how i put my bike on stands by myself

I'm hoping SkyDivr makes a vid, cause even that forward facing one looked like WAY too much craziness going on. Putting the bike on a stand by yourself is a piece of cake. If by the time I get home tonight he hasn't posted a vid, I will.. You guys are making this way more difficult than it needs to be. :laugh:

Well for you bigger people its easier...im 5'5" and 135 lbs...so if it was to go at all i would just have to cry...lol...

Cant do the beer thing...i dont drink...:laugh::laugh:

This was just to get more info out to people on different ways to get your bike on the stands...thanks for all the feed back...and video...hopefully it will save someone from dropping thier bike:thumbsup:

I haven't thought about it bc it's too easy for me, but I'm twice your size. I have a front wheel choke mounted on plywood for transporting the bike in the truck. If I needed to I could lay it on the garage floor and drive the bike in, then put her up on the rear stand.

I think this might be making it more difficult than it is
Line up the rear with the stand.Lift the stand to ensure its all correct.Then push the stand down pretty forcefully.
Bike should lift up nice and easy
Same with front and even easier
Might be a confidence thing but I just hauled mine straight up on the rear stand when I got back.Im only 5'10 and 170lbs so its not a size strength thing
The guy I got mine from was 69 years old about 5'7" and 155lbs at the most.He put it up on both stands and down again with no difficulties
He did say though the Busa's needed heavy duty stands.I have a cheap universal type one and she wont be going on that!
Not sure if anyone else has views on that but it made sense to me and the guy knew his bikes(I bought the heavy duty stands off him)

I'm not gonna lie. The first few times were rough, but I just throw her up now. Like I said earlier; I still leave the side stand down :laugh:

I always keep the sidestand down for back up, just in case. Grab bar is good and don't forget on the Gen I there's an opening in the tail, clutch side that lets you grab the subframe.
Tip of the day for me hadn't noticed that
Thanks

Got it :cheerleader: Just put her up on the stands by myself. Used JGGUNS idea of the 2x4, pulled her back nice and easy from the hump :muscle:. Now to get it off by myself :hmmm:

My dog weights more then you:rofl::rofl:

Here is a idea, go to buffet, then gym. Repeat for 6 months, gain some weight and muscle.:laugh:

Can't help your a leprechaun :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Point taken. I almost never wear my heals in the garage... but I am 6'1" without them. :thumbsup:

"Almost" lol :laugh:

Tip: Use the stands where the wheels can roll. I almost pulled a bike off a stand when the wheels hit a piece of gravel, clean up first.

I guess its better to safe than taking a chance on droping your bike. I have had afew different rearstands and I think theres a big difference in them. Allways had a hard time with the adjustable ones that mounted under the arm...had to get the wife to help me:lol: I bought a woodkraft non adjustabe that uses rear spools on the arm. That thing is so easy to use I would guess anyone could put the bike up by themselves. I can also grab it by the handle an roll the bike around the shop with it on the rearstand!:thumbsup:

front-and-rear-motorcycle-stands_5774400.jpg

I got this and it seems to work better at leveraging the bike (gen1) up and leveling it. my friend has the OP's rear stand and a gen 2 and it was a little more difficult.

maybe the weight difference between the two bikes had a factor? naaah, I just tell myself I'm stronger than him. :laugh:

Well for you bigger people its easier...im 5'5" and 135 lbs...so if it was to go at all i would just have to cry...lol...

Cant do the beer thing...i dont drink...:laugh::laugh:

This was just to get more info out to people on different ways to get your bike on the stands...thanks for all the feed back...and video...hopefully it will save someone from dropping thier bike:thumbsup:
I am only 5'8 @160 so it's really not that bad

One of the problems for me is to stand the bike to get stand correct and lifted..my stand is a suzuki stand for the busa..so how do you ( depending on what stand you have ) get your bike to stand and get the stand pushed down...i would have to hold the bike and then push down stand with my foot...

Ive had the bike fall over and left small marks...not while trying to get on stand...and that was the worst feeling to see those scratches....so i will continue to be safe and take my time setting it up...

Ride safe....and with gas prices im so glad i have a bike...lol:laugh:

Not familiar , but I use a spool stand and once the spools are in the stand it should be stable and you should be able to step on the stand. In the end it's you and your bike and you need to do what you think is prudent bc no one wants a Busa side down.

No harm in a bit of extra caution for sure
Mine has the little spool bobbins fitted to the swinging arm.The forks in the stand go into them.I line it up with the bike on the side stand.Get the left hand side nearly touching(from behind).Left hand on the grab rail and push the bike closer to upright with the left hand.Right hand pushes the stand up.Can leave side stand out for peace of mind
To take off just slowly down and guide bike with left hand onto side stand
As I said before mine are heavy duty stands and I would be a lot more wary with some of the universal fit lightweight stands
I had a gsxr1100 a few years back and I worried with that that it was too heavy for the normal stand.It was an awkward and heavy bike to push around and I got an Abba stand for that .It fitted in to the swinging arm bolt hole and lifted direct from the sidestand.Taking away the worries of the few seconds when you support the bike one handed and from behind.
They retail for about £100 in the UK but if memory serves correct(10 years ago and a gixxer forum!!) a company in the States ( Redline ?)do an almost identical item.I got rid of the stand with the bike but it was a really good product

Last edited:
Back