Inaugural Busa Stampede / Reno / 2009

anything sounds good to me. sent Greg a pm, don't know if he is planning a quick 2 day run or 3-4 ride there. probably be a quick run home, save the vacation days. :laugh: more busa stuff later.:cheerleader:

anything sounds good to me. sent Greg a pm, don't know if he is planning a quick 2 day run or 3-4 ride there. probably be a quick run home, save the vacation days. :laugh: more busa stuff later.:cheerleader:

Thanks, bro. Throw your ideas/needs/wants out there. We're in 'formative' stages here and I'm sure everyone is looking at this with open anticipation for the input of others.

:beerchug:

i look away for one minute and I miss all of these posts. Again, Kevin (Firedog5800) and I are trying to work things out for the chicagoland guys goin. shoot him a PM if you need anything

I hear/feel ya bro! :laugh:
More than glad to assist in making ride recommendations, as I am sure Raydog will be also. :)
I'll add this important note now and I'm sure additional riders that are familiar with the Carson City/Reno area will chime in and agree with me as time progresses..................the month of July is smack dab in the middle of vacation time and this area is referred to by many as being vacation land. The LEOs and NHP are thick as thieves this time of year so pay particular attention and try to keep it at no more than 10MPH over the posted hwy speed limits. Knock-on-wood here, but most of the mountain ride routes are not as heavily patrolled and one can "usually" give in to his/her level of spirited riding need, as required. :whistle:

I know many of the mountain roads well on the cali side so if ya need a little help just say so...it would be our best bet for those who want to ride briskley:whistle:

Jim, let me know when you and Doyle look up the route, i would like to play to:devil:

I think we are going to take a day or two after the Stampede and check out Lake Tahoe, maybe see a show. We may need some input from you guys.

OK, I'm jumpin in for a few thoughts.....Scar, if you get here a few days early, we can go for a recon ride on a loop that CC, ozz and myself determine to be a "hi performance" one. That's not to say we will all go crazy trying to impress one another, I just mean that if we, for example, put 3-4 "official" rides together, we need to take into consideration 1) "Dragon" type routes for the feel of the Sierras 2)sight-seeing, pic taking type routes 3)maximum exposure to the beauty and grandeur of the mountains For example, riding around Lake Tahoe through the little towns vrs. the focus on corners of Ice House Road...are you reading this Rob? We need to talk about this stuff cause it will really maximize the fun for out of staters! I think Reno, Truckee, Sierra City, Donnieville, Nevada City then back i/s 80 would be an awesome 5 hour loop...for example.

Anyways, just throwing some raw meat out there....also, regarding BIG RIGS, probably the Peppermill would be best for parking overnight (security/cameras/capacity/proximity to peoples rooms, etc.) BUT, I mean this....I have a full service motorcycle work area and tools at my house so people should pack light with their own tools based on the knowledge that stuff is here when you arrive (now if you're coming from Nova Scotia on your motorcycle, you should probably pack stuff for the road!)

Another thing, I went to two motorcycle shops (Honda, Suzuki, Aprilia, Yamaha, Kawasaki) and both said they would be willing to give a 3 day discount on anything in their stores (I think 15 or 20%) clothing, parts, etc. for Stampede attendees. This is to help people with broken parts or in need of clothes, etc. and is not intended to usurp our sponsors!

OK, one more thing for now...Scar had me check on rental motorcycles and, yes we can get new Harleys (all types) and Hondas....and....through Eagle Rentals, you can actually rent a bike back East and ride it one way and turn it in here (or visa versa) their shops are all over the US and it isn't that much extra of a surcharge. For example, if someone wanted to ride out with someone then ride a "bagger" or whatever back home (or ride to here then ride home in someone's 4 wheeler). Just throwin stuff out there AND they will give us a discount....more on exact prices later. Doyle

Let's do this!

