Ever happened to you ?

So, a couple of friends and I went on a ride to Ocala,FL. from Orlando,FL. on sunday morning. Sorry camera broke on by the time we got to the 1st stopping point, anyway,. It was a pretty fun morning/early afternoon ride, about 150 miles total. Well, I get home and see a SUV sitting in my driveway that i've never seen before. I was freaking out, insert all the diff reasons you could be freaking out about at this point,. I hop off the bike and go inside to see what the heck was going on. I almost had a freaking heart attack by what I found out next. " Surprise honey, do you like my new truck ?" I wasn't mad at all, but we did not discuss this or anything. I had to beg for like a month straight before she gave me the green light to go get the busa!!! So, why do women get to go do/buy anything they want without permission but the guy has to beg ?

deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
They Don't... It's not even sorta healthy bro... That's not how marriage works, at least not for very long.

I'd still be checking the closets.

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

It would of depended on the Truck do you think its nice or something you would of walked passed in the dealer?we all know she liked it but man i wouldnt want something in my drive that i could stand to look at everyday myself and for her just doing it you would be mad if it was a new vette or a matching 1000 to the busa so if all in all shes flipping the bill then i would just let it be and i would go out and turbo the busa in return and not let her know
firedevil.gif

Neither my wife or I can "veto" what the other wants. We discuss and disagree and maybe buy it anyways.She buys clothes,furniture,and stuff for the house and kids. I buy boats,Busas,and stuff for me. Sounds fair. We both work and have stayed married for 20 yrs doing it this way.I come home and find a new leather living room set a week later she comes home to the stealership dropping off a K8. It works for us. Some of you guy need to ask for your balz back!
rock.gif
Right... Cause obviously your little tit-for-tat works just great...
whistling.gif

The $50.00 rule. I have lived with this rule for 33 years now. Neither one of us can buy something over $50.00 unless discussed with the other. Sometimes its a pain, but more often than not it works. Some items are exempt from this rule. Direct part replacements, TV dies, battery for the car etc. Got my 2nd Busa on this rule, after totaling the first! Its worked for both of us and kept "hard feelings" to a minimum. I guess it not for eveyone, but it does work for us.
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

The $50.00 rule. I have lived with this rule for 33 years now. Neither one of us can buy something over $50.00 unless discussed with the other. Sometimes its a pain, but more often than not it works. Some items are exempt from this rule. Direct part replacements, TV dies, battery for the car etc. Got my 2nd Busa on this rule, after totaling the first! Its worked for both of us and kept "hard feelings" to a minimum. I guess it not for eveyone, but it does work for us.
cool.gif
cool.gif
Pretty much the same here, it's evolved over the years as finances and stuff changes but yeah keeps it simple.

We each have veto/probationary power if we feel strongly about something one way or another. She wanted a Pathfinder, I wanted a 4x4 so it was win-win.

If she had pushed for a Toyota Highlander I would have vetoed, and we wouldn't get that one.

It's all about give and take, Works wonders, and it has nothing at all to do with "Being the Man" it's all about being in love and doing what works best for everyone.

cool.gif

Wife and I live with a mutually agreed upon budget, we each have our "fun" money, our "vehicle" money etc.

Spend what you want as long as it doesnt violate the budget, if it does, talk about budget restructure before purchase. This works great!
thumb_up.gif

You always know how much you have to spend, and no one ever questions a purchase. Best of all finances stay on track!

Wait, wait, wait.

JR, is this your wife? Or your g/f? I didn't see it stated.

If this is your wife....that's f*cked up. This kind of stuff NEEDS to be at least DISCUSSED prior to doing it. I'da killed my ex-wife if she ever did something like that while we were married. But then again, she is a dunce when it comes to financial decisions, and I held the veto card over her.

Now that I'm divorced, I do what I want, when I want, how I want, where I want, with whom I want. And it'll stay that way until I die.

But if she's just your g/f....go get your screw on in the back seat!
why are you in a bad mood?
laugh.gif

Agree with you!! You should have been part of that disscussion! I would be pissed too! I was in a relationship were the girl made more money then me, and said I didn't know how to handle my money and I spent to much. Well, I fired back and told her....."I am happy with the money I make, and only have a house payment of my own! Everything else is paid for....So I do not see the spending problem you mention, but do not mind sharing with you my ideas or thoughts on future purchases!" Needless to say, we are no longer together, and I got another bike. Now I have 2!!!! I am happy
cool.gif
!!!

The $50.00 rule.  I have lived with this rule for 33 years now.  Neither one of us can buy something over $50.00 unless discussed with the other.  Sometimes its a pain, but more often than not it works.  Some items are exempt from this rule.  Direct part replacements, TV dies, battery for the car etc.  Got my 2nd Busa on this rule, after totaling the first!  Its worked for both of us and kept "hard feelings" to a minimum.  I guess it not for eveyone, but it does work for us.
cool.gif

cool.gif
Pretty much the same here, it's evolved over the years as finances and stuff changes but yeah keeps it simple.

We each have veto/probationary power if we feel strongly about something one way or another.  She wanted a Pathfinder, I wanted a 4x4 so it was win-win.  

If she had pushed for a Toyota Highlander I would have vetoed, and we wouldn't get that one.  

It's all about give and take, Works wonders, and it has nothing at all to do with "Being the Man" it's all about being in love and doing what works best for everyone.
+1 here. Either one of us can spend a reasonable amount of money like 100.00 but over that its at least mentioned to the other one. I have a great wife that is actually better than I at spending wisdom. But it sounds in this marriage that aint a big deal. At least not a super big deal. If a wife (say my wife for arguement sake) does something like that but is TOTALLY uncharactoristic, and you can afford it, than I'd be happy for her. If my wife did that and we could afford it, I'd give her a hug and say (jokingly) don't ever do it again
laugh.gif

cool.gif

Back