Fall Bash 2008 Sept 26th-28th

I think some people, including VABUSA, are interested in a ride to Bridal Veil Falls.  I would be happy to lead the ride.
that is cool. I am in on that ride
ThumbsUp.gif

Yeah! We have a room so now we have to go, right? I'd love to be on the Falls ride.

I should be able to make it this time. Sorry I missed the spring bash. I think I'll have 3 or 4 in my group. I guess I need to get a room ASAP. If you need money from us for food, just let me know.
beerchug.gif

I plan on riding up but it will be a last minute thing, what i was wondering is does the hotel fill up? and is there any others places close by to stay?

Thanks Dan

I plan on riding up but it will be a last minute thing, what i was wondering is does the hotel fill up? and is there any others places close by to stay?

Thanks Dan
There is almost always one option or another for a place to stay... normally there will be a few rooms with guys that had others cancel (happy to accept a new roomie to help with costs)..

I gotta see if they will let me park my 5th wheel there.

Well we are about 90 days from Fall Bash 08

For those who made "Spring Bash", Comments would sure be nice concerning food, rides and what you think was good, bad, non-existent or just needs "tweaked" (we have some ideas pending)

It is also time to start getting a "count" on how many are going to dine at the Busa Cafe

Dave (DNGrump) has suggested we formalize the food program a bit and I tend to agree.. With the costs of food and supplies well over $1000, it is like a runaway train.. (and will most certainly be higher due to food costs for Fall bash) I think we managed to server at least 125 meals...

for those who forget like myself, here is a basic rundown of what we had... (what I remember)

Orange chicken
Teriyaki chicken
Spicy chicken
Wings

Teriyaki beef
Marinated Sirloin steaks
Beef Stew
Beef Kabobs
Hamburgers

Brat Burgers

Salads..
Nachos
Chips
dips

Drinks
Paper products
125 meals....that's it?  
laugh.gif

I wasn't there when the wings got brought out....so I don't know how well they went.  Would suggest the following as a "menu":

Hamburgers / Hotdogs / Brat Burgers with pasta salad for Thursday night

Chicken (Orange, Teriyaki, and Spicy) on a bun or with pasta salad --Friday
Sirloin with ?? -- Friday
Beef Stew  for Friday night

Chili with Nachos
any other leftover food (meaning left to be cooked) for Saturday night

The above is assuming that Friday night is the party night again??  

Just my two cents (since I'll be doing prep with Dave and John  
whistling.gif
)

Also, I'd like to make a suggestion.  I personally won't get any riding in as we will have Anastasia with us this time.  I'll be doing prep work....so, if there are any wives /girlfriends coming that wouldn't mind volunteering for prep work that would help out tremendously...and save time for the guys that cook.  We might even be able to get some desserts whipped up too!

I will be arriving early friday morning and leaving sometime sunday. I would like to go on that falls ride. Prepay or pay at time, either way is ok. I think prepay would help buy the stuff befor hand though. I will be bringing several cases of miller lite and yuengling.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Well we are about 90 days from Fall Bash 08

For those who made "Spring Bash", Comments would sure be nice concerning food, rides and what you think was good, bad, non-existent or just needs "tweaked" (we have some ideas pending)

It is also time to start getting a "count" on how many are going to dine at the Busa Cafe

Dave (DNGrump) has suggested we formalize the food program a bit and I tend to agree.. With the costs of food and supplies well over $1000, it is like a runaway train.. (and will most certainly be higher due to food costs for Fall bash) I think we managed to server at least 125 meals...

for those who forget like myself, here is a basic rundown of what we had... (what I remember)

Orange chicken
Teriyaki chicken
Spicy chicken
Wings

Teriyaki beef
Marinated Sirloin steaks
Beef Stew
Beef Kabobs
Hamburgers

Brat Burgers

Salads..
Nachos
Chips
dips

Drinks
Paper products
125 meals....that's it?  
laugh.gif

I wasn't there when the wings got brought out....so I don't know how well they went.  Would suggest the following as a "menu":

Hamburgers / Hotdogs / Brat Burgers with pasta salad for Thursday night

Chicken (Orange, Teriyaki, and Spicy) on a bun or with pasta salad --Friday
Sirloin with ?? -- Friday
Beef Stew  for Friday night

Chili with Nachos
any other leftover food (meaning left to be cooked) for Saturday night

The above is assuming that Friday night is the party night again??  

Just my two cents (since I'll be doing prep with Dave and John  
whistling.gif
)

Also, I'd like to make a suggestion.  I personally won't get any riding in as we will have Anastasia with us this time.  I'll be doing prep work....so, if there are any wives /girlfriends coming that wouldn't mind volunteering for prep work that would help out tremendously...and save time for the guys that cook.  We might even be able to get some desserts whipped up too!
I will ask Leslie if she can help ya out, I have to clear it with my mom though, since both of my daughters will be with us. Leslie don't ride with me, so she should have time to help out.

me at the fall bash --->
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Angela - I'll try be there to help at least a bit. I'll probably 2-up with Dan for several if not all of the rides, but other than that, I'm here for you. Of course, I might be around more than that because I'm still toying with the idea of bringing our youngest and that'll mean he gets to ride with Dad, too.

BTW - good menu plan. Especially the Leftovers Night.

Angela - I'll try be there to help at least a bit.  I'll probably 2-up with Dan for several if not all of the rides, but other than that, I'm here for you. Of course, I might be around more than that because I'm still toying with the idea of bringing our youngest and that'll mean he gets to ride with Dad, too.
If you get the chance to ride...do it! At least for me...since I won't be riding. Anastasia rides, but I don't know if I want her on the group rides. Too many people.

Until the menu is firmed up who knows what kind of prep there will be, but help is appreciated. Thanks!

I still want to plan a trip to the Ruby Mines for the kids. Hopefully they are still open then.

got cottage 116... bringing both bikes this time..the busa and new gixxer.... just in case i decide to crash again.... ;)

I might be mistaken but I think MrsGrumpy has assumed planning of the "food" program? (I think you actually offered to do this at spring bash?)

Thank you from all of us! let me know what resources you need (forms/pages/questionnaires etc) will do what I can to help..

the 125 is probably pretty conservative considering we went through over 100lbs of meat products..

Back