I sold my bike yesterday

warbrown

Bald and Busafied
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I finally did it. I'd been feeling pangs of guilt lately that I hadn't been giving her the attention she deserved. She has endured the neglect in stoic silence, so my conscience finally motivated me to set her free to find another who will love her in the way she deserves. Ever since the Busa came into my life nearly 2 years ago, my poor Z-Rex has been patiently calling my name in the hopes for an occasional ride. Those rides had become almost non-existant, as any time I've been able to get free for a ride I'm choosing the flame that burns brightest in my heart... My beloved '03 anniversary edition.

I'm glad bikes don't have feelings because she'd sure think I was a scumbag for the way I unceremoniously dumped her for "the other woman." I used to care for her, bring her home new mods for no reason, whisper sweet nothings into those K&N pod filters as I shined her after a ride, but how quickly things changed. We would go for cool, crisp rides early in the morning, or sweat together in the heat of the afternoon. We even went on a relaxing sunset ride on the beach at Daytona once. I thought nothing could destroy what we had. I thought that until my first ride on a Hayabusa.

I'll miss her, and I'll always have the great memories, but don't expect her parking space to stay vacant for long. I've never been able to commit to just one woman... as far as bikes are concerned anyway.
smile.gif

Here's to the memories...
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|warbrown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123334651 -->

zrx.jpg

That's funny, I have a 01 ZRX and have just bought a 03 le. I plan to keep the ZRX though, as it was the first new vehicle I ever had. I just love the looks of the ZRX compared to the fizzy and bandit. Lime green of course!

You know you want a K5.  
cool.gif
I have been seriously considering it.  Also considering the 600 GSXR or Ninja.  So many bikes, so little time.. and money
smile.gif
 I may have to take up Sageronin on his offer and take his wife's GSXR 600 for a spin.  Those look like a blast.
Go Kawi... You know you want to. Just walk toward the light!!!
biggrin.gif
I very well may just walk toward that light... I love the looks of your 636. Decisions decisions...

Wow, I got bit too! Guess you need to change your sig now, huh?

HA! I thought you sold the Busa, thinking Why? I didn't see any posts leading up to this...Good one. Good someone will use her if you don't right?

Well, I finally did it.  I'd been feeling pangs of guilt lately that I hadn't been giving her the attention she deserved.  She has endured the neglect in stoic silence, so my conscience finally motivated me to set her free to find another who will love her in the way she deserves.  Ever since the Busa came into my life nearly 2 years ago, my poor Z-Rex has been patiently calling my name in the hopes for an occasional ride.  Those rides had become almost non-existant, as any time I've been able to get free for a ride I'm choosing the flame that burns brightest in my heart...  My beloved '03 anniversary edition.

I'm glad bikes don't have feelings because she'd sure think I was a scumbag for the way I unceremoniously dumped her for "the other woman."  I used to care for her, bring her home new mods for no reason, whisper sweet nothings into those K&N pod filters as I shined her after a ride, but how quickly things changed.  We would go for cool, crisp rides early in the morning, or sweat together in the heat of the afternoon. We even went on a relaxing sunset ride on the beach at Daytona once.  I thought nothing could destroy what we had.  I thought that until my first ride on a Hayabusa.

I'll miss her, and I'll always have the great memories, but don't expect her parking space to stay vacant for long.  I've never been able to commit to just one woman...  as far as bikes are concerned anyway.  
smile.gif

beerchug.gif
You took the words right out of my mouth...I know how ya feel...I to have an 02 zrx, red...that is an 02 right?...cause the tank stickers are backwards like mine...anyhow same here...I put 31,000 on my zrx and it is my first off the floor new bike...I feel like a cheater as well cause I had my busa now for about six months or so and have only rode zrex maybe 200 miles if that...I just can't pull away from the busa everytime I ride...
smile.gif

smile.gif

Well, I finally did it. I'd been feeling pangs of guilt lately that I hadn't been giving her the attention she deserved. She has endured the neglect in stoic silence, so my conscience finally motivated me to set her free to find another who will love her in the way she deserves. Ever since the Busa came into my life nearly 2 years ago, my poor Z-Rex has been patiently calling my name in the hopes for an occasional ride. Those rides had become almost non-existant, as any time I've been able to get free for a ride I'm choosing the flame that burns brightest in my heart... My beloved '03 anniversary edition.

I'm glad bikes don't have feelings because she'd sure think I was a scumbag for the way I unceremoniously dumped her for "the other woman." I used to care for her, bring her home new mods for no reason, whisper sweet nothings into those K&N pod filters as I shined her after a ride, but how quickly things changed. We would go for cool, crisp rides early in the morning, or sweat together in the heat of the afternoon. We even went on a relaxing sunset ride on the beach at Daytona once. I thought nothing could destroy what we had. I thought that until my first ride on a Hayabusa.

I'll miss her, and I'll always have the great memories, but don't expect her parking space to stay vacant for long. I've never been able to commit to just one woman... as far as bikes are concerned anyway.
smile.gif

beerchug.gif
You took the words right out of my mouth...I know how ya feel...I to have an 02 zrx, red...that is an 02 right?...cause the tank stickers are backwards like mine...anyhow same here...I put 31,000 on my zrx and it is my first off the floor new bike...I feel like a cheater as well cause I had my busa now for about six months or so and have only rode zrex maybe 200 miles if that...I just can't pull away from the busa everytime I ride...
smile.gif
Yup, she's an '02. I got her new off the showroom floor as well. I think it's always harder to let them go when you're the first owner.

smile.gif

Warbrown if you are lookin into a possible lil flickable stablemate for the Busa you have got to look into the Gixxer 750.   I love mine.   And since you are considering the 600 the 750 is the same bike just bigger motor.  The Gix 750 has enuf power to run with the 1000's all day long and still kill the 600's in the twisties.......
I put 300 miles on mine yesterday riding with my two Buddies one with a 05 600RR and the other with a 05 636.  They both love my 750's power and the three bikes are even matches in the twisties until the apex arrives in the turns and you roll on the throttle on the Gix and the 6's are no match.

new_stablemate.jpg

Back