Anyone ever use a rear stand to trailer

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
I have a hf wheel chock and was wondering why it wouldn't be safe to put the rear stand on it to trailer. I tried it for a short distance to see how it handled but didnt want to go far till I got some feed back on possible issues.

I put a strap on one side just to keep the bike from wanting to start shifting side to side over bumps and a strap on the other side to the stand to keep it still AND from possibly flipping up somehow.

Anyone ever do this or know why it's not a good idea. The reason I thought of it is cause it's so stable and doesn't rock side to side at all.

I have tried it both ways chris. I had my bike on a rear stand when we came to the spring bash, and then I did not use it on the way home. I didnt have any problems either way. I know other members do use it when trailering. I was just worried about all the weight combined with the stress of the tie downs....all being on those 2 little 8mm bolts. Scared me.

I have tried it both ways chris. I had my bike on a rear stand when we came to the spring bash, and then I did not use it on the way home. I didnt have any problems either way. I know other members do use it when trailering. I was just worried about all the weight combined with the stress of the tie downs....all being on those 2 little 8mm bolts. Scared me.

That would be my concern also. 8 mm bolts.

Why not get this kit?

Package Deals! - Motorcycle Pack

runeight approved. :thumbsup:

r8

I dont mind just straps and a wheel chock but I like the bike not swaying and on straps it still sways some. It does ride smoother w/o the stand cause then the bike gets to use its own suspension too.

Use these straps and it won't sway. :poke:

r8

ratchet straps are ratchet straps:laugh::poke:

OK.

r8

0032-2.jpg

I changed the tie down locations to be forward and not to the rear as in the picture. This was at the Dealer in Vegas thus the extra strap at the front wheel.

Mac Tie downs offer great towing products. Thanks for that link Professor!

r8

Must be nice John. Jenny keeps making me go to work. So I can pay for her new sheep herder :whistle::laugh:

Back