I dumped my busa last night:(

lurk.gif

This ranting over here at Kris is partially my fault.
He posted up over at onedownfiveup.com about his plans to purchase a Busa after owning a 600 for only 2 months.
He was warned by a hundred guys of the potential consequences of his actions and his reasons for getting the Busa ? well you can read them for your self over at the other site, but they where weak at best.
I pmed the guy and offered him some riding time with an experienced handler, but my offer went unanswered.
So when I saw the post here, I just had to tell the boys there and watch out because here come the flame wars.

Ask the clown what he was doing last night?

Stunting on the same street with no gear again to impress people.
OK,

I was wrong. Tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
sad.gif

Kris,

Russian Roulette is cheaper and probably less painfull than stunting with no gear on. It will draw a crowd too and won't have any effect on our insurance premiums.

Take it easy on the Busa dude...There's plenty of time to figure out it's powercurve and handling. If you're gonna stunt, do it away from public eye, traffic and remove the plastics. You could get killed. I used to wheelie my Busa everytime I'd ride by a large group of peeps and they'd yell "wheelie." I quit doing that shid b/c it's dangerous, inappropriate and against the law. It's tough riding the Busa b/c you always get this UNWANTED ATTENTION and people get a kick out of seeing us do stupid shi7. I get people asking me to do a stoppie on a Busa. Yeah right!! Fug up my triple trees, front fender etc...forget about it.

Hey. I had to learn the hard way. But better late than never, At least i did learn it. I need to cool down. Ive only been riding a few months too. I just love power and speed. I was over at ODFU and even before i bought the bike i was getting negative critizism (sp). Im not knocking anyone for what they said here becasue its all true. I dont go crazy though traffic or red lights or anything. I just cruize normal and do a few show off things. IMO it is very dangerous. I dont do 100 in a 25. Or top the bike out on every stright. Just the stunts i like. I dont know maybe its an attention grabber for people to say "wow that is cool". I dont like ODFU that much anymore becasue.... well i just dont. Everyone is right here. I do need to cool it.

Hey I give you props for doing a tank wheelie. #### I'm barely doing first gear power wheelies. I did an 11 o'cock the other night accidently while trying to do a power wheelie in 1st gear and after I came back down from it I thought my heart had stopped.

I really wish I had nerves of steel to do those type of things. By the way, insurance is high cause it's high. Government doesn't regulate it, but they require it. It's almost like oxygen, hell I would overcharge too if I knew you needed it.

Yesterday I rode over 200 miles going though the hills of CB, IA and we were taking some risky turns at high speeds. Most were wearing full gear, some went down, do you call those people squids for taking 45 mph turns at 140? I sure as hell wasn't one of those people. I was taking them at 90 cause I saw way too much gravel around me.

Sportbike owners take bigger risk overall. So quit bitching about your insurance and saying it's high because of someone else's risk cause if you owned a $17,000 H-D your insurance will more than likely be a 1/3 of what it is now. You own the fastest production vehicle in the world, it should be high. You could be the safest driver in the world and if you own a Lamborghini the insurance is still going to be high. That's just how it is, so once again quit blaming others.

If you are going to stunt your bike take your sweet time learning how to ride it first. It takes a long time to become one with your bike it just doesn't just happen overnight.

A lot of people here b1tched at you for pulling wheelies on public roads...well I'm sure we have all done something illegal and endangered our lives (and possibly others) throughout our lives so calm down.

Just thank whatever gods you pray to that you never got hurt (or hurt the bike) more!!!! I say you're lucky too. Leave it as it is and drive it. It'll be a good reminder.

EDIT- and get some <table style=filter:glow(color=orange)>FRAME SLIDERS </table> too!

<!--EDIT|xyu
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121164585 -->

I hear what you are saying. Im just so use to knowing what im doing in a car. I have a 94- z28 with a few mods and i could drift that thing all day in any direction. I guess i just though i was good enough to do the same with the bike

I think the broad spectrum of members we have here is growing.......

a guy new to sportbikes, looping a busa..
a guy telling him hes a caliper,.....

whats next......................................
So I missed spelled a word professor! Bad speller maybe ! Dumbas* that reacts to peer pressure with a dumb stunt never! I hate to hear of anybody going down! But this! He deserved it! You wanna do tricks JOIN THE CIRCUS!!!! I'm sick of these idiots around my town that think these bikes are play toys THERE NOT! PEOPLE LIKE HIM GIVE THESE BIKES A BAD NAME AND COMMUNITIES AND COPS LABEL THESE BIKES AS TROUBLE. maybe now he'll learn to treat the bike with some respect!
I am sure that he has learned several lessons. PLEASE NO MATTER HOW BAD NEVER EVER SAY A BIKER DESERVES WHAT THEY GOT. I do understand what you are saying however....

Besides he lives around my town so i have to live with it and try to help change him.
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121165673 -->

What in the hell does "drifting" a car have to do with riding a Hayabusa? You still don't get it do you? Here is the simple truth chief, with your riding experience and lack of any real judgement you are going to end up dead or in a vegitative state with a nurse changing your diapers. You really need to get rid of the Hayabusa. Flame me all you want but a 21 year old on a Hayabusa looking for an auto darkening lisence plate frame, wrecking his bike after a couple weeks, without any real insurance is beyond belief.

What in the hell does "drifting" a car have to do with riding a Hayabusa? You still don't get it do you? Here is the simple truth chief, with your riding experience and lack of any real judgement you are going to end up dead or in a vegitative state with a nurse changing your diapers. You really need to get rid of the Hayabusa. Flame me all you want but a 21 year old on a Hayabusa looking for an auto darkening lisence plate frame, wrecking his bike after a couple weeks, without any real insurance is beyond belief.[/quot

Please do not drift the Busa.........

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121165765 -->

Oh by the way when you get the bike fixed look me up and we will go riding the right way. ;D

What in the hell does "drifting" a car have to do with riding a Hayabusa? [/QUOTE]

Ya know, after reading the comment about drifting I seriously wanted to call TROLL but from the comments of a few others this guy appears to be the real deal.

I wonder if he needs to be reminded to breath?  
drooling3.gif

At least a few good things came out of this:
1: He didn't die.
2: Good chance he had the Darwinism knocked out of him.
3: He did NOT have full coverage!

I was doing over 70-80 mph.. Lol i pulled out of krispy kream[/QUOTE]

IMO it is very dangerous. I dont do 100 in a 25.[/QUOTE]

Ummm yeah...

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121172861 -->

Back