P1010536.JPG

im reading Doyle, i was kinda of thinking along the same lines on the routes and rides as you...it would be a good idea to have twistie rides that challenge, site seeing rides to check out our beloved mountains and lakes and such...there are all kinds of options for our ride routes into the mountains, some of the best riding in the world we think:cheerleader:

I know many of the mountain roads well on the cali side so if ya need a little help just say so...it would be our best bet for those who want to ride briskley:whistle:

Jim, let me know when you and Doyle look up the route, i would like to play to:devil:

Robb...War and I are going to send you, Jim and Doyle the proposed rides; the three of you can get out together or independently and we'll make the final list available on the website.

Thanks for your offer, as well... Among all the offers and work going on up there already, your input and perspective will prove invaluable.

Robb...War and I are going to send you, Jim and Doyle the proposed rides; the three of you can get out together or independently and we'll make the final list available on the website.

Thanks for your offer, as well... Among all the offers and work going on up there already, your input and perspective will prove invaluable.

sounds good glad i can help:beerchug:...we will go over the routes and make detailed info available for whatever routes you deceide on...

sounds good glad i can help:beerchug:...we will go over the routes and make detailed info available for whatever routes you deceide on...

Sweet! The input we get from you guys will help us ensure that THE RIDES are at least one of the aspects on which the Stampede will be discussed in many circles for a long time to come. :beerchug:

Last edited:
RE: Proposed ride routes.......
I'm kind of jumping the gun here, but just wanted to agree wholeheartedly with Doyle's proposed Sierraville/Downieville loop ride, one of my personal favorites. Said ride has just about everything to offer during the summer months, challenging twisties as well as a marvelous view of the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Another route that I had in mind would also fit within the time frame allotted for a Saturday jaunt, the Monitor Pass run. This 180 mile round trip route would take approximately 5 hours which includes pit stops in Carson City to top off gas tanks and in Markleville at the country store for a quick refreshing soft drink before assaulting the Pass.
I would think that the rides should be no longer than the two initial proposals above because I’m sure we’ll have many sore-butt riders that will have spent many a long hour in the saddle just getting here.
And yes indeed, count me in for the recon ride with Scar, Doyle and ozz to better decide which route(s) to include.
The pic: Monitor Pass

100_0983 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Ok, OK, OK Scar....so it turns out that the Lycan MAY be coming out to the Stampede after all...I talked to the wife and I think she's cool with me making the trip...BUT, no bike, just cant see hauling it or riding it THAT far just yet, (BABUSA insert flame here) but it looks like I will be digging out the details so that I can plan to go, I cant pass up this opportunity to meet our fine brothers out West...so....Lycan WILL BE THERE, even if it's to drink alot while you guys are our riding :laugh:what a cross to bear...:laugh::thumbsup:

Ok, OK, OK Scar....so it turns out that the Lycan MAY be coming out to the Stampede after all...I talked to the wife and I think she's cool with me making the trip...BUT, no bike, just cant see hauling it or riding it THAT far just yet, (BABUSA insert flame here) but it looks like I will be digging out the details so that I can plan to go, I cant pass up this opportunity to meet our fine brothers out West...so....Lycan WILL BE THERE, even if it's to drink alot while you guys are our riding :laugh:what a cross to bear...:laugh::thumbsup:

Dude...this is certifiably insane, off-the-hook, goose-bumpy news.

I'm so flippin' jazzed. :woot:

I got your PM, and want to ensure you look into Southwest Airlines to try to keep the travel costs to a minimum. More about this in the reply PM (forthcoming); information probably a little premature to post, but definitely check it out and see if you can get that fare price down some.

Additionally, there is the possibility of rent-machines (specific details forthcoming), and then there's the 'here, ride my bike' aspect of this group. I don't think you're going to go completely without...besides, NO HOARDING THE BOOZE!!! (slam-shut check valve)

:rofl:

I'll put my schnell# in the PM in the event you need anything...you have direct access.

:cheerleader:

O.M.G.

:cheerleader:

Lycan WILL BE THERE, even if it's to drink alot while you guys are our riding :laugh:what a cross to bear...:laugh::thumbsup:

Hey now.... I'd be willing to help out a brother! I'll be there to help hoist those Cool Ones until we can't hoist no more! :drinka:

:thumbsup:

I'm just down the road from you guys, let me know when you want to play :whistle:

Back