Cancer walk support for amy

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok everyone... that time of year that the cancer foundations are asking for help.. I know we have a few coming up in my area.

Cancer is something that runs in my family..

My great grandmother had throat and breast cancer

My grandmother had breast cancer

My Uncle died around the age of 55 from what the doctors think was lung cancer that had spread to his spine and everywhere else.. from the time they discovered until he passed away was about 3 months

My mom has been battling cancer off and on for the last few years.. breast cancer in both breasts, cancer in her lymph nodes.

Point is.. almost everyone knows someone who has been touched by cancer in one way or another.. this is something that is over-running our society.. and as a society we all need to chip in and do what we can..

Most of us are not researchers, most of us are not doctors.. so the best most of us can do is help to raise money to help cancer victims.. to help researchers try and find cures.. to help doctors help us…

Vinny's family has been personally touched by cancer. If he or Amy want to share who and other specifics they can.. but I don’t feel I should get any more personal than just to say the family has been touched by this..

It's a 60 mile walk over 3 days. They are walking November 10-12

She has committed herself to raising $2,200.00 Since she has made this commitment, if she cannot raise the amount she has committed to she will have to come up with the rest out of pocket!!!

So I would like to ask everyone to check out the web site and if you can help out..

Here is the link

http://www.the3day.org/SanDiego06/activeduty4uamy76

Thanks everybody for your time in reading this and your participation.

Ron

Ron -
Thx for putting this up. I'm in (it's done)
thumbs-up.gif

I have sent my donation...

Thanks again to all who have helped and will be helping...

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144724310 -->

i donate to cancer research each paycheck...the governement takes it out through the CFC...My wife lost her father to colon cancer when she was only 11 and it tears me up each day that he is not around to she his possibly only grandchild!!
sad.gif

Back