How loud is too loud? It sounds so good though.

Back view

Halloween_2006_067.jpg

Put my bike on the dyno with cut mid pipes and it lost 17 hp. 167 hp with Yoshi slip ons and 149 with cut mid pipes. I love loud but cannot live with that kind of power loss.

Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Exhaust Stubs Shorty Sick Loud Igot $56.00 for all 4 on ebay? Maybe i'll make some more!
wow.gif

(dadofthree @ Dec. 24 2006,20:29) Did I detect some popping? Any backfire ? I've always heard about needing back pressure or you would hurt the engine, but several guys on this site have stated many, many thousands of miles without trouble. A dyno would be good to see the effects. A combustion engine is like a compressor; if you eliminate restrictions in the exhaust it should run better, however without eliminating restrictions in the intake in combination should lessen the effect. I'm no motorman, so maybe one will read this thread and straighten me out. I've also read and heard that slipons don't help much and that most of the restriction in the Busa comes from the exhaust manifold or header, so removing the cans wouldn't seem to make a big difference except in the sound levels.
Was going to cut my midpipes until I talked with a good friend who is a MC mechanic. Now Im not so sure. He says that when you loose all of your back pressure it does two things. One, it will screw up your HP. On the dyno, the reading wont be a smooth arch, it will be up and down like a heart monitor. Two, it will burn up your valves. Maybe not in 1k miles, maybe not in 20k miles but it will eventually burn them up. Needless to say, Im not gonna cut.
wink.gif

(Black Bird Killer @ Jan. 01 2007,21:34)
(dadofthree @ Dec. 24 2006,20
super.gif
) Did I detect some popping? Any backfire ? I've always heard about needing back pressure or you would hurt the engine, but several guys on this site have stated many, many thousands of miles without trouble. A dyno would be good to see the effects. A combustion engine is like a compressor; if you eliminate restrictions in the exhaust it should run better, however without eliminating restrictions in the intake in combination should lessen the effect. I'm no motorman, so maybe one will read this thread and straighten me out. I've also read and heard that slipons don't help much and that most of the restriction in the Busa comes from the exhaust manifold or header, so removing the cans wouldn't seem to make a big difference except in the sound levels.
Was going to cut my midpipes until I talked with a good friend who is a  MC mechanic.  Now Im not so sure.  He says that when you loose all of your back pressure it does two things.  One, it will screw up your HP.  On the dyno, the reading wont be a smooth arch, it will be up and down like a heart monitor.  Two, it will burn up your valves.  Maybe not in 1k miles, maybe not in 20k miles but it will eventually burn them up.  Needless to say, Im not gonna cut.
wink.gif
Yep running too lean will burn stuff up 4 sure! With this disc in place you have back pressure enough! It ran very good which was a surprise to me! The FI system does wonders. After running around the block and down the road with these, my MPG went down to 38 from 45! It has taken about 2 tanks now to get it back to 42 mpg! So the map changes in a hurry looks and resets itself a little at a time. Continues loop system I think they call it? Or am I wrong?
argue.gif
beerchug.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Jan. 02 2007,07:06)
(Black Bird Killer @ Jan. 01 2007,21:34)
(dadofthree @ Dec. 24 2006,20
super.gif
) Did I detect some popping? Any backfire ? I've always heard about needing back pressure or you would hurt the engine, but several guys on this site have stated many, many thousands of miles without trouble. A dyno would be good to see the effects. A combustion engine is like a compressor; if you eliminate restrictions in the exhaust it should run better, however without eliminating restrictions in the intake in combination should lessen the effect. I'm no motorman, so maybe one will read this thread and straighten me out. I've also read and heard that slipons don't help much and that most of the restriction in the Busa comes from the exhaust manifold or header, so removing the cans wouldn't seem to make a big difference except in the sound levels.
Was going to cut my midpipes until I talked with a good friend who is a  MC mechanic.  Now Im not so sure.  He says that when you loose all of your back pressure it does two things.  One, it will screw up your HP.  On the dyno, the reading wont be a smooth arch, it will be up and down like a heart monitor.  Two, it will burn up your valves.  Maybe not in 1k miles, maybe not in 20k miles but it will eventually burn them up.  Needless to say, Im not gonna cut.
wink.gif
Yep running too lean will burn stuff up 4 sure! With this disc in place you have back pressure enough! It ran very good which was a surprise to me! The FI system  does wonders. After running around the block and down the road with these, my MPG went down to 38 from 45! It has taken about 2 tanks now to get it back to 42 mpg! So the map changes in a hurry looks and resets itself a little at a time. Continues loop system I think they call it? Or am I wrong?
argue.gif

