Anyone ever use a rear stand to trailer

We passed on the dually but we are lookin to get a yukon in a few months. gotta get room just in case there is another little Sam runnin around :whistle:

The best investment I have made lately is a Baxley Sport chock. I just roll into it and strap the rear in snug and go. :beerchug:

Not sure of what sway your talking about. They way i had the bikes strapped going to your house is the way i always strap them. I could roll the trailer and they arn't moving.

just got this mount, looks like Pittbull has the best.

TrlPopup.jpg

John, I only needed 30 seconds. The other 2.5 minutes was for the shower :laugh:

just got this mount, looks like Pittbull has the best.

YES. I love it. I've seen those and forgot all about em'. It looks like the bike gets to ride on it's own suspension too.:thumbsup: I'm gonna look into that. Hopefully not too expensive. Thanks.:beerchug:

actually "Ratchet straps" are not ratchet straps... cheap ones stretch and give pretty easily..

invest in good straps

hmmmm...don't know about using the rear stand for trailering. Lots of uncontrollable variables can happen. But one too many bumps in the road may cause the bike to come off the spools and the stand may end up holding the bike up by your exhaust and putting a nice dent in it. don't ask me how I know. ???

I dont mind just straps and a wheel chock but I like the bike not swaying and on straps it still sways some. It does ride smoother w/o the stand cause then the bike gets to use its own suspension too.

I use straps and a Baxley and haven't had any sway at all, whatsoever.

I have always trailered my bike on the rear stands. Front in chock, rear on stand & ratchet straps. Adds more stability in the rear to prevent any swaying that could loosen the straps. I have had my Wife's 600RR jump off the stand once when we hit a huge bump in the road. She was pissed, scratched her swingarm.

I do the same, trailer with race bike on rear PB stand and a HF front wheel chock

My R1 has very limited tie down points, especially in my enclosed trailer if I am hauling two bikes side-by-side.

So, bike goes up on rear stand (spools) and I run a strap over the bottom brace of the swingarm so it pulls straight down on the arm and keeps the bike in place on the stand. It's nice doin it this way too cause I only have on strap per bike, keeps things very spacious in the trailer while hauling 2 bikes at a time

I never liked the idea of putting force on the handlebars with tie downs ... just me.
I use a Baxley and have the billet front sliders, and drilled holes in the sides and run a piece of strong rope through them to act as front tie downs. Attach the rear straps to the rear peg mounts.

DSC00152.JPG

Back