I now know how low "too" low is :(

Thank you gentlemen :) I think I have someone local to me who may have one for sale for cheap. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again - you guys are great :beerchug:

Jonny

Wow. That looks like it may be a lil to low. If it has the risers between the top tree and the handle bar clamp you will need to loosen (very slowly) the bolts on the fork clamps and push the fork tubes down through the triple trees like they were stock. Just dont take al tje bolts out cause the front end wil slam down.Most likely have to put a jack underneath it to be able to push the forks back down. Search for a thread on lowering the front and there are prolly some pics also. Post some pics of what you got and we will know exactly what your dealing with.

sent from G2 via tapatalk.

wow... yeah you could get the stock headers for cheap... though now is the perfect time to upgrade to a full system... brocks ftw!

and replacing them is a breeze. You dont need any stands. I am not terribly good with a wrench, but I just put on my alienhead a week ago... Flushed the radiator, put on alienhead, isntalled PC3 and loaded correct map... about 7 lazy hours with a few breaks. That is probably a real slow time. I did all of this with the bike on the kickstand.

Here are some pics guys

0ee15c48.jpg

01fd1573.jpg

b79580bc.jpg

acceca27.jpg

Jonny

my .02, if i were going to change out the header for replacement bc of the hole/gash torn into it, i would definitely be going full system. If you're ever thinking about going with a full system, now would be the perfect time, and i would only want to do the header install once. Not very difficult, but pretty time consuming. If you're planning on just sticking with the stock system/slip ons, then by all means just swap out the headers. If yours was a gen2 i would send the stock pipes free tomorrow, mine are just sitting in my basement as a decoration in the corner behind the pool table, along with the stock air filter and bazooka's:laugh:

Thank you gentlemen for all of your advice and kind offers. I found a local guy who is giving me an awesome deal on a Ti-Force full titanium system. I am going to see it today and then will make the decision.

OK, so can anyone tell me based on the picture I posted how I can raise the front?

Thanks again,
Jonny

Jonny,

Ok, the lowering block in your tree needs to come out bro. I marked your lowering block with yellow Xs. That's gotta come out bro.

b79580bc[1].jpg

Well we're back in business courtesy of Mr. Ti-Force :laugh:

5bc7694d.jpg

71fda01c.jpg

Thank you everyone for all of your help, it was greatly appreciated. And thank you for your kind offers. :bowdown:

Now to switch out the Ti-Force muffler for a Yosh one :thumbsup:

Jonny

There are places that can get the dents out but using compressed air.They do it for like dented FMF pipes on dirtbikes.It can be fixed but now is the time to upgrade.

There are places that can get the dents out but using compressed air.They do it for like dented FMF pipes on dirtbikes.It can be fixed but now is the time to upgrade.

Something tells me you didn't read the whole thread :moon:

Put a turbo on it, and run a low profile pan and slam ghat b*tch!

Don't need no stinkin exhaust!:rofl:

LOL! This thing is fast enough as is - with a turbo I'd be :please: to stay alive!

Jonny

Back