Inaugural Busa Stampede / Reno / 2009

You better make it, or I'll have to do a fly by on my next trip to WA.

I sure hope so. I was planning to do Moto GP this year, but this presents an interesting choice. Looks like Moto G will be July 5th, which could be a problem in and of itself. So I will work on this.

I hope the website has one of those features that allow people to respond so you can see who is coming from where. That would be cool.

I sure hope so. I was planning to do Moto GP this year, but this presents an interesting choice. Looks like Moto G will be July 5th, which could be a problem in and of itself. So I will work on this.

I hope the website has one of those features that allow people to respond so you can see who is coming from where. That would be cool.

You could always fly into Reno, maybe rent a bike or somebody might even have a extra one that you could ride.

Put it on the calendar and we'll figure something out, I'm only 250 miles away from Reno. I have a spare bike right now that you could ride, but I don't now if I'll have it when we go to Reno.

ok, well I have the request in for vacation already :cool:

I'm going to do that ride we were talkin about as well, let me know when you wanna chart it out ... think it might be a great add on for anyone that is coming out ... imagine 10-20-30 or more busa's flyin along the route we talked about :thumbsup:

ok, well I have the request in for vacation already :cool:

I'm going to do that ride we were talkin about as well, let me know when you wanna chart it out ... think it might be a great add on for anyone that is coming out ... imagine 10-20-30 or more busa's flyin along the route we talked about :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about it endlessly, Brian.

It's going to be _itz on a Ritz, yo... You know... Mm Mm Mm...good Cracka!

Cracka-lacka!

It definitely would be cool... which is why it is already set up! :beerchug:
After registrations start pouring in, I will populate a Google map of the USA with the home towns of attendees. It's kinda cool to see the number of red balloons "grow" on the Google map as the Event date approaches... :agree:

It'll look something like the below... when you click on a red balloon, that attendee's forum handle, city/state, and model year Busa will be displayed.

Below is just an example; these map balloons are not "live" links.

GoogleMap.jpg

Wow, looks like a 25 hour drive for me, 1,756 miles. Split in half that about 900 miles a day. Who's going to rub my butt when I get there? :moon:

You could always fly into Reno, maybe rent a bike or somebody might even have a extra one that you could ride.

Put it on the calendar and we'll figure something out, I'm only 250 miles away from Reno. I have a spare bike right now that you could ride, but I don't now if I'll have it when we go to Reno.

That is definately an option, but if i can't take my bike, I am much less likely to go. To me that is the point......Busa Stampede. But the drive to Reno isn't that bad from here. The question is whether I can afford to do 3 road trips within 2 months? (My clubs national meeting will likely be in Reno or Vegas in June).

I saw someone mention 20 or 30 Busas. Heck, if less than 100 show up for something like this, I would be dissapointed.

What is the web address for the website dedicated to this?

That is definately an option, but if i can't take my bike, I am much less likely to go. To me that is the point......Busa Stampede. But the drive to Reno isn't that bad from here. The question is whether I can afford to do 3 road trips within 2 months? (My clubs national meeting will likely be in Reno or Vegas in June).

I saw someone mention 20 or 30 Busas. Heck, if less than 100 show up for something like this, I would be dissapointed.

The website is not up yet :banghead:

We're finalizing the website right now. It'll be launched, ceremoniously, in like a week to ten days...

:beerchug:

We just want to ensure we're not missing ANYTHING. You know. Real professional-like.

Last edited:
For any of you guys coming in from the south that might need to make a pit stop for chain maintenance and/or any minor repair work before heading on into Reno, I'm 30 minutes to the south of Reno here in Carson City. I've got all the necessary tools, a Pitt Bull rear stand and plenty of rags, kerosene, WD-40 and chain lube which will be at your disposal.

Jim ---> (09 silver/gray on order)

For any of you guys coming in from the south that might need to make a pit stop for chain maintenance and/or any minor repair work before heading on into Reno, I'm 30 minutes to the south of Reno here in Carson City. I've got all the necessary tools, a Pitt Bull rear stand and plenty of rags, kerosene, WD-40 and chain lube which will be at your disposal.

