First turbo bike, experienced rider, any advice?

Bluesun

Registered
Greetings all!

My Gen 3 is currently being turbo'd, and I expect it to be done within the next month or so. I've been riding sportbikes my whole adult life (20+ years), and have driven and been in some seriously fast cars. I've been in enough accidents to have learned some lessons about what not to do (things like how quickly the ground in front of you can disappear at speed).

Those of you that have ridden a turbo busa on the street for some length of time, do you have any advice on staying safe? Do you ever find yourself getting too comfortable, or is it always shockingly fast? I remember a time when my GSXR1k felt insanely fast, but now I wring its neck (albeit with a big smile on my face), sometimes maybe a little too comfortable on it.

Just be careful. They are smooth addictive power. If this much is good more is better lol. Use common sense when going WOT poop happens pretty quick and don't do back to back pulls to 200+ stuff gets warm and that's when bad things happen

Make sure whoever is building it builds it to be safe. What are you going to be making power wise? I was at 325hp and quickly wanted more. its addicting. Do a lot of pulls to 150 to get used to how it pulls before you start going WOT.

If you are going to be going wide open I would add in some C16 btw. Change plugs and oil frequently.

Just be careful .

:banana:

Happy Bday red rod.jpg

Back