How to transport bike in pickup ?

GSXcite, it's hard for me to be in a pick up truck conversation when I see your flagship, luxurious, enclosed palace!           Raydog
Sorry.
shutup.gif
 I used to haul mine in the back of a pickup for years, then on a small 5'X10' open trailer. I always wanted a trailer that I could put all the gear in and be able to do repairs on someones busa that rode in for an event, that was far from home. I also wanted to be able to haul some of my pals bikes. When I started shopping for a trailer, I found the bigger ones were not that much more $$. I had a 6' X 12' picked out, but my wife (god love her) said, "you will not be happy with the small one, and you will just wan't a bigger one". Since she is always right  
laugh.gif
 I went for the bad boy!
ThumbsUp.gif
And it is a bad boy! Stepped inside during the Eureka Springs MnG last year and just wanted to stay. I can't afford anything like that, so I'd just get the 6' x 12'.

i gotta haul my bike down to the dragon in july, maybe i'll just rent a U-haul bike trailer. Anyone ever done that?

I have a nice open 3 rail I built for 3 dirt bikes OR just the Busa. My contractor budy has an enclosed wedge in front Wells Cargo with diamond plate. (5x8 I think). He said he'd almost give it to me when he upgrades so that'll be my upgrade! Anyways, GSXcite, yours is awesome. Raydog

P1000142.JPG

I've done it with the bike vertical, front suspension compressed, chock for front wheel(so fender doesn't contact the truck), 2 straps on the front and 2 straps for rear, though the rear is more of back-up system than needed.

The thing I hate about trucks is the loading and unloading.  Trucks are so high off the ground.  That's why I perfer trailers.
just find an elevated spot to back up to, like a loading dock.
or back into a shallow ditch, so the bed is as near flush with the top of the ditch as possible
the idea is to lessen the angle as much as possible
i've been doing it this way for about 15 years
tounge.gif

bowdown.gif
GSXcite has the prime model of what a trailor should look like!!!!!

bowdown.gif
We only hope to get ours close to that...I want the baxley's BAD !!!! but low on the $$$$$$, remember 2 busa's.....double's the expenses

bowdown.gif

one last thing.... Always have all your straps pulling the bike down and FORWARD. Things can get ugly if you have it setup with the front straps pulling forward and the rear straps pulling back..... wanna know why?
lurk.gif

if your front straps loosen or come undone the rear straps can pull the bike right off.
guns.gif

I personally hate hauling a trailer, hard to keep an eye on, another set of parts to fail, off tracking on turns, backing issues but with a 6 ft bed it is a must sometimes.

Picture053.jpg

Back