I dumped my busa last night:(

Sorry about your crash.

It looks like you had a frame slider that broke off. Or is that just a rashed hole in the plastic.

If you did have a frame slider what kind was it? Did it help at all?

Thanks for the info.

Look at my Plastic Repair 101 post in Maintenance and DIY section of the forums. You will be surprised at the results you can achieve using the techniques outlined there. Good luck healing. That strawberry on your knee will be very painful as it dries and shrinks. Trust me on that one.

dang...

Glad you're not worse off, but I'm with Tbone on this one. No flames....I've been there and done that. Hopefully in the future, you'll come out a better (read more careful) rider.

Mad skills, though...I 12'd my Busa (unintentionally) and had to kick off. Hit the ground around 65-70? The result was devastating.

Crashed_Busa.jpg

OUCH! dude that sucks. When did this happen? By looking at the rear section looks like you went a little more than 12oclock
biggrin.gif

Oh and no i didnt have frame protectors. I will now. Saves a few hundred in repair bills. Oh and my knee is KILLING ME... I need to go to the doctor i think. There is tar and dirt in it sill

<!--EDIT|Lotus49
Reason for Edit: "IT HURTS!"|1121088418 -->

A whole lotta shid and heartache is what happened. Dayum....

Here's a link to what happened.

Let's just say I need to work on my riding skills a lil more.

You're a f-ing moron, you were warned about what would happen if you didn't chill out.  Why don't you clue everyone in to how long you've been riding Kris.

Yeah it was kind of stupid. If you had almost 100 people telling you to do it..
Kind of STUPID?? I don't think there is any kinda in the stunt. I sent you some links for plastic. This time after you get it fixed put some more miles on it before you start sitting on the tank. As you found out it goes up and comes down a little diffeent then other bikes. Glad you are OK, and that you learned some additional limitations.

hehe.. geez guys.. chill out.. Even though he appears to be a squid I think he's just graduated.

A squid would have already called us all stupid for not wheeling at all times especially if there was anybody... i mean _ANYBODY_ there to witness it.

be glad he isn't hurt too badly, and that the bike isn't killed.. it's not gonna hurt your insurance because no point in turning it in if ya don't have full coverage afterall...

calm down already.. I think this one can be reformed!

I think the broad spectrum of members we have here is growing.......

a guy new to sportbikes, looping a busa..
a guy telling him hes a caliper,.....

whats next......................................

I think the broad spectrum of members we have here is growing.......

a guy new to sportbikes, looping a busa..
a guy telling him hes a caliper,.....

whats next......................................
So I missed spelled a word professor! Bad speller maybe ! Dumbas* that reacts to peer pressure with a dumb stunt never! I hate to hear of anybody going down! But this! He deserved it! You wanna do tricks JOIN THE CIRCUS!!!! I'm sick of these idiots around my town that think these bikes are play toys THERE NOT! PEOPLE LIKE HIM GIVE THESE BIKES A BAD NAME AND COMMUNITIES AND COPS LABEL THESE BIKES AS TROUBLE. maybe now he'll learn to treat the bike with some respect!

You're a f-ing moron, you were warned about what would happen if you didn't chill out.  Why don't you clue everyone in to how long you've been riding Kris.
Sounds like he's spent more time on one wheel than two
laugh.gif
Crazy move, yes. Jacks up our insurance, yes. Could have been worse, yes!!! Based on his posts, it sounds like he might have learned from this experience. Time will tell but at least he didn't pull a meltdown here.

Kris, CHILL OUT and ride within your limits man!!! You have alot of years ahead of you.

...PEOPLE LIKE HIM GIVE THESE BIKES A BAD NAME  AND COMMUNITIES AND COPS LABEL THESE BIKES AS TROUBLE...

You know what...no matter how responsibly any of us ride, there are always going to be riders and drivers and pedestrians and cops who give us a bad name. It can't be help. There's no use getting so mad at one guy...it's just going to happen again..it's inevitable...

There will always be punks who think they're really cool, cutting through traffic and endangering OTHER people's lives. The best thing we can do right now is ride responsibly ourselves, and give good advice to new riders in this forum. Encourage them to take a rider safety course...and maybe volunteer to be an instructor at the local rider safety organisation. That's what I plan to do, and there are alreaady others doing it. We can't force people to change, but we can set a good example, for them to learn through influence.

<!--EDIT|doodoggy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121100626 -->

but thoes 100 people arnt going to pay for my bike though too.
Let that knee scar and serve as a reminder to you.  You made a very good point there, peer pressure is a b*tch!  But as you get a bit more under your belt, you'll learn not to buckle to it.

Hey!  Maybe, you can get a $10 per person started from those 100 people that urged you on!!  Play the sad puppy eye part and reason with them that it's like the price of a movie ticket for each of them.  Except it's better because it was live and they got to participate.

<!--EDIT|eynlai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121104821 -->

Back