Had mediation yesterday for the divorce

1.better get yourself educated on this matter.

2.BTW. Consider yourself lucky that you didn`t paid twice Busa cost with lovely $99 a month deal.

3.They can give you 3 grand for your Walmart bicycle and raise the price of the Busa.. And you will get it... Hundreds of ways to get what you want without braking the law..[/QUOTE]

answer 1.JFYI, I am educated. I own my own business on the side fixing credit.

answer 2.The idea was to get somthing with a low payment and send in three times that to pay it off quicker. That way I am not obligated to a 300 a month payment.  
wink.gif

answer 3. This would be just idiotic to do cause then you are not getting anything for your trade realistically. They are screwing you ! Now if you were to do a buy back then you would at least save money on taxes.

Perhaps you should get more educated on the matter before giving out bad advice.

JFYI, I was an auto salesman during college.[/QUOTE]
Ohh. really...

Lesson one....
you bring something cost zero dollars and they give you 3 thousand dollars for it....
Then they sell you Busa for whatever you negotiated plus 3 thousand dollars.
Qestion: how much money Busa cost...
Answer: whatever you negotiated
Lesson two:
taxes paid only for difference.

Got it!

I assume you business suck because you can not afford paying for the motorcycle, not even downpayment.

I`m educated alright.... don`t worry about me....

After all I have the busa paid in cash and you don`t..
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
This should be a bash session. "After all I have the busa paid in cash and you don`t" this sounds like something I would have said in 3rd grad. Who the HELL cares???

Yea all my boys are telling me to lock up the engine before I give it back, but I dont think I could bring myself to do that
sad.gif

Wash your hands of the deal, move on.

Don't ask for advice if you're not willing to follow it...

It just wastes everyones time.

Yea all my boys are telling me to lock up the engine before I give it back, but I dont think I could bring myself to do that
sad.gif
I wouldn't go that far.

I would just take things off that you had fixed BUT YOU CAN PUT BACK IF NEED BE. If you damage it, you may be liable for it until she takes posession of it.

Let her take it .
With a little resolve you can figure out the rest.
You can buy a new 06 for 9800 OTD from my dealer here in Vt.
Pay tax and licence in your own state.
Worst comes to worst , they could finance the whole deal at 17.9 % and you ride away on a signature.
That would work out to about 250-260 a month for 60 months.
I would do that in a heartbeat but they have got to check for credit somehow
sad.gif
As said by others (to which I agree..) let her have the motorcycle and everything that came with it! Walk away from this upside down mess and start a new. Think of it this way, you have about 14 months to get your credit straightened out while you wait for the 07 Busa to arrive! So, chalk this up as a lesson in life. I promise you there will be many opportunities to own new motorcylcles and automobiles in your lifetime; But, the opportunity to make the right choice when it really counts will be far and few between... This my friend is hopefully the worst of the lot. Pick your chin up and walk away. Two or even three years from now you'll look back and smile........

As said by others (to which I agree..) let her have the motorcycle and everything that came with it! Walk away from this upside down mess and start a new. Think of it this way, you have about 14 months to get your credit straightened out while you wait for the 07 Busa to arrive! So, chalk this up as a lesson in life. I promise you there will be many opportunities to own new motorcylcles and automobiles in your lifetime; But, the opportunity to make the right choice when it really counts will be far and few between... This my friend is hopefully the worst of the lot. Pick your chin up and walk away. Two or even three years from now you'll look back and smile........ [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Bump, I agree

Wash your hands of the deal, move on.

Don't ask for advice if you're not willing to follow it...

It just wastes everyones time.
"I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions as to who in the hell would give me a loan with my situation? any helpfull suggestions are greatly appreciated"

that was my first post, and i am following the advice given for what I asked, so dont tell me about wasting time and ####. move on to the next post if your gonna be a ####

That is why most people (including myself) are telling you to let her have it.  It will be harder for you to get a loan on a USED bike than if it was new.  They consider a motorcycle a recreational vehicle and not a NEED like a car.  Plus, ON A USED vehicle they go by "bank" loan value.  Wth a bike, they usually go by the BOOK VALUE which isn't good since you have a 2004.

Therefore, you are going to have a tough time doing it because......they normally won't finance 100% of the value on a USED bike.  Generally they will only give you 80% of what the book value is on used or if it was NEW, the asking price.

So.....you are going to probably have to come up with 20% OUT OF POCKET as a down payment to get the loan (NOT COUNTING WHAT YOU OWE ON TOP OF THE BOOK VALUE).  See why we are telling you to walk on this bike....
blush.gif

With a NEW bike you can ask for more than MSRP so it will be easier for you to drive away without any money out of pocket (AND A NEW BIKE).  You buy a new bike for $10k OTD and tell the bank you need $12,500.  That way 80% of what you need is $10k.  Got it!?!?!
wink.gif

We aren't trying to change your mind.  We only want you to realize what it will take to get what your asking.  When you look at all the info together, it only makes sense to GIVE HER THE BIKE YOU HAVE.  It will be MUCH cheaper in the end.
sad.gif

Understand now??
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137211503 -->

Let me break down the #'s for you.

$9,700 (what she owes)
$8,565 (KBB book value)

$6,852 (what the bank will loan you, 80% of the BOOK value)
$1,713 (20% of book value) What you need to come up with.
+$1,135 (what you owe above book value) You also need that on top of the 20% down.

So......you will have to come up with.

$2,848 just to get the loan put in your name.  Can you handle that on top of the loan and payments right now?

Is it a little clearer for you?
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137212052 -->

Give over the upside down nightmare.  Forget about that bad female and go test ride a few new "good" ones.  The bike will come in time, anticipation will make you appreciate busa even more.

