my first turbo arriving soon

Be safe and take your time learning it. Most people haven't ridden or owned anything that fast so find a wide open place with good visibility and lots of stopping room... :laugh:

Be safe and take your time learning it. Most people haven't ridden or owned anything that fast so find a wide open place with good visibility and lots of stopping room... :laugh:

Will do. I forgot to mention that 226/133 is with a 5.5 stretch, 17/43 gearing and a shinko hook up. And 37,000 miles. I don't that's too bad.

ForumRunner_20150409_051519.png

How loud is it with no exhaust?
I've been debating a turbo kit for a long time and don't k ow if I should add the exhaust pipe and can or not. It's an expensive option but I also don't want to be "that guy"

I've been debating a turbo kit for a long time and don't k ow if I should add the exhaust pipe and can or not. It's an expensive option but I also don't want to be "that guy"
driving around normally out of boost it really isn't any louder then riding with a full exhaust. wen u crack the throttle and make boost its very loud but no louder then any HD wud b.

So far I have really only ran it in the garage. It's loud in there but everything is. I would say it's comparable to a voodoo or the short slip ons like the m4. I will let you know what others think when I go on a group ride this sunday. There's also a big difference between turbo dumps and being that guy that just cut his muffler off to be loud.

Just got back from my first good ride. At idle it's about as loud as an HD with aftermarket exhaust. At 60 I can barely hear it over wind noise and at 70 not at all. I rode with 2 other bikes and neither of them had a problem with riding next to me. Stop sign talking was a little hard to do though. Something I thought was cool, is depending on what side your leaning on in a corner. The sound changes from side to side.

So did some changes this summer. Chrome R1 wheels and painted frame and swingarm. Won my first trophy for best of show. Also went to the dragstrip for the first time ever. Hopefully going to make it to the strip more this next summer.

11837155_602340443202868_454966793_o-2.jpg

Back