I dumped my busa last night:(

I think the broad spectrum of members we have here is growing.......

a guy new to sportbikes, looping a busa..
a guy telling him hes a caliper,.....

whats next......................................
Well, if we keep the mouths in check (good job over-all..BTW), and we don't turn this into a long-term mud throwng contest, and we carry on like nothing happened...

The ranks may thin to the ones who have matured past the brink of puberty and inviciblility (Teens through 23 or so) in a fairly short timeframe.

cool.gif

What in the hell does "drifting" a car have to do with riding a Hayabusa? You still don't get it do you? Here is the simple truth chief, with your riding experience and lack of any real judgement you are going to end up dead or  in a vegitative state with a nurse changing your diapers. You really need to get rid of the Hayabusa. Flame me all you want but a 21 year old on a Hayabusa looking for an auto darkening lisence plate frame, wrecking his bike after a couple weeks, without any real insurance is beyond belief.[/quot

Please do not drift the Busa.........
I almost choked when I read that NE! You trying to take me out?
rock.gif

The visual had me laughing until I couldn't breath!

laugh.gif

What in the hell does "drifting" a car have to do with riding a Hayabusa?

Ya know, after reading the comment about drifting I seriously wanted to call TROLL but from the comments of a few others this guy appears to be the real deal.

I wonder if he needs to be reminded to breath?
drooling3.gif

At least a few good things came out of this:
1: He didn't die.
2: Good chance he had the Darwinism knocked out of him.
3: He did NOT have full coverage!

I was doing over 70-80 mph.. Lol i pulled out of krispy kream[/QUOTE]

IMO it is very dangerous. I dont do 100 in a 25.[/QUOTE]

Ummm yeah...[/QUOTE]
no he is the real deal. Actually a nice guy...

I dont do 100 in a 25. Or top the bike out on every stright. Just the stunts i like. I dont know maybe its an attention grabber for people to say "wow that is cool".
At least you are man enough to admit you did a very dangerous thing. But I gotta admit, when stunts requiring high degree of difficulty is pulled off right, it DOES LOOK DAMN COOL..

I think the broad spectrum of members we have here is growing.......

a guy new to sportbikes, looping a busa..
a guy telling him hes a caliper,.....

whats next......................................
Well, if we keep the mouths in check (good job over-all..BTW), and we don't turn this into a long-term mud throwng contest, and we carry on like nothing happened...

The ranks may thin to the ones who have matured past the brink of puberty and inviciblility (Teens through 23 or so) in a fairly short timeframe.

cool.gif
okay..... I'm guilty as charged.

"but my beer goggles made it LOOK okay.........."

Sliders and some gear would have saved you some cash and pain, sounds like you've learned your lesson.The bike will wheelie, its just not the small bike you were used too, take some more time and get to know it. NJ.:)

Sportbike owners take bigger risk overall.  So quit bitching about your insurance and saying it's high because of someone else's risk cause if you owned a $17,000 H-D your insurance will more than likely be a 1/3 of what it is now.  You own the fastest production vehicle in the world, it should be high.  You could be the safest driver in the world and if you own a Lamborghini the insurance is still going to be high.  That's just how it is, so once again quit blaming others.
Sithor...I do in fact own a H-D, although it's a "bit" more than $17K, and believe it or not, the insurance for BOTH bikes is only $600 per YEAR.

Insurance companies charge higher premiums to insure the higher risk vehicles/property and higher risk drivers. They aren't doing this because they can (well...maybe), they are doing it because it is the only way to cover their losses when some stupid a$$ squid decides to total his bike and run up thousands in medical bills while trying to show off due to peer pressure or thinking it will "get him some".

When the squids grow up and actually learn how to ride, then THEIR premiums will go down too.

I hear what you are saying. Im just so use to knowing what im doing in a car. I have a 94- z28 with a few mods and i could drift that thing all day in any direction. I guess i just though i was good enough to do the same with the bike
...and that's the whole reason you crashed your bike and continued stunting...

You "THOUGHT" you were good enough.

A car and a bike are two totally different animals. Each has their own special characteristics that make them good for their intended purpose.

Take the time to LEARN how to ride before you keep doing stupid shid that will end up getting you or someone else killed. If you want to learn to stunt, then go find a deserted back road and have a ball. That way, when you crash, no-one will see, and you won't be risking anyone else's safety.

Sportbike owners take bigger risk overall.  So quit bitching about your insurance and saying it's high because of someone else's risk cause if you owned a $17,000 H-D your insurance will more than likely be a 1/3 of what it is now.  You own the fastest production vehicle in the world, it should be high.  You could be the safest driver in the world and if you own a Lamborghini the insurance is still going to be high.  That's just how it is, so once again quit blaming others.
Sithor...I do in fact own a H-D, although it's a "bit" more than $17K, and believe it or not, the insurance for BOTH bikes is only $600 per YEAR.

Insurance companies charge higher premiums to insure the higher risk vehicles/property and higher risk drivers.  They aren't doing this because they can (well...maybe), they are doing it because it is the only way to cover their losses when some stupid a$$ squid decides to total his bike and run up thousands in medical bills while trying to show off due to peer pressure or thinking it will "get him some".

When the squids grow up and actually learn how to ride, then THEIR premiums will go down too.
Well I was just going by figures given to me. I mean you're probably much older, I'm only 24. I was looking at a H-D Springer Softtail, and the insurance was way less expensive than the 'Busa with full coverage.

I mean that is almost what got me to buy one, however after riding my aunt's H-D I knew that I would get bored quick. So I opted to pay a higher insurance premium and enjoy my bike. All in all it comes out about even with either a lower bike payment and higher premium or a higher bike payment and lower premium.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would buy a big and heavy "Sports Tourer", like the busa for stunting?? Why not buy a light weight 600 or even a 1000 for such antics? How many of you young guys actually plan a nice, all day trip in the mountains, backpack with lunch and road map, etc. on your back? Try it sometime, you might really find out what this two wheeled passion is really all about.

almost sounds like your fulll of ####....... From the way u started off on odfu and how and thats all you have... A little scrape on your knee from a crash like that.. with no gear... Im suprised you have any skin left on your hands to beable to type
something doesnt sound right.......

For the life of me, I can't figure out why someone would buy a big and heavy "Sports Tourer", like the busa for stunting?? Why not buy a light weight 600 or even a 1000 for such antics? How many of you young guys actually plan a nice, all day trip in the mountains, backpack with lunch and road map, etc. on your back? Try it sometime, you might really find out what this two wheeled passion is really all about.
+1

+2

I myself enjoy the long trips through the hills with a backpack. I actually bought the Busa over many other sportbikes cause I thought it would serve two purposes. It would be a great touring bike but still have crotch rocket handling, unlike the FJR.

I have taken trips with my girl on the back with the Busa however it was not as nice as I hoped. That is why the cruiser is being shopped for right now. Anyways, the busa is an awesome bike for speed and long trips alone, however it's also damn fun to wheelie with. Doing just wheelies isn't really stunting. I mean if you're talking about high chairs, skitching, and stoppies, then a lighter bike is needed.

Back