My P.D. cant stay out of the news

BrianKesler

Registered
Before everyone reads the story and begins tearing her a new one, read all the comments, especially the comment on page 5. It seems that whoever wrote that, has first-hand information about what really happened. According to him, the K-9 handler did as she was told by the Chief, and as a result, the dog died. Its a shame she is taking all the public ridicule and humiliation in all this.

http://www.theledger.com/article....Hot_Car

if a citizen kills a police k9 its murder houldnt this be the case....

i think so hmmm isnt that ironic

but you know i have been in a few court cases that the owners also got a ticket for in humane for leaving their pets in the car for 2 long

"If you want to know the other unwritten half of this story is how the officer had the dog inside the department because she knew the AC was faulty, that the department was well aware of the faulty AC, that the cheif of police comes in and tells the officer to put the dog in the car because "it smells like dog in here", that the officer DID check on the dog more than once and that he was fine. Upon coming out a third time the dog was found dead. What is a subordinate to do when told by the chief of police, your boss, go put your dog in the car I dont want it smelling like dog in my department. The whole story did not make it into any newspaper, and are you surprised? That would have made the chief look bad. Nah, another officer will probably be set up to take a fall, be reprimanded, and publicly ridiculed all in the face of protecting the great leadership of that department. Three ring circus doesn't even come close. If you think the city hall meetings are bad you should stop into the PD one day LOL."

Wow really sad for the handler and the dog.... I know it was not unusual for the PD in AZ to do the same thing... did not know they had "heat" alarms but sure makes good sense....

RIP buddy!

After reading the posts, I can't even bring myself to read the article.

That's really sad.

--Wag--

Sounds to me like the P.D. need to change some policies. Out here in AZ it gets hot in your car even if the ac is working properly. Besides that, an ac only works well if the car is mobile. Props to the Wal-mart employees, looks like they will have to fork out another $12,625. Too bad Wal-Mart is such a tight wad company. They sould donate themselves instead of the $6.25 per hour doing it.

Wow really sad for the handler and the dog.... I know it was not unusual for the PD in AZ to do the same thing... did not know they had "heat" alarms but sure makes good sense....

RIP buddy!
the one we use is called a "hot dog" and we don't leave a K-9 in a vehicle without one.

Looks a like a bad situation here for the officer. Losing a K-9 partner will bother her for a long time.

Back