06 busa NO muffler - problems??

NYbusaBOY

Registered
ok so i know that this topic has been gone over and over ....and over, but i cant find a 100% answer one way-or the other. i DO NOT have a power commander, and as i know i probably should go get one, i dont have the $200 for it, so my question is, if i take my Two Brothers slip-ons off, and modify the tip of the midpipe to make it look nice (simply cutting off the muffler mounting bracking, and cutting the pipe at a nice angle), will this hurt my engine, or cause any damage? i understand i will lose back-pressure when i eliminate the muffler, losing hp and making it sound alittle choppy, possibly back-firing, and i run the risk of possibly leaning it alittle, BUT all that considered can i safely run with just midpipes and have no PC? i do not want to eliminate the midpipe by purchasing a "shorty" because the midpipe is baffled, and with that gone, im almost certain ill ruin the engine.... i appreciate any suggestions, but to let u know before hand, i cant run out and buy a $100 shorty set, or a $200 PC, and im not interested in running it stock or leaving my Two Brothers on, i want the noise, i want to be loud, i want to be heard... even if it attracts some unwanted attention by the police so can i run my busa safely with just midpipes, and not run the risk of causing damage to the engine? im the only hayabusa in my area, and im tired of being drowned out by the 600 and 750 gsxrs i ride with... im BIGGER i should sound LOUDER lol, i dont have a problem leaving them in the dust, but when we are going to friends houses from a few miles away, im never heard... im the silent one and cant stand it

Last edited:
It sounds like crap with just cut midpipes, but you won't hurt the engine.
Posted via Mobile Device

and prolly not good to call the cops pigs on here, this is a little more mature group of riders just saying, if your going to stick around, there is a lot of info here, and a good group of people

Oh and :welcome:

nothing personal to anyone on here who may be an officer, but in our neck of the woods, we have very few 'good' cops. we so much as rev in a few surrounding towns and they turn on there lights... few too many bad riders where im from that ruined it for the rest of us.... and i dont mean by having a loud exhaust, i mean wheelies through towns at 65mph in 30mph zones. that sort of thing. BUT the harley's who drive drunk and have straight pipes and neons get no attention by the authorities, they actually get a nice "wave" hello... ive rode for 3 years responsibly and gotten nothing but harrasment by our townies and state boys, so if i refer to a cop as a pig... its just personal experience from locals, nothing against the other cops of the world... and just because im a polite guy and this isnt my forum, i edited the thread. so now that the problem has been fixed... anyone interested in answering the original question in the thread? :p

however a reply to my question would be wonderful and BA BUSA do you have any suggestions that arent very costly? im open minded ;)

Remove the fiberglass from the inside of your mufflers. you can also shorten your mufflers. I run a Yosh system and after removing the fiberglass and cutting 8 inches off my muffler it sounds great at idle but when I twist my wrist it screams.

this is my modified Yosh

IMAG0352.jpg

however a reply to my question would be wonderful and BA BUSA do you have any suggestions that arent very costly? im open minded ;)

Take the cans off and ride the bike...if you don't mind
the sound...go ahead and cut down the midpipes.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't install mufflers or mid pipes on my bike. I got some chrome looking tips from advanced auto parts. It is loud and doesn't bother me one bit. Everyone loves the sound and always get compliments and yes I ride my bike everyday. As far as losing HP you won't notice it, it's not like you are going to compete at the Texas mile or something like that. It back fires quite a bit but the pair mod can fix that. It just depends, some people like quite bikes and some people like it loud. I have the same tips Wallie has :thumbsup:

EdCop alert?
First post and he's insulting leos?

NyBusaBoy how about some pics of your bike with the Two Brothers on it?

Cut him some slack, he editied his post. He's just got to earn the :rulez:. I would try cutting down the pipe like cueball did. They look and sound much better IMO than cutting the mid pipe.

Wow... as i stated earlier, i corrected the inappropriate referral i made to LEO's, and apologized. can we please move on to the main subject of the post? and YES you will get some pics, its a custom candy coat paint job.

EdCop alert?
First post and he's insulting leos?

NyBusaBoy how about some pics of your bike with the Two Brothers on it?

19.jpg

22.jpg

yes i did edit it, because yes i am new, and we all have our own prejudice of certain groups or people no matter how mature or immature we may be, mine happen to be of police officers, so thank you lil charlie for being the only one who noticed the edit :thumbsup:

Cut him some slack, he editied his post. He's just got to earn the :rulez:. I would try cutting down the pipe like cueball did. They look and sound much better IMO than cutting the mid pipe.

so i know everyone read my thread, and i dont mean to sound like a broken record... because im sure i said "PC" a few times, but you guys are all running your bikes with no power commander? whether it be cueball with the hollowed out yoshi, or wallie and nabusa who completely removed midpipe and replaced it with chrome/stainless tips? my bike is my baby, (and im still making payments on it) so im just concerned, like a father about his kid lol.

its just a matter of personal opinion, we all have different views, you may like the quiet ride on your hayabusa, while others may like a sharp high pitched exhaust, and others may like a deep low pitch, im the type that loves the roar of a earsplitting exhaust with no muffler, so when my friend and i ride together, she cant even hear her harley... its the rider. some like, some dont, as long as the rider is happy with his bike, nothing matters, as im sure you'd agree ;)

it's way too loud without any muffler.

I have an 08 Gen II, which by the way has a cat built into the header, and I run my bike without the mufflers. I have no PC or TRE or ECU edits done, the motor is completely stock. I removed my mufflers at the mid pipe and attached some custom tips I had made at a local auto shop cuz I couldn’t find any at Auto Zone I liked. The only mod I did to keep the bike for back firing was the pair valve block off. Your bike doesn’t have the built in cat so you don’t have the back pressure I do. Now, all of that said, I did that because I was too cheap to buy a full system. Your bike already has one so I would shorten the pipes 1st. It won’t cost anything and if you like the way it sounds It’s healthier for your bike than open headers. You won’t loose the back pressure or worry about being too lien.

FYI,
Just so you know some of the unspoken rules we have.
We are not your typical sports riding group, we are (well most of us) a tad older and more mature. You can expect people to bash and flame you when you post anything negative about cops, show pics of you riding without gear, of drop too much bad language, ect. This is a family site. Stick around, there is lots to be learned about your bike. We have fantastic member here who will help you with just about anything.

Back