Inaugural Busa Stampede / Reno / 2009

So, it seems that thus far, we have groups coming from the following regions:

Seattle/Portland (lead by Wingding (Adam))
Central/Northern California (awaiting volunteer lead)
New Mexico/Arizona (lead by Copperone (Dan, tentatively))
Texas (awaiting volunteer lead)
San Diego/Los Angeles (awaiting volunteer lead)
Milwaukee/Chicago (lead by Firedog5800 (Kevin))
Southern Illinois/Missouri (awaiting volunteer lead)
Kansas/Oklahoma (awaiting volunteer lead)
...all points more east of the Mississippi not mentioned above

Anyone wanting to step into the volunteer lead positions please let me know.

The responsibilities are simple, really; just arrange a route, a time to leave, and be generally available to members/participants from your region to answer questions, make suggestions and rally the group when the time comes to kick up the Stampede!

Many thanks to all who have already volunteered! :beerchug:

Last edited:
I can't fit 6 days worth of clothes and supplies in just my backpack. Thanks for the offer :beerchug:

Who sez you need 6 days worth of clothes? just take 2 days worth, throw it in Doyle's washer/dryer (granted if it's okay with him and family), and voila, you have clothes to rotate for another 2 days. :thumbsup:
Of course, that's how I'd do it. You're right though, Illinois to Reno is pretty darn far. all I have to do is ask Busawhipped.

And don't forget, I am 6 minutes from the Peppermill, have a big side yard (for trailer queens), motorcycle work table, air tools, etc. for any adjustments, repairs and such!

Raydog (Doyle)

:bowdown:

You're good people Doyle. My bros and I will definitely take you up on your offer as well. You're gonna be the only toolbox on our trip. :beerchug:

So, it seems that thus far, we have groups coming from the following regions:

San Diego/Los Angeles (awaiting volunteer lead)
Anyone wanting to step into the volunteer lead positions please let me know.

The responsibilities are simple, really; just arrange a route, a time to leave, and be generally available to members/participants from your region to answer questions, make suggestions and rally the group when the time comes to kick up the Stampede!

Many thanks to all who have already volunteered! :beerchug:

I motion to nominate Scar. anyone like to 2nd that motion (of course, dumbazz me didn't take time to read entire thread opening and Scar prolly has to leave for Reno a day or two earlier just to coordinate the efforts-thus making my motion useless). :laugh:

I motion to nominate Scar. anyone like to 2nd that motion (of course, dumbazz me didn't take time to read entire thread opening and Scar prolly has to leave for Reno a day or two earlier just to coordinate the efforts-thus making my motion useless). :laugh:

Yep, all the Busa Stampede staff will be there the day before the event to start setting up for Check-In's the next morning....

That said, I am working with the Peppermill to get our killer room rate extended for a couple days on either side of the event dates, to accommodate those who want to party a few days early, and/or party a few days afterward....
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Yep, all the Busa Stampede staff will be there the day before the event to start setting up for Check-In's the next morning....

That said, I am working with the Peppermill to get our killer room rate extended for a couple days on wither side of the event dates, to accommodate those who want to party a few days early, and/or party a few days afterward....
:beerchug:

The whip has been cracked, Ryan...sorry. :laugh: I will indeed be in town a couple of days early...otherwise, I would LOVE to lead the contingent from San Diego/LA. What a blast that would be.

The whip has been cracked, Ryan...sorry. :laugh: I will indeed be in town a couple of days early...otherwise, I would LOVE to lead the contingent from San Diego/LA. What a blast that would be.

DUDE, you got PM. LOL

I TOLD Chris that we are going to this. I don't know if I still have a G/F or not now, but atleast she knows where I will be this weekend in July.:rofl:

I TOLD Chris that we are going to this. I don't know if I still have a G/F or not now, but atleast she knows where I will be this weekend in July.:rofl:

I see...right, so when she wants to apologize, she'll know what time zone you're in and to not disturb you during sleepy time. :rofl:

Smart man. I like the way you think. :beerchug:

I see...right, so when she wants to apologize, she'll know what time zone you're in and to not disturb you during sleepy time. :rofl:

Smart man. I like the way you think. :beerchug:

Yes she has a habit of disturbing SLEEPY TIME. Every time I am out of town (Like eevry week) she calls me AFTER bed time. But all is good.

I started a thread for the Midwest peeps informing them of the contact person.
:whistle:

Yes she has a habit of disturbing SLEEPY TIME. Every time I am out of town (Like eevry week) she calls me AFTER bed time. But all is good.

I started a thread for the Midwest peeps informing them of the contact person.
:whistle:

Great...I'm updating this thread, as well...

UPDATE!

BA Busa (Rich) has volunteered to be the contact person for NorCal/Bay Area.

Thanks, Rich!!! I knew you'd step up! :cheerleader:

UPDATE!

BA Busa (Rich) has volunteered to be the contact person for NorCal/Bay Area.

Thanks, Rich!!! I knew you'd step up! :cheerleader:

And we have another VOLUNTEER BY ASSOCIATION!

Greg (RacerxTex) and his wife, Rebecca (who goes by "ReeRee") have graciously stepped up to be the Stampede point-people for Texas.

Thanks, you two!
Greg: We'll finally get to hoist that cold-one in Reno!!! :beerchug:
And,
Rebecca...the way we met is the stuff of great memories!
Can't wait to see you...

:bowdown:

Back