Lung cancer, an ugly disease.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
My mother just lost her husband to lung cancer, he was 52.

My grandmother lost her 2nd husband to lung cancer and her 3rd has it now.

Please dont smoke, this is a painful and very brutal disease , dont put your family thru this.

Thats all.

BV, I know what you mean.  My grandfather smoked from before age 10 to age 80-something.  He was lucky in the sense that he went pretty fast at the end.  Only really suffered for about three months before he finally died.  He was the toughest man I've ever known all throughout his life.

Last year, the BodyWorlds exhibit came to Los Angeles. (NOTE: Link is probably not suitable for work viewing.) Tangential comment here: If you get a chance to go to the BodyWorlds exhibit, please go. It's not gruesome in the least and it's highly educational, no matter who you are. Indeed, med schools should mandate a LOT of study time at this exhibit.

Anyhoo, what I started to say was that the BodyWorlds show gave VERY striking displays of what a pair of lungs looks like after years of smoking has taken it's toll. Also, it showed what happens to our arteries when we don't eat right or don't take care of medical needs when they first appear. Lung cancer, however, seems to be one of the things they didn't show explicitly. I don't know why but I suspect it's because it's too gruesome to display.

BV, my heart goes out to you for your losses. You've stirred up some memories of my grandfather now so I'm going to go ponder for a while.

--Wag--

Very sorry BV...very sad...
sad.gif
I hope your Mom can find some comfort...tough times ahead I know. My Mom lost her hubby last Spring to colon cancer...it's been very tough...
sad.gif

And sorry about your grandmother's husband as well...wow, what a tough deal all around...

Seems you don't have to smoke to get it either...look at poor Dana Reeves (Christopher Reeves wife)...

sad.gif

Yeah that was very sad about Dana Reeve, VA. ..what a tragic life
she had to endure. Horrible.

thanks guys.
The biggest victim here for sure is my 14yo sister that is now dadless.

Back