I dumped my busa last night:(

Lotus49

Registered
I crash it... I was doing a wheelie on the gas tank and i just landed it wrong.
sad.gif
Im ok. Ill try and upload a photo

Im AIM kriskahle1983

<!--EDIT|Lotus49
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121051889 -->

3rd pic. everyone keeps telling me im lucky. I was doing over 70-80 mph.. Lol i pulled out of krispy kream on the berlin turnpike and rode a 12oclock for a little bit. I pulled back in 10 min later and everyone was like DUUUUDEEEEE! that was sweet. So i said "you like that, watch this" and did a 12oclock (it was more like 11) on the gas tank with my legs out. and just came down wrong. Slid through an in intersection. I jumped up before the bike stopped sliding. Along with about 40 other people asking if im ok. They helped me pick up my bike and pop start it. it drives fine and its only body damage

000_0387.jpg

Ouch!!!  That sucks man
sad.gif

No wheelies on the gas tank for me. 25 years ago maybe!

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121053250 -->

heheh.. thats strangely ironic... They think your a bad risk and try to charge you a staggering amount... so you go out and prove them right in the first 2,500 miles..

sorry.. not trying to be an ass.. just thought it was sorta funny.. not that you wrecked or whatever.. I hate that for you.. I thought it was funny that the insurance people could read the tea leaves.

Are you going to replace the plastics? If so.. how much would you take for the rashed pieces?

I dont know.. where can i go online for some prices? I need a new nose, side fearing a new d&d canister (grrrr i installed 2 days ago) and a new back plastic (slightly scrached)

just as a constructive critisism here...

i've read somewhere or other than over 60% of all bike accidents happen when the rider is on a "new to them" bike... not a new rider... just a rider thats gotten a new bike in the first 5,000 miles.

take it easy on those things till your not just "used to it" but until you reeeeaally know your bike.

hmm.. bikebandit.com has oem parts.. there is some chic alot of the guys buy plastic from.. they say good prices.. I dunno,, been lucky enough not to need to price em so far.

ebay of course has em all the time.

3rd pic. everyone keeps telling me im lucky. I was doing over 70-80 mph.. Lol i pulled out of krispy kream on the berlin turnpike and rode a 12oclock for a little bit. I pulled back in 10 min later and everyone was like DUUUUDEEEEE! that was sweet. So i said "you like that, watch this" and did a 12oclock (it was more like 11) on the gas tank with my legs out. and just came down wrong. Slid through an in intersection. I jumped up before the bike stopped sliding. Along with about 40 other people asking if im ok. They helped me pick up my bike and pop start it. it drives fine and its only body damage
I wish I could have seen you do that. NOT CRASH, just the wheelies. I pucker up just lifting the front wheel for a second or so
biggrin.gif

That's when most accidents happen...When you've got a crowd edgeing you own...If you not thru riding wheelies don't fix it it's your trick bike now...Glad you OK...

Sorry to hear you crashed the Busa... wheelies sound wicked, but hey a bad landing is a bad landing... glad to hear you walked away from it...

Back