Fall Bash 2008 Sept 26th-28th

Chili was mentioned as well... you know......... we could have a mini chili cook-off (dibs on NoFearSpear)

We are leaving MA Wed morning and will be the Thurs thru Sunday.

Not sure on who or what is going this time as of yet. The Burgers are super easy and those giant 8 oz ones I bring cost me about $1 ea for the meat... Bogus and I thought we might do a better steak dinner but would require pre order and a higher price. The stuff I brought was running $4.25 lb and is currently at $6.35 lb. The IQF chicken breasts are wicked easy and everybody seemed to like the goofy flavors and I have a whole new batch of stuff to play with. Chicken Parm and pasta or on a sub roll would be easy too... Pasta salads are easy to do too.

We do need to offer less choices at each meal, Friday night was insane...

I think the central board with rides, mealtimes, list of what we need, meeting points etc. and maybe a cell contact sheet for atendees and whatever else is a good idea. Also the EVERYBODY brings a case of water or juice or whatever or $5.00 (just for this) and we make drinks avail at all times at the board for whomever...

I can get anything we need but hauling the stuff 1000 miles is the hard part.

Anyone???

We are leaving MA Wed morning and will be the Thurs thru Sunday.

Not sure on who or what is going this time as of yet. The Burgers are super easy and those giant 8 oz ones I bring cost me about $1 ea for the meat... Bogus and I thought we might do a better steak dinner but would require pre order and a higher price. The stuff I brought was running $4.25 lb and is currently at $6.35 lb. The IQF chicken breasts are wicked easy and everybody seemed to like the goofy flavors and I have a whole new batch of stuff to play with. Chicken Parm and pasta or on a sub roll would be easy too... Pasta salads are easy to do too.

We do need to offer less choices at each meal, Friday night was insane...

I think the central board with rides, mealtimes, list of what we need, meeting points etc. and maybe a cell contact sheet for atendees and whatever else is a good idea. Also the EVERYBODY brings a case of water or juice or whatever or $5.00 (just for this) and we make drinks avail at all times at the board for whomever...

I can get anything we need but hauling the stuff 1000 miles is the hard part.

Anyone???
NoFearSpear has an account locally we can purchase a lot of product from.. Just need to make sure he is going to be able to come is all.. Otherwise, he could order and we could just pick up..

Friday choices? say what? I had 6 meats going at one time and Hooken had the brat burgers going..

I for one would like a steak upgrade available.. I think a good 1" porterhouse would go over pretty well but most are bulk sold and need cut (read, band saw)

am bringing my fajita grilling top for the grill if we do the marinated meats again..

I can do a contact sheet like Spring Bash with a food choice list?

I'm down for whatever, you guys lemme know and i'll bring whatever. I will make sure I bring a couple case of water or water and juice mixed. Just tell me what to do and where to contribute.
beerchug.gif

Me and Dave are working on some idea's now!

As for the details, where working on them.

Prepay looks like the way we are going to go, as well as using wristbands.

We really need some order for this, and as Randy mentioned the Fall Bash would teach us lot, to for see what the Spring bash could be!

As far thing such as drinks, we didn't really supply them this year, but an idea is to have everyone bring some thing, and we'll supply the cooler for it!

As for the funding there a couple options that where thinking about, i think we will start a poll with the different options, so all members can vote on it!

As things come ill keep posting to keep everyone informed.
John

We have a few "casket sized" coolers.... and don't mind bringing some drinks... sorry guys.. we don't do Soda so you'll only get water/ vitamin water/ powerade stuff out of us.

We'll have to see what all will fit in the trailer.... but we'll only have the 2 Busas and the 50... and maybe the 70 this time.... so we should have lots of room.

Prepay with bands sounds great to me.... I am out of any sort of planning... cuz I SUCK at planning.... if I am involved.. we would be eating cereal, hotdogs and mac and cheese every night
laugh.gif

Let us know!! (remember I am a TEACHER and only get paid ONCE A MONTH.. so I need to know by the end of August!)

Ok I will chime in here now...

