who decides to be his apologist.

I fail to see where "innocent until proven guilty" comes into this, since they were his own words, typed by his own hand. Kinda hard for that not to prove one guilty of espousing racist sentiment which has no place on a board, especially one with a diverse membership who will undoubtedly get pissed off by the crap.

(And for what it's worth, I thought his argument in that thread was off the mark too, since no trial had been made, people were discussing a wrong that disgusted them, and were putting up a petition to voice their disgust at it, not a trial.)

So please, spare me the "consistency" diatribe, because people aren't assuming the statement was made... until it was edited (and thank the mods for that), it was very obvious the statement was made.

Bottom line is Mr. Cochran was extremely good at what he did. Most importantly everything in the black community can not be stereotyped into "ebonics, malt liquor types, and drug addicts". These problems affect everyone. We have people who represent our race intelligently in their professions. I have not found any culture yet that is completely free of stereotypes. One of the newest things going is non-blacks referring to themselves as "N's", isn't that interesting.

We all need to focus on self-improvement and empowerment, no matter what color you are or how much you dislike someone else.

I have really been impressed by the lack of issues that touch on race in here. Until anyone posts a picture or implys their culture, we are all just people that own the same type of motorcycle (some of us that own busas). I have gone on other sights where racism is prevalent. To me it is really funny how someone can sit behind a computer and type racial expletives and insult people, when the truth is they've never had the balls to get in someones face and be real.

I come here cause I love to ride and talk with people of like mindsets, that love to ride too. Tere is a lot of good info to be found here, a little ignorance here and there, but overall a good site.

Has nothing to do with the "N" word.....it's the "L" word!!
laugh.gif

I love the consistancy.
If RSD has a problem with the guy for his choice of profession, then fine, so be it.  The fact of the matter is that he chose to go and berte the man along stereotypical and racial lines, and that's not cool, no matter who decides to be his apologist.

I fail to see where "innocent until proven guilty" comes into this, since they were his own words, typed by his own hand.  Kinda hard for that not to prove one guilty of espousing racist sentiment which has no place on a board, especially one with a diverse membership who will undoubtedly get pissed off by the crap.

(And for what it's worth, I thought his argument in that thread was off the mark too, since no trial had been made, people were discussing a wrong that disgusted them, and were putting up a petition to voice their disgust at it, not a trial.)

So please, spare me the "consistency" diatribe, because people aren't assuming the statement was made... until it was edited (and thank the mods for that), it was very obvious the statement was made.[/QUOTE]
OK, you lost me Random. Did you not get the fact that I am 101% in agreement with you? I brought up the "innocent till proven guilty" comment to show RSD's inconsistancy! In one thread he was all for democracy and in support of the legal system. Then in another, he seems to hate JC because of his part in the system. Additionally, when referring to OJ, he obviously forgot about his innocent till proven guilty statement.

So sorry about my consistancy diatribe, but I had a point to make which did not have to do with the N statement. But it was a criticism of RSD nevertheless. I am also sorry if you don't get the fact that I agree with you 101% about the N statement. I figured that was obvious. And if you were referring to me as RSD's apologist, then i must have really confused you. My bad.

OK, you lost me Random. Did you not get the fact that I am 101% in agreement with you? I brought up the "innocent till proven guilty" comment to show RSD's inconsistancy! In one thread he was all for democracy and in support of the legal system. Then in another, he seems to hate JC because of his part in the system. Additionally, when referring to OJ, he obviously forgot about his innocent till proven guilty statement.

So sorry about my consistancy diatribe, but I had a point to make which did not have to do with the N statement. But it was a criticism of RSD nevertheless.  I am also sorry if you don't get the fact that I agree with you 101% about the N statement. I figured that was obvious.  And if you were referring to me as RSD's apologist, then i must have really confused you. My bad.
No, my bad, Thinker.

I realized I got your intentions completely backwards while I was out riding (amazing how the lunctime rides can clear one's head, eh?).

The whole situation that came up hit me pretty hard to home, since my girlfriend is both black, and going into the legal profession as well. So my emotions in the issue got in the way of me reading what you said.

So I apologize profusely for my mistake on that one. Mea Culpa.

Oh they're all related, in both use and meaning.
wink.gif

My personal favorite is one I screamed out randomly when I got cut off one day last year... "Fvckwaffle". No idea where it came from, but it has since become my all-purpose epithet of choice.
biggrin.gif

gee thats a shame...

well, when you choose a profession that defends the likes of a dirtbag like OJ...

I guess you get whats coming to you.

poor johnnie...now all we can do is remember him by his trial slogan...

pure ghetto...   "Glove doesn't fit, gots to aquit".

bye bye loser...  oops sorry, actually he won.  

a one way ticket....   poor johnnie....bye bye fughead.
Well it looks like I'm missing something from your post...If you didn't like the man that's cool but he was simply good at what he did...If his actions were "Ghetto" then let me be condemned the "Ghetto Man"...

Oh...jeEz...

Have...a fuGged 1...

FreAKing pecKerheaD...

Simple fact...Guilt most be proven beyond a reasonable doubt...The district attorney and police failed to do that in this case and the defense took advantage of their mistake...

Well it looks like I'm missing something from your post...
Check my first quote and you'll see.....
I will politely ask one last time.... do not discuss that type of material on this message board.

The negative comments have been removed, and if you wish to talk about it further, do so using private message or email.

I don't want to turn into a 2nd grade teacher and reiterate the rules of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back