I need more prayer for my Aunt Carol

Thoughts and prayers go out to her, to you and to your family and friends.

Well... carol got a phone call today and was told not to bother coming in for her appointment on Thursday. The docs have the results of her mass and it is a very rare very aggressive type of bladder cancer that almost always starts in the intestines or colon. They have scheduled her for a colonoscopy and made her an appointment with a doc at a different hospital who specializes in that form of cancer.

It supposedly is almost always fatal very quickly but at the same time it has a fast death rate because it is almost always not caught until it is stage four...which is when you see symptoms. Carols was caught early because of the screenings from the kidney cancer so hopefully she will get some aggressive treatment and knock this thing out. Bladder cancer is bad news because it has a 50-80% reoccurrance rate... combine that with a rare form that spreads and grows at a rapid rate and your not let with much hope.

Sorry to hear this bad news mate but is there any chance she could have the bladder removed altogether and just use an extenal bag?
Not sure what they call them but i have seen them, hopefully she responds well to the next phase of treatment and its caught early enough.

Be strong for her, sounds like she really needs that at the moment..

Good luck mate.

Sorry to hear this bad news mate but is there any chance she could have the bladder removed altogether and just use an extenal bag?
Not sure what they call them but i have seen them, hopefully she responds well to the next phase of treatment and its caught early enough.

Be strong for her, sounds like she really needs that at the moment..

Good luck mate.

If it was just the bladder then yeah, take it out. The problem with that type of cancer is that the bladder is not the 1st place it shows up. For it to be there it has to be in her lympoh nodes and somewhere in her intestines. Once it's in the lymph nodes it starts to spread ither places. It is very nasty to treat cuz it spreads fast and into everything.

I'm so sorry to hear this news :down:

Nothing but positive thoughts for your Aunt Carol and her family :please:

Back