Aftermarket air filter

I could have missed it, but it would be extremely helpful to me to see an oem filter and sprint street filter held up to a light in the same photo.

I bought the sprint air filter P08 like you have and was planning to install it tomorrow. But I just did quick research and saw that it allows dust,sand and iron particles easily to engine. I now question my plan now. What do you think about the filter so far? Are you happy with it's performance and filtration?
Once I get some more mileage I'll check the airbox for dust. I have no doubt some very small particles will get through but I'm not worried about it. The filter media is superior to my KN filters just judging by eye.

From someone who has moved from oem to a Sprint F8, I can tell you the airbox is way dustier than oem.

Also, the oil gets 'dirtier' quicker.
It's particularly noticeable in the summer months due to the increased dust. Cooler time, not as bad.
Even the stacks get a light dusting on them.

When I go touring, like now, I switch over to a Hi-flo filter.
But the F8 does flow a huge amount of air.. Basically just stops bugs and flies is about it.

i agree with Sixpack use it. All the filters let super fine particles in. use it man

From someone who has moved from oem to a Sprint F8, I can tell you the airbox is way dustier than oem.

Also, the oil gets 'dirtier' quicker.
It's particularly noticeable in the summer months due to the increased dust. Cooler time, not as bad.
Even the stacks get a light dusting on them.

When I go touring, like now, I switch over to a Hi-flo filter.
But the F8 does flow a huge amount of air.. Basically just stops bugs and flies is about it.
Hi. I had some test the DNA filter and flowed the best and kept out the dust as good as stock filter does.

Yesterday to just see how the stock air filter doing the job I removed it at a mechanic shop and air filter was dirty already just after 2k km, because I ride it on dusty roads due to location I live. But the air filter box and velocity stacks etc was absolutely clean. I put some air to it and put it back inside again. I have new sprint filter which I decided not to install, and by the look of the stock I understood that it would allow many of these dirts to go to engine part.

Yesterday to just see how the stock air filter doing the job I removed it at a mechanic shop and air filter was dirty already just after 2k km, because I ride it on dusty roads due to location I live. But the air filter box and velocity stacks etc was absolutely clean. I put some air to it and put it back inside again. I have new sprint filter which I decided not to install, and by the look of the stock I understood that it would allow many of these dirts to go to engine part.
I could have swore we went through all this on another thread....

The stock filter works just fine and although some of these ultra high flow air filters offer maybe a few hp on the very top of the rev range, they allow a lot of dust and particles to get into the engine so using them for everyday riding is risking engine damage over time.

Pry should have posted this too lol
This is the DNA before it went in my bike
80492651-B830-4925-8DDB-DEB09274D974.jpeg

Hi guys, which is the best aftermarket air filter for the Gen 3 Busa? Are there any visible gains in performance even when using the filter in conjunction with the stock exhausts? How many miles before it needs to be cleaned?
I just replaced mine with a stock oem filter (£37GBP / $47.50USD) .. to be honest the bike has enough grunt for me when it's in right gear so I'm unlikely to detect any difference with changing to a high flow or racing filter

My Gen3 has now covered 9,200 miles .. the air filter was supposedly checked as OK by the dealer at the 8,000 mile service (but they clearly hadn't even bothered looking as you can decide for yourself)

Service book says replace at 24,000 miles ... I'll replace mine every 3,000 now .. I already the change the oil / filter every 1,500

Big lesson here .. I no longer trust my dealer ..

air filter 9000m.jpg

I just replaced mine with a stock oem filter (£37GBP / $47.50USD) .. to be honest the bike has enough grunt for me when it's in right gear so I'm unlikely to detect any difference with changing to a high flow or racing filter

My Gen3 has now covered 9,200 miles .. the air filter was supposedly checked as OK by the dealer at the 8,000 mile service (but they clearly hadn't even bothered looking as you can decide for yourself)

Service book says replace at 24,000 miles ... I'll replace mine every 3,000 now .. I already the change the oil / filter every 1,500

Big lesson here .. I no longer trust my dealer ..

View attachment 1668569
The roads must be really dirty where you are....I check my filter each oil change and it is nowhere near as dirty as that...

And I do oil changes around 6000kms or so.....

But I agree, your dealer never even opened your air box obviously-I'd be showing the service manager this filter.

The roads must be really dirty where you are....I check my filter each oil change and it is nowhere near as dirty as that...

And I do oil changes around 6000kms or so.....

But I agree, your dealer never even opened your air box obviously-I'd be showing the service manager this filter.
I showed the filter photo to a mate who I ride with ..

His response was .. "Farrk .. have you been riding your 'Abuser' in the Paris Dakar Rally"

I had the F1-85 filter before I supercharged it, and it definitely let dust and pollen through the filter. I will never use another one of their filters. I would get a DNA filter and be safe. Also, the DNA filters have more surface area than any other filter.

Back