Gen 3 Performance

Yes, I do know this is a video on the ZX14R however it is a pseudo comparison between it and the Gen 3 Busa...

That was interesting to watch. He’s a little wrong in saying the ZX14 is a direct comparison to the Gen-3 though. The ZX doesn’t meet Euro-5 and has already been dropped from sale in many countries. The Gen-3 meets it and is why it took a hit in peak power, carry’s 3 Cats etc etc. I do like the ZX and seriously looked at buying one, but comparing it to a bike that’s had to meet much tighter emissions and is sold globally when the ZX doesn’t and isn’t, isn’t exactly Like v Like. Not knocking the ZX and I guess there is a comparison for US buyers who have the option of either.

Should be at least in Gen 2 range with all those bolt ons....
Im not going to focus on hp numbers im ok with the air fuel ratio since every dyno its diferent and every little aspect afects the readings like temperature and humidity im in Puerto Rico we have some places with 125° temperature very hot

Screenshot_20230606_114944_Facebook.jpg

I wont lie i dont know the bike runs very nice im feeling like if shes much stronger than my last the Gen 2 i dont know why.

The stock torque curve is broader than the gen 2 and around town you may feel that by the seat of the pants. Given the choice I would much rather have a broader torque curve than a handful of peak HP as it is more useful for those of us not hitting high speeds.

little aspect afects the readings like temperature and humidity im in Puerto Rico we have some places with 125° temperature very hot

Do the measurements show a temperature? The software can take the measured power and extrapolate power numbers for a standard temperature like 77°F so that results can be compared on an even basis, no matter what the current conditions are. The dyno sheet may indicate if there was such a correction or not.

The stock torque curve is broader than the gen 2 and around town you may feel that by the seat of the pants. Given the choice I would much rather have a broader torque curve than a handful of peak HP as it is more useful for those of us not hitting high speeds.

Do the measurements show a temperature? The software can take the measured power and extrapolate power numbers for a standard temperature like 77°F so that results can be compared on an even basis, no matter what the current conditions are. The dyno sheet may indicate if there was such a correction or not.
The numbers i posted its all i have for now that is the picture that i tooked from the dyno day if in the future i go back ill ask the tuner thank you for the info.

OK Dyno tuned with the CarbonSmith stacks 169 hp Dyno tuned with HTP 171 hp. Sold my CS and now im with the HTP stacks well 2hp more are 2hp. 171 was the best she made im a little disappointed my Gen 2 made 185 hp with almost the same mods. I wont lie i dont know the bike runs very nice im feeling like if shes much stronger than my last the Gen 2 i dont know why.

View attachment 1667467

View attachment 1667468

View attachment 1667469
your AFR meets the standards brother, you are good to go and forget the hp. We are not racing,but your bike is ready! It is not like the social media that showing videos of busas 2022 for example with 185 or 190 hp and then they say 100% stock..lol, but they never mention that they are mixing VP with Nitromethahnol. No worries man and ride your bike

Agreed with you Sir.

What's the real world performance of the Gen 3?

Is it keeping up out there....?

I see lots of videos on You Tube where it is getting stomped regularly...is this a reality?

Riding a loud can, dyno mapped PC-V Gen-2 back to back regularly with a stock Gen-3, in my case I’d say I’d expect my lighly modded Gen-2 to possibly get away top end, flat out giving all its got.

Without doubt I’m faster on my Gen-3 around the mountains and dams. Twisty roads and on my regular rides.

My Gen-3 is a lot easier to ride fast than my early Gen-2. 95+% of the time my Gen-2 would be a lot of work to sit with my 3. I don’t live near long boring highways or miles of motorways, I live near fun roads and the 3 works well. My Gen-2’s couple of extra ponys or slight advantage at full tilt isn’t any advantage here. It will be at the drags.

A lot of folk seem obsessed with outright top speed and bragging numbers. I like big numbers and hope to see some with my Gen-2, but for me the 3’s tech and improvements give it an advantage. The Busa wasn’t designed to be a corner carver, but the 3 does it better for me than previous models.

54B82274-1DE5-4227-86F2-7FEB7EF65744.jpeg

Last edited:
I just kind of wonder how it is faring against the liter or other bikes...

I just see lots of videos where they are doing "hits" and the gen 3 is way behind...I was kind of hoping the improved mid range would have given it more of an advantage.

