So, this sucks. Check it out...

That stinks! My 08 had a clutch problem. I have some extra bolts for the 08 clutch now but the bolts are longer in the 08's. I ordered mine and he accidently ordered for an 07, they were short. Had to reorder and finally got tired of waiting and went to Atlas Bolt here in town. They had everything I needed. I do have the extra's, if you can use them I will send them ASAP.

Those nuts are self locking. How the hell did it come loose?
someone was probably in there at one time.. I was going through some literature and those nuts as well as the the ones on the engine mounts were noted to be a "single" use item.. (to be replaced if removed) I am pretty sure guys re-use these all the time however.. I was really surprised about the engine mount nuts..

someone was probably in there at one time.. I was going through some literature and those nuts as well as the the ones on the engine mounts were noted to be a "single" use item.. (to be replaced if removed) I am pretty sure guys re-use these all the time however.. I was really surprised about the engine mount nuts..

Good info. I'm sitting here saying WTF, there's a thread about this every week.

I'd drop the oilpan and check stuff out. There's probably lot's of stuff stuck to the magnet in the pan.

So sad! It looks like its bleeding in the last pic! :( Hope ya get it fixed soon!

Last edited:
i would do also what most are saying, but also buy some cheap oil, maybe a thicker cheap oil and leave tha pan off and run it through just letting the oil drain out, kinda like flush for the motor...then i think you will be all good..

Man that really sux a good friend of mine just had this very exact same thing happen to his 04 LE Busa

its still saveable*, perfect time to go for the clear clutch cover.
and u cut that put of the fairing out, u'll have a good view of it from now on

BOAZ.jpg

Dam that looks nice I have lighted cover thanks to PusherCg but still don't have the gonads to cut it. Even put a nice flush mounted toggle for the cover. shame you can't see the dam cover... sorry for the thread jack

Back