1. Damn I hope Racerv can park his 5th wheel cause that's where I was gonna stay (right john!?)
2. You will find that MANY of us are willing to Volunteer to do and bring damn near anything, so with that said any idea you guys and gals agree to is good. I think that maybe folks NEED to be TOLD what to bring, let's face it everyone WANTS to help out and it might make it easier on the pocket of those like Randy, Grumpy, and John to plan ahead by knowing what everyone is bringing, which cant be done better than by TELLING them
cool.gif
 You can assign me with anything I think you guys know I will help wherever I can OH and BTW if 99 brings the cheese trust me we will have ENOUGH cheese for everything
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Rides:
Ok so everyone knows this is my 1st year with the Busa, so Im not down for much spirited paces untill I get a few seasons under my belt, so I would like to see more organization and a leaisurely pace ( no that does not mean slow) but I remember kyle, 99 and I NEVER noticed how awesome the Cherahola was untill after the accident when we came down in the rain and actually got a chance to look around at the scenery...also my personal thought is that I might bring my Harley up and maybe the Mrs. and it would be nice to take her for some scenic riding at less than I usually ride
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I know, I know that one's on me, I just thin Fall bajs should maybe be a little bit more on the "mellow" side or am I just getting old
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

And another think MEAT MEAT and more MEAT
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
damn you guys can marinade!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

I sent a PM to Bogus last night about all of this. Before talking to Dave that is.
banghead.gif
I didn't know him and John were "planning" things already. Communication is great in a marriage.
laugh.gif

All good ideas here. Keep em' coming as we will take them into consideration. At some point there will be a post that you can go to for more "organized" information.

I sent a PM to Bogus last night about all of this.  Before talking to Dave that is.  
banghead.gif
  I didn't know him and John were "planning" things already.  Communication is great in a marriage.  
laugh.gif

All good ideas here.  Keep em' coming as we will take them into consideration.  At some point there will be a post that you can go to for more "organized" information.
We where talking about things at work!

hey the happy marriage communicado worked pretty good for Spring bash...
laugh.gif
Sorry forgot to call you John... picking up phone..

Ok gang I will wait till I get orders from someone to do something, then I will tell 99 what to do from there
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

he he he, well hey the kid needs guidance sometimes what can I say, but then let's NOT talk about guidance, that's akin to "gps" talk
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and I don't thinkwe want to go there now do we
poke.gif
poke.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

poke.gif

I sent a PM to Bogus last night about all of this.  Before talking to Dave that is.  
banghead.gif
  I didn't know him and John were "planning" things already.  Communication is great in a marriage.  
laugh.gif

All good ideas here.  Keep em' coming as we will take them into consideration.  At some point there will be a post that you can go to for more "organized" information.
We where talking about things at work!
Forgive me for trying to be efficient!

I'm planning on being there Thursday night until Sunday. That's provided I have a bike by then. Or mine's fixed either way.

I'm coming Thursday to Sunday. Will likely ride this time instead of trailer. Prefer to pay up front. Can't bring much on the bike.

well we should have a selection menu posted here in the next few days...

things will be a bit easier to deal with hopefully.. I think the big selection went over fine but proved pretty tough to provide was all..

Thursday night will be Burgers, hotdogs some chicken and perhaps a stew or chili..

Friday will be Burgers, hotdogs/kilbasa, 2 chicken types, 2 beef types and steaks (we are planning a "premium" steak for those who would like an upgrade, this will likely be a 1" thick NY Strip (great cut, less waste and less mess afterwards to deal with)

We will also have the sirloins we did at Spring bash

we are going to also do a "pre pay" package so that we can better estimate food quantity and quality.. (we will allow for maybe a 10% overage for "drop ins" Standard meal fare would probably be around $10 per head per night and the "NY Strip" would probably add $10 for the Friday night meal... Opinions on price would be helpful, we can probably trim this back a bit but this is a rough idea of what we spent on Spring Bash food.. (I think we can do better myself if we know "how many" we are cooking for)

comments?

well we should have a selection menu posted here in the next few days...

things will be a bit easier to deal with hopefully..   I think the big selection went over fine but proved pretty tough to provide was all..

Thursday night will be Burgers, hotdogs some chicken and perhaps a stew or chili..

Friday will be   Burgers, hotdogs/kilbasa, 2 chicken types, 2 beef types and steaks (we are planning a "premium" steak for those who would like an upgrade, this will likely be a 1" thick NY Strip (great cut, less waste and less mess afterwards to deal with)

We will also have the sirloins we did at Spring bash

we are going to also do a "pre pay" package so that we can better estimate food quantity and quality.. (we will allow for maybe a 10% overage for "drop ins"   Standard meal fare would probably be around $10 per head per night and the "NY Strip" would probably add $10 for the Friday night meal...  Opinions on price would be helpful, we can probably trim this back a bit but this is a rough idea of what we spent on Spring Bash food..  (I think we can do better myself if we know "how many" we are cooking for)

comments?
You're making me hungry
smile.gif

Back