Anyone ever use a rear stand to trailer

I use the Baxleys in my trailer with straps on the rear peg mounts pulling forward, down and out as recommended by Baxley. You couldn't budge one of the busas if you had to. No way would I want the rear end up on the stand. I can see no benifit to doing that if you have a chock and have good straps on the rear of the bike.

tlr3.jpg

I have towed thousands of miles with four busas in the trailer and not one mishap.

4 busas headed for bash in trailer.jpg

I have always trailered my bike on the rear stands. Front in chock, rear on stand & ratchet straps. Adds more stability in the rear to prevent any swaying that could loosen the straps. I have had my Wife's 600RR jump off the stand once when we hit a huge bump in the road. She was pissed, scratched her swingarm.

yep thats the sinerio I was afraid of. but straping down and out would probably prevent that, huh?

those pitbull trailer mounts seem to be the best thing whenever I get 280 bux.

For now I think I'll go back to just straps but put some more drings a little farther back than in this pic

2817430329_6ba984f2cb_b.jpg

There is a super buy on a Baxley in the classifieds. If my trailer wasn't already done it would be gone. I could use a little more room in the nose of the trailer.

r8

0043.jpg

yep thats the sinerio I was afraid of. but straping down and out would probably prevent that, huh?

those pitbull trailer mounts seem to be the best thing whenever I get 280 bux.

What I question with the Pitbull system is that if the front is not in a chock, wouldn't you still need to either strap down the front or lock the handlebars to the right cutting down on the space between two bikes side by side? If you did not do one of the two the front would be free to move around as you hit bumps and turn corners. That would not be acceptable to me. I have one Harbor Freight chock too that I haul the Honda with as it has a narrow front tire, and I have never had a problem with just straps in the rear. I guess having hauled bikes for over 30 years, I'm so impressed with the Baxley chock that I can't find fault with them with the exception of the cost. To spend $1000 on just chocks for the trailer took some long hard thought, but you know what, they are worth every penny. I would feel terriable if I opened up the trailer and saw my busa on it's side, or worse yet, open the trailer door to find one of my friends bikes down. The setup you have looks good with the exception of the straps you have. The type you just pull tight will not hold a heavy bike like the busa. You need a good set of ratchet straps.

Last edited:
I like to run the rear stand, it makes it easier to strap the front done evenly when I am by myself. think about it!

What I question with the Pitbull system is that if the front is not in a chock, wouldn't you still need to either strap down the front or lock the handlebars to the right cutting down on the space between two bikes side by side? If you did not do one of the two the front would be free to move around as you hit bumps and turn corners. That would not be acceptable to me. I have one Harbor Freight chock too that I haul the Honda with as it has a narrow front tire, and I have never had a problem with just straps in the rear. I guess having hauled bikes for over 30 years, I'm so impressed with the Baxley chock that I can't find fault with them with the exception of the cost. To spend $1000 on just chocks for the trailer took some long hard thought, but you know what, they are worth every penny. I would feel terriable if I opened up the trailer and saw my busa on it's side, or worse yet, open the trailer door to find one of my friends bikes down. The setup you have looks good with the exception of the straps you have. The type you just pull tight will not hold a heavy bike like the busa. You need a good set of ratchet straps.

yes I agree with those straps you see. I have a hvy duty set of ratchets but use these only when I'm going 10 min. down the road to the shop. I ALWAYS loop these around their self just in case they fail. By doing that IF they fail they only get TIGHTER. I see what your saying about the pitbull stands.

Try Baxley trailer chocks ... and a couple straps to keep the bike forward into the chock ... no fork compression and no sway ... cheers

Back