Thank you for the offer. I may take you up on that. Not sure if we are riding or not, but she will need some attention after the trip. Again, thank you very much.

Thank you for the offer. I may take you up on that. Not sure if we are riding or not, but she will need some attention after the trip. Again, thank you very much.

James, I'm going to take my trailer up there and bring some stands and tools. I will have it there several day before the event starts and be riding in the area.

Like Jim said he is 30 minutes south and Doyle (raydog) is in Reno, so we will have several people to help out with any needed service or repairs :thumbsup:

Jim: In addition to your very kind offers, I'm going to send you a bunch of ride routes to assess for us. As War initially intimated to you, we have a veritable 'boat-load' of rides mapped out. I'd like you to take a look at them and give me your opinion. Really, we have two opportunities in terms of scheduling.

1. Saturday, all day until 4pm, and
2. Sunday early-a.m.​

That said, I need you to determine for us if any or all of the rides fit into the slotted allotted. Ya feel me here?

That info will be headed your way by the end of the week. You willing?

Thanks, bro!

was going to volunteer for the texas route, but see you already have someone. going to be a great trip

Jim: In addition to your very kind offers, I'm going to send you a bunch of ride routes to assess for us. As War initially intimated to you, we have a veritable 'boat-load' of rides mapped out. I'd like you to take a look at them and give me your opinion. Really, we have two opportunities in terms of scheduling.

1. Saturday, all day until 4pm, and
2. Sunday early-a.m.​

That said, I need you to determine for us if any or all of the rides fit into the slotted allotted. Ya feel me here?

That info will be headed your way by the end of the week. You willing?

Thanks, bro!
I hear/feel ya bro! :laugh:
More than glad to assist in making ride recommendations, as I am sure Raydog will be also. :)
I'll add this important note now and I'm sure additional riders that are familiar with the Carson City/Reno area will chime in and agree with me as time progresses..................the month of July is smack dab in the middle of vacation time and this area is referred to by many as being vacation land. The LEOs and NHP are thick as thieves this time of year so pay particular attention and try to keep it at no more than 10MPH over the posted hwy speed limits. Knock-on-wood here, but most of the mountain ride routes are not as heavily patrolled and one can "usually" give in to his/her level of spirited riding need, as required. :whistle:

Last edited:
I hear/feel ya bro! :laugh:
More than glad to assist in making ride recommendations, as I am sure Raydog will be also. :)
I'll add this important note now and I'm sure additional riders that are familiar with the Carson City/Reno area will chime in and agree with me as time progresses..................the month of July is smack dab in the middle of vacation time and this area is referred to by many as being vacation land. The LEOs and NHP are thick as thieves this time of year so pay particular attention and try to keep it at no more than 10MPH over the posted hwy speed limits. Knock-on-wood here, but most of the mountain ride routes are not as heavily patrolled and one can "usually" give in to his/her level of spirited riding needs, as required. :whistle:
=====================================================
Thanks, Jim. I'm appealing to Doyle, also.

Good advice on the 'time of the year' and the resultant beefing up of patroling entities. At registration, we will make sure everyone understands this very important fact. And not just for being there, but for getting there and going home, as well.

:beerchug:

was going to volunteer for the texas route, but see you already have someone. going to be a great trip

That's fantastic, bro! Much obliged. I'd like to introduce you to Greg and Rebecca so that you can possibly work together to get the crew to Reno from TX. Additionally, Texas being as big as it is, there remains the possibility that you each have groups that converge and proceed as a unit. Just thinkin'.

Scar, how soon can we start making reservations? :cheerleader:

Within ten days, as soon as the website is launched. You have to log on to the Stampede website to accomplish it (reservations) as the website will generate a code specific to your reservation so you can be assured of getting the group rate. Without the code, you will not, theoretically, be able to get the 'group rate'.

I'll discuss w/War about having a record of registrant's codes so we can have a file of them at registration. Thatta-way, no one has to really worry if they left the code, written on a match-book cover on their grill when they left home for the Stampede. Seems somehow accommodating.

:whistle:

Last edited:
Back