beerchug.gif
Resetting your trip odmeter will give you a close to accurate MPG, faster than going through two tanks of gas.
wink.gif

wink.gif

I'm going to make another set and do some more testing with the Po'mans baffle system! I bet it actually had too much back pressure! My intruder which was the first time i used it needed to be almost parallel to run its best! And that was with the uncorked mod! That 1400 ate every H.D. but one and would out pull a Goldwing until 85 mph. AOL.com Images Not Available

Resetting your trip odmeter will give you a close to  accurate MPG,  faster than going through two tanks of gas.  
super.gif
Rhythm What i did was reset #2 trip and it came up to the 42 while the #1 which i leave run until it gets to the 999 and resets alone. It has come down to 42.4 The two tanks of gas was kinda a subliminal dig
poke.gif
cause i know there must be a BUSA BASH full of folks that wish they could get out to get 20mpg!!
bluegrab.gif

all_coholic.gif

My bad Ace, you just wouldn't believe how many owners don't know about resetting the odometer remedy.

Hey yawl. Just got thru with another set with less back pressure! Sounds a bunch deeper but not as sporty. Let me C if? Got to get a service other than AOL for sound i guess! Any suggestions ?

AOL.com Images Not Available

Bought the BOZ full system a couple weeks ago.Love the sound sounds better than anything around here but they are just to loud.Putting the factory system back on in a few days talk about going from one extreme to another lol.The boz is great, lost at least 20lbs and gained about 8hp & 7 ft lbs but just to loud for me.Figure the boz will make a nice helmet rack in the garage lol.

(carolinadoublej @ Dec. 24 2006,19:46)
(georgiabusa_05 @ Dec. 24 2006,21:35) I have been wanting to take the cans off of mine to see what it sounds like, think I will while I am off. Nice looking wheels.
I'm actually looking for a tip of some kind to hook up to my muzzy header to replace the can when I get bored. Any ideas?
What is the O.D of the collector. I got some stuff layin around.  
super.gif

(Strait Line @ Jan. 03 2007,12:52) Bought the BOZ full system a couple weeks ago.Love the sound sounds better than anything around here but they are just to loud.Putting the factory system back on in a few days talk about going from one extreme to another lol.The boz is great, lost at least 20lbs and gained about 8hp & 7 ft lbs but just to loud for me.Figure the boz will make a nice helmet rack in the garage lol.
Hey i got a guy lookin at a set of these stubs that is looking for a set of Boz! Just a thought! I could hook ya up with him? Or not.  
beerchug.gif
Also what else have you done as far as fuel? any other probs other than too loud?

(8Daytona8 @ Jan. 05 2007,20:42)
(Strait Line @ Jan. 03 2007,12:52) Bought the BOZ full system a couple weeks ago.Love the sound sounds better than anything around here but they are just to loud.Putting the factory system back on in a few days talk about going from one extreme to another lol.The boz is great, lost at least 20lbs and gained about 8hp & 7 ft lbs but just to loud for me.Figure the boz will make a nice helmet rack in the garage lol.
Hey i got a guy lookin at a set of these stubs that is looking for a set of Boz! Just a thought! I could hook ya up with him? Or not.  
poke.gif
Also what else have you done as far as fuel? any other probs other than too loud?
only other thing done was bmc air filter and pc3.
beerchug.gif

Back