<!--EDIT|Lamb busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137212209 -->

Let me break down the #'s for you.

$9,700 (what she owes)
$8,565 (KBB book value)

$6,852 (what the bank will loan you, 80% of the BOOK value)
$1,713 (20% of book value) What you need to come up with.
+$1,135 (what you owe above book value) You also need that on top of the 20% down.

So......you will have to come up with.

$2,848 just to get the loan put in your name.  Can you handle that on top of the loan and payments right now?

Is it a little clearer for you?
blush.gif
lol Thanks for breaking it down. I did fully understand i assure you, but......... actually seeing the numbers did make it sink in
smile.gif
This has been such a tough year i just want to put it behind me. A lot of people are telling me f the busa get a decent car. The busa has always been my primary transportation. (i have an 88 Pulsar) i would much rather ride the nicest sports bike out there than a POS bike and a nice car. I am going to deliver it to her this week and get ready to try and find a new one that some stealer will finance me for

Ok, now that you've made a decision to give the bike back (the right choice given the circumstances, although probably a very painful one!) its time to start planning on getting the early release 07 Busa! Lets face it you've had a rough last couple of months so why not reward yourself with the best of the best
smile.gif

I'd imagine that given the amount of money you owed on the last bike your payments were or should have been close to $200 a month (roughly $20 on every $1000 owed). Lets take "Whatever" your payments were and start setting that money back. IF your like most folks you might have to set up a bank account that automatically takes that money and puts it away where you can't get to it. Pick a date about a year from now and start saving! If your payments were less than the above formula then you might have to step things up to as close to the $200 mark as you can get... Based on what you've told us about your credit you might need a little extra to be considered for a loan! The more money you bring to the table the more likely you'll get approved for your loan. One last thing! From this day forward you should try and be aware of your monthly obligations and keep an eye on all things purchased. Do this for yourself and your future! Ask yourself if your purchase is a "Want" or a "Need"? Finally, only use credit as a last resort! If you follow these few simple rules your credit score will be back up and running in no time.....
I wish you luck it will be a long road but one you can make. Please don't stop hanging out at the Org! Will help keep you focused on that new ride and you can tell us all about it when you saddle up for the first time.

Ok, now that you've made a decision to give the bike back (the right choice given the circumstances, although probably a very painful one!) its time to start planning on getting the early release 07 Busa! Lets face it you've had a rough last couple of months so why not reward yourself with the best of the best

I'd imagine that given the amount of money you owed on the last bike your payments were or should have been close to $200 a month (roughly $20 on every $1000 owed). Lets take "Whatever" your payments were and start setting that money back. IF your like most folks you might have to set up a bank account that automatically takes that money and puts it away where you can't get to it. Pick a date about a year from now and start saving! If your payments were less than the above formula then you might have to step things up to as close to the $200 mark as you can get... Based on what you've told us about your credit you might need a little extra to be considered for a loan! The more money you bring to the table the more likely you'll get approved for your loan. One last thing! From this day forward you should try and be aware of your monthly obligations and keep an eye on all things purchased. Do this for yourself and your future! Ask yourself if your purchase is a "Want" or a "Need"? Finally, only use credit as a last resort! If you follow these few simple rules your credit score will be back up and running in no time.....
I wish you luck it will be a long road but one you can make. Please don't stop hanging out at the Org! Will help keep you focused on that new ride and you can tell us all about it when you saddle up for the first time. [/QUOTE]

+1

Can you not press charges on her re: the bike damage? That could be why she settled so quickly and easily. She may be scared of that possibility.
Like most people I've been through some pretty crappy times in my life and I feel for you. I'm guessing you want to have something like your bike so you can just escape, ride and forget about stuff. If thats the case buy something cheap and ride it until your life is back in shape. I'd say don't drown yourself in debt now to keep the Busa. You don't want to be flat broke when your 'in the market' again.
I've also got to say that I'm impressed with you taking the high road and not torching her clothes or putting draino in her douche. It's fun to vent and come up with revenge fantasies but in reality there would be hell to pay. The toughest thing for many to do is just to walk away and get on with living. You can leave knowing you did your best and that you were in the right.

<!--EDIT|turbojonn
Reason for Edit: "because"|1137256793 -->

thats only true in some states.. it varies..

the lovely state of virginia taxes on the price of the vehicle..

say 36,000 for the vehicle.. 23,000 for you trade... diff. of 13,000.. you pay $1,080 in taxes to the man..

3% of the top price.

if you are smart (in virginia) you'll negotiate a difference that you can live with. and then tell them to drop the prices on the vehicle your buying AND (this is important) your trade in... you won't be getting shown as much for it.. but you weren't really getting that much for it anyway..

so say... 5,000 worth of markup..

31,000 would be the top price... 18,000 for yours... still a 13k difference... only thing that changed is how much tax you pay...

$930 vs. $1,080... ego just saved you $150 bucks.

now gimme a tip!

thats only true in some states.. it varies..

the lovely state of virginia taxes on the price of the vehicle..

say 36,000 for the vehicle..  23,000 for you trade...  diff. of 13,000.. you pay $1,080 in taxes to the man..

3% of the top price.

if you are smart (in virginia) you'll negotiate a difference that you can live with. and then tell them to drop the prices on the vehicle your buying AND (this is important) your trade in...   you won't be getting shown as much for it.. but you weren't really getting that much for it anyway..

so say... 5,000 worth of markup..

31,000 would be the top price... 18,000 for yours... still a 13k difference...  only thing that changed is how much tax you pay...

$930 vs. $1,080... ego just saved you $150 bucks.

now gimme a tip!
WOW... Thanks man !
smile.gif

I`l buy you a dinner next time you visiting colorado, how `bout that?
smile.gif

smile.gif

Back