my first turbo arriving soon

Than please educate me sir.

The large threaded "bung" on the back of that plenum is for the air box sensor you removed from the left side of the stock airbox. The two brass nipples are boost sources that can be used for a variety of things that don't need to see vacuum. For instance, the bottom port on an external wastegate, the FMU on a Stage One kit, 1:1 regulator for Stage Two, boost gauge, secondary fuel controller, etc. It takes the load off the multiple signal hoses that are on the throttle bodies, which obviously also see vacuum. The signal hoses are where you would plumb in your BOV for instance, since the BOV needs to see vacuum. How you plumb a kit is up to the particular installer, but whoever that person is needs to know what goes where and why . . . it would be a good idea for you to get a copy of the RCC Stage Two instructions, so you can do it right the first time! :rulez:

The large threaded "bung" on the back of that plenum is for the air box sensor you removed from the left side of the stock airbox. The two brass nipples are boost sources that can be used for a variety of things that don't need to see vacuum. For instance, the bottom port on an external wastegate, the FMU on a Stage One kit, 1:1 regulator for Stage Two, boost gauge, secondary fuel controller, etc. It takes the load off the multiple signal hoses that are on the throttle bodies, which obviously also see vacuum. The signal hoses are where you would plumb in your BOV for instance, since the BOV needs to see vacuum. How you plumb a kit is up to the particular installer, but whoever that person is needs to know what goes where and why . . . it would be a good idea for you to get a copy of the RCC Stage Two instructions, so you can do it right the first time! :rulez:

Thats what I meant.

:beerchug:

-D

Thanks for advice and I got the stage 2 instructions from Richard last week but I don't see anything on the waste gate or BOV setup.

I hope the information I provided was helpful to you . . . :cheerleader:

Yes very much so sir. I am mechanical inclined but this is my first turbo anything. So BOV needs to be hooked up to vacuum lines under the TBs. Bottom port on wastegate to one of the brass nipples and the top one to atmosphere. Is this correct? Where do you T in a boost gauge at? Thanks for all your help Frank.

Yes very much so sir. I am mechanical inclined but this is my first turbo anything. So BOV needs to be hooked up to vacuum lines under the TBs. Bottom port on wastegate to one of the brass nipples and the top one to atmosphere. Is this correct? Where do you T in a boost gauge at? Thanks for all your help Frank.

You can use the second brass nipple for the boost gauge and the microtech fuel controller; just make your run right to the boost gauge and get a "t" in there and send another line back to the secondary fuel controller.

That's why this the best damn forum bar none!!!

Great people/sponsors on here that are always on stand bye willing to help a fellow member out :bowdown:

I'm just glad to be a part of this :beerchug:

You can use the second brass nipple for the boost gauge and the microtech fuel controller; just make your run right to the boost gauge and get a "t" in there and send another line back to the secondary fuel controller.
so is what I said about the BOV and waste gate lines correct? So 1 brass nipple for boost gauge and secondary controller. Other one for waste gate and fuel regulator. ?

so is what I said about the BOV and waste gate lines correct? So 1 brass nipple for boost gauge and secondary controller. Other one for waste gate and fuel regulator. ?

Ports on plenum you would use for the wastegate (bottom fitting on gate), boost gauge, fuel pressure regulator and secondary controller. Put the wastegate and boost gauge on one line; put the fuel pressure regulator and secondary controller on the other.

The BOV needs to see vacuum, that would be the only component (in your setup) you would put on a throttle body signal hose. Do not disturb the four vacuum signal hoses that go to the bike's stock map sensor - that is a dedicated circuit that you will modify with a one-way check valve teed in before the map sensor - you don't want to send a "vented" signal to any turbo component. Usually the two outermost signal ports (#1 and #4) off the throttle bodies are teed together and connected to the BOV . . .

Turbo installed and feed and return lines done. I also got the secondary fuel rail installed. God I can't wait to ride this thing :laugh:

ForumRunner_20150228_165021.png

ForumRunner_20150228_165038.png

ForumRunner_20150228_165109.png

ForumRunner_20150228_165124.png

Got some more work done today. Just have to pick up a couple small parts. Next is the fuel system, vacuum lines and mounting the secondary controller.

ForumRunner_20150301_155935.png

ForumRunner_20150301_160005.png

ForumRunner_20150301_160021.png

What are you using for secondary fuel controller?

Have you come across any useful tips for those who will be undertaking this in the future?

-D

What are you using for secondary fuel controller?

Have you come across any useful tips for those who will be undertaking this in the future?

-D

I'm using the micotec controller that came with the kit. Tips depends on 2 things, 1. How much mechanic ability do you have? 2. Are you buying the kit new, used or putting one together yourself?

I'm using the micotec controller that came with the kit. Tips depends on 2 things, 1. How much mechanic ability do you have? 2. Are you buying the kit new, used or putting one together yourself?

I'd say well above average, I am a mechanic by trade and most likely new.

-D

I'd say well above average, I am a mechanic by trade and most likely new.

-D

I would say if you just doing a stage 1 you will be fine. I bought a used kit and had some stuff missing. I knew 80% of what I was missing but took the kit to the Rick and had his look it over and find out everything I was missing. He should me how the fuel connectors work since I had never used them before. I would say if you buy the kit from Frank or Rob, to give them a call after you get the kit and read the instructions. They can answer any questions you may have. The only big problem I had was my instructions did not come with any diagrams of how to connect my boost reference lines. I have been reading all the turbo posts on here for the last 4 years and doing a lot of research, I would advise you to do the same thing. If you have any questions post them up or PM me.

Back