iPhone 6

i have the 5 and recently changed from android for the past 5yrs. i dig the sleek look and small feel for the phone. the fit and finish is crisp unlike my droid which felt cheap. the o.s. flows smooth but not as touchy with commands as my droid was. personally, i don't care for the smartphones getting so large these days which makes it unpractical to stow away in my pockets. my wife has the 4s and other than size, it really isn't that
different as far as operation. mine runs a bit quicker and battery life will give me almost 2 days with heavy usage. i snatched up the "life proof" case which completely encloses the phone and can take a good beating which works with my lifestyle.

I always skip a new release and upgrade the iPhone every 2 years. Doesn't make sense to upgrade every 12 months. Besides, it seems like Apple doesn't do any significant changes with each release.

Aside from the "why do you need to upgrade" question, the other question I would ask myself is what does my current phone not do well that a new phone needs to do well. Make a list, look at it vs the current offerings. You can surf the rumor mill sites and get a feel for what they thing a new model might have/do different but until its here, eh, you just never know. If the current model does everything I want, maybe wait to see if a new one surfaces that drives the current model down in price OR you at least can make a more informed decision on the new model.

If you are destined to be an iPhone owner at least your selection of new toys is fairly easy to spot coming. If you were in the "I just want a great phone" category (not sayin the iphone isnt) you would have a ton more research to do. :laugh:

One example of things to consider as you jump to the latest/greatest. The iPhone 5 was touted as having all these advances and a new kick ass camera. Upon use by some folks, they noticed that the awesome scratch proof ruby crystal covering actually was turning images bluer than their 4/4s, android and DSLRs all taken at the same point, within the same few seconds and the same object. If the camera was your driving force to run into a iPhone 5 last fall, you might have been a little miffed.

I recently went to the 5 as well, hands down the best device I have used! Previous droid user too. ALways going to be something new and bigger and better, like a 1500cc Busa!! ;) Get it now and enjoy it!

Back