Steelers quarterback ben roethlisberger

RamminBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Looks like Ben was out riding his Hayabusa and had a crash.  I was surprised to see the pictures of his bike (Hayabusa) on the tow truck.  Hope hes alright, apparently he is not known for wearing a helmet...

http://news.yahoo.com/photos....25hdg--

<!--EDIT|RamminBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150136798 -->

bens_bike.jpg

Yeah, it's a shame...there's a thread about this over in random...

That WAS a nice Busa...

sad to see it was a busa, I'll keep an eye on e-Bay. (sorry)

Dont they have contracts keeping them from doing stuff like that?

<!--EDIT|heavybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150139201 -->

I read that story this morning (before they had pics) and assumed he was on a H-D..
Now I just read it again, and they showed the Busa, I was surprised, he has good taste, It is (was) a nice looking bike.
I hope he is OK, I'm more of a fan of his now.

I also thought it was a HD as the news story said he wasn't wearing a helmet... he'd also been warned by the coach before about riding and no helmet.
director.gif

A Busa and no helmet =
face7.gif

What a Dumba** for not wearing a helmet, and this is a guy who makes millions
rock.gif
I bet he'll wear a lid next time he rides or the team should make him wear one.....Just my .02

Can't believe another athlete throws their future in the wind riding a bike without a helmet. Granted, I commend his taste in bikes but damn, why risk your livlihood by not wearing gear. Hope he comes out of this ok, but when will these guys wake up...

Just heard he had signed a $40 MILLION Dollar contract
wow.gif
! Maybe not you, but for $40 Million, I could give up my Busa along with all my other bikes
wink.gif

It is crazy around here (Pittsburgh) there are fans waiting outside of Mercy Hospital and everything. He lost some teeth, broke his Jaw, broke some bones in his face, and there is no word yet about the status of his legs.

It is non stop on the news here since he is our local hero. I will let a know if I hear anything else.

it will cost him alot of cash if he is not healed up in time for the up coming season. You would think that he would have enough sense to at least throw a lid on with the hits he takes on the field.

I'm sooo mixed about the news.

1.) I hope that Ben makes full recovery. That is a horrible accident that could've costed him his life.

Now, my rant.....
soapbox.gif

This guy just won the Superbowl 4 months ago, making millions of dollars a year, has perhaps the best life a professional athlete can have, yet he doesn't want to wear a helmet?

Damnit, this guy is seen as a role model by millions, what kind of message do you think he's sending to children and adults alike? Esp, since he was on a Busa? That it's ok to ride without gear as long as you're not careful? Whatever happened to dress for the ride, and not for the weather?

The other thing that PISSES ME OFF IS THAT THE BUSA GETS MEDIA ATTENTION AGAIN BUT NOT THE POSITIVE TYPE!! Word of the Busa as "the fastest street legal bike" being smeared all over the media is NOT GOOD MEDIA WHATSOEVER. You would think he would have better judgment than that riding such serious piece of equipment as the BUSA. Look for some negative backlash against our rides in the months/years to come just b/c a high profile name such as Roethlisberger gets in a wreck, with a Busa, and NO GEAR or HELMET.

All right, I'll step off my soapbox now.

Well at least he was in a town of his fans and everyone there told the police that he had the green light and it was the womans fault. She is from the New England states anyway, they will probably give her a medal up there.

Just plain stupid if you ask me, he's never played any football games without a helmet. So why risk it all
mad.gif

I bet he never shows up for a game without his helmet!
Why not on the bike???

Back