HRHDi health update

Re: HRHDi health update - Updated

We got the next test scheduled. It's a week-long series that will start Monday the 5th. A shot in the butt Monday and Tuesday; tracer dose on Wednesday; wait on Thursday; and the whole body scan with blood work on Friday. I'm not sure how soon we'll get results back. Last time we did this, we knew where the cancer was and the scan was just verifying that there wasn't any more somewhere else.

Luckily, it shouldn't interfer with the MNG at Captain's. The tracer is a low dose of radioactive iodine, so bring on the "glowing" jokes...I expect some good ones since I'm giving you almost 10 days to think of something. :poke:

Hi Diana! I want you to know that I am thinking of you and wish the best. I hadn't commented earlier for fear of putting my foot in my mouth, but know my thoughts are with you.

That radioactive iodine stuff is weird. Last time I had my thyroid reuptake scan, the lab person brought this radioactive pill out in a lead vial. Mind you he was wearing a lead suit to protect himself. He then used lead tongs to tip the vial over and give me the "pill" to swallow. I was thinking to myself; "You want me to swallow what? You won't even touch it!!" :rofl: Just a little light humor.

I am amazed at how positive you are!!! Saying extra special prayers for a complete healing for you. Oh you wait, I am sure there will be some whoppers of glowing jokes. Just don't let Omar tell the superman joke! :laugh:

We got the next test scheduled. It's a week-long series that will start Monday the 5th. A shot in the butt Monday and Tuesday; tracer dose on Wednesday; wait on Thursday; and the whole body scan with blood work on Friday. I'm not sure how soon we'll get results back. Last time we did this, we knew where the cancer was and the scan was just verifying that there wasn't any more somewhere else.

Luckily, it shouldn't interfer with the MNG at Captain's. The tracer is a low dose of radioactive iodine, so bring on the "glowing" jokes...I expect some good ones since I'm giving you almost 10 days to think of something. :poke:

Your high spirits and sence of humor puts a smile on my face. You Guys know I'm here for ya and I'll be praying for you.

You know people are gonna think your vespa is a Kawasaki from the green glow:laugh:

I had to be he first:laugh:

You know people are gonna think your vespa is a Kawasaki from the green glow:laugh:

I had to be he first:laugh:

:rofl: Good one! Okay, everyone else, whatcha got?

if she goes on chemo, grab a green card. best thing to combat the naseua (tried to spell that seven damn times) and give some appetite back. cancer sort of runs in my fam, so i've done some research.

With all those people at Captains house he will need ot do what he can to save some money. WIth you glowing like that he can keep the lights off. Heck he might even try to keep you there to save electricity.:poke:
I am praying so hard for you AND Dan. I hope all goes well dear with all of the things going down. Love you guys like family,a nd I will do what ever I can to help

Wishing you both the best. Great attitudes will certainly help! Thoughts are with you!

Last time she had this, I created a ring tone from "Radioactive" by The Firm

With all those people at Captains house he will need ot do what he can to save some money. WIth you glowing like that he can keep the lights off. Heck he might even try to keep you there to save electricity.:poke:
I am praying so hard for you AND Dan. I hope all goes well dear with all of the things going down. Love you guys like family,a nd I will do what ever I can to help

Thank brother!

So, we're on day 2 of Glo Worm status. Scan is tomorrow morning then we're off to Captain's for the weekend.

So, we're on day 2 of Glo Worm status. Scan is tomorrow morning then we're off to Captain's for the weekend.
I am praying for you and Dan . I hope everything turns out OK. Good luck tomorrow and have a safe trip. Miss you guys. Tell Dan I said hello and he needs to call me, it has been a few days.

My doctor called last night to give me the results - the scan was negative. The blood work numbers were still higher than they should be but with the biopsies and now the scan, there really isn't anything else to do at this point. Basically, she/we suspect that there something there, but we can't "prove" it. So, now we wait and recheck in 6 months. She'll start with a sonogram again to try to see something, then depending on what those results are go through the same steps we've just completed.

She wasn't comfortable speculating, which I understand, but I got the feeling that what she's saw on the sonogram is just too small to show up on the scan and had to go through too much scar tissue to get a good biopsy. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, no surgery in the near future and no conclusive evidence that the cancer's back. On the other hand, she seemed so sure that we were going to find something.

So, we're going to get on with things and see her again in March/April.

I want to let everyone here know how much your support, thoughts, prayers and well-wishes have meant to Dan and me. You've been with us since the beginning of this entire palooza and knowing that we have such caring friends - many of whom we've never met in person - is truly awe-inspiring. You have our most heart-felt and humble thanks.

Di...you and Dan will always be in my thoughts. Thanks for the update.

Back