I know my Gen 2 is pretty potent and easy to rip through just about any road but it is far from stock as well...

I just kind of wonder how it is faring against the liter or other bikes...

I just see lots of videos where they are doing "hits" and the gen 3 is way behind...I was kind of hoping the improved mid range would have given it more of an advantage.

I know my Gen 2 is pretty potent and easy to rip through just about any road but it is far from stock as well...
I’d like to think my bike is above average as far as Gen 3s go. It’s in the 46X lbs range stretched lowered all the cool stuff for roll racing and from a 40 in first it holds its own till 100-120ish and the the liters just kinda, walk away. They’re lighter. They make more power. I even put a 130 lb rider on mine to see the difference and he held his own 40-140, but 160 everything had closed the gap.

He ran a K67 and 21 Gixxer 40-195 and up too he pulled back cuz busa aero for the win, but it was looking ugly for a while.

I’d like to think my bike is above average as far as Gen 3s go. It’s in the 46X lbs range stretched lowered all the cool stuff for roll racing and from a 40 in first it holds its own till 100-120ish and the the liters just kinda, walk away. They’re lighter. They make more power. I even put a 130 lb rider on mine to see the difference and he held his own 40-140, but 160 everything had closed the gap.

He ran a K67 and 21 Gixxer 40-195 and up too he pulled back cuz busa aero for the win, but it was looking ugly for a while.
roll racing even the local Gen 2 walks away from me. The broad torque curve is great for casual riding. But in a 10 second max effort race you’re above that torque band for 9 of those seconds.
That's good real world knowledge....

You've done a ton of work on your bike and it's most likely close in line to the EJR bike would you say?

I have yet to ride a gen3.
I had my gen2 for 3 1/2 years, piped, flashed, and I must have ridden a dozen of them.
I've also ridden most japanese sportbikes, and several generations of each.
I can say that most of the new liter bikes are pretty pathetic stock, no exageration, they are not the rockets of the past...until they are flashed...
This '18 Gsxr1000R is piped, flashed, dyno tuned, air filter, Carbon Smith velocity stacks, alumimun rear sprocket with 520mm conversion, ceramic wheel and transmission bearings, some titanium and real cf parts, and it needs weighed again, it should be around 415 lbs.
I rode a friends new '23 BmwS1000R a few weeks ago, and it's got a decat and tune.
It was only a short ride, until we get a chance to get out and swap bikes, but it should be close, and the Bmw should be concerned...cause this Zuk is a Bad ****** ******
No doubt in my mind this Gsxr1k will walk a gen2, and you do Not want to go from the tree, this thing has a first gear like I cannot belive.

20230512_111622.jpg

20230512_111521.jpg

20230512_111611.jpg

20230512_111602.jpg

20230512_135139.jpg

20230512_111545.jpg

I have yet to ride a gen3.
I had my gen2 for 3 1/2 years, piped, flashed, and I must have ridden a dozen of them.
I've also ridden most japanese sportbikes, and several generations of each.
I can say that most of the new liter bikes are pretty pathetic stock, no exageration, they are not the rockets of the past...until they are flashed...
This '18 Gsxr1000R is piped, flashed, dyno tuned, air filter, Carbon Smith velocity stacks, alumimun rear sprocket with 520mm conversion, ceramic wheel and transmission bearings, some titanium and real cf parts, and it needs weighed again, it should be around 415 lbs.
I rode a friends new '23 BmwS1000R a few weeks ago, and it's got a decat and tune.
It was only a short ride, until we get a chance to get out and swap bikes, but it should be close, and the Bmw should be concerned...cause this Zuk is a Bad ****** ******
No doubt in my mind this Gsxr1k will walk a gen2, and you do Not want to go from the tree, this thing has a first gear like I cannot belive.

View attachment 1667764

View attachment 1667765

View attachment 1667766

View attachment 1667767

View attachment 1667768

View attachment 1667769
I think the Hayabusa shines in longer rides....the liter bikes are small and tight to ride on for any length of time...

That and the weight of the Hayabusa makes it nicer to ride on rougher roads as it soaks up the bumps better and gets blown around by the wind a lot less..

The last GSXR1K I rode was awful on the hiway as even oncoming pick up trucks would almost blow it off the road and any cross wind was a challenge....I was glad to get back on my Hayabusa...

Back