Anyone claustrophobic?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
I never knew I was until about 2 years ago when I needed to get an MRI. I'm a big guy (I wear about a 54 suit coat) and there was NO FLIPPIN WAY I was fitting into that machine. But they tried. I got really freaked out. :banghead: They sent me to an "open" MRI. I say "open" because I really don't consider it open. The sides are open but the top is about 1/4" from your nose when you are on your back. Ever since that experience I got really weird issues with space and getting stuck in spaces.
I can't watch Dirtiest Jobs, or anything involving mining or stuff like that anymore. It NEVER used to bother me. Anyone else like this?
I also have issues being out in the middle of nowhere lately. I sit there and wonder if an ambulance would make it to me before I die. So I'm freaked by tight spaces, and freaked by desolate places. I feel like I'm developing some sort of paranoia problem almost like panic attacks.
Just felt like sharing, and seeing if there are anymore FREAKS like me out there?:please::please:

You sir are developing either agoraphobia/claustrophobia or anxiety.
Perhaps all 3.

That,or yer just a big sensitive sob. :poke:

RSD.

When they slid me into that MRI machine my shoulders scrapped on the way in. Then the nurse whent for coffee. The test was being conducted about 6PM,all of the hospital staff in that wing had gone home for the day.

Imagine spending the night in there.???

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang....till there's nuthin' left of yer brain. :errrr:

They find ya in the mornin',but its too late.:cookoo:

Sweet dreams. :whistle:

RSD.

When they slid me into that MRI machine my shoulders scrapped on the way in. Then the nurse whent for coffee. The test was being conducted about 6PM,all of the hospital staff in that wing had gone home for the day.

Imagine spending the night in there.???

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang....till there's nuthin' left of yer brain. :errrr:

They find ya in the mornin',but its too late.:cookoo:

Sweet dreams. :whistle:

RSD.

:rofl: :rofl:

you are not alone. i have tried every mri machine in the area, even the one they call open. id rather deal with back pain then ever try and get in one of those machines again. they even gave me some meds and had me try again. still couldnt do it. i worked my way out of the machine as soon as they left the room. funny thing is, when i was in high school i suffered a knee injury from football and had many mri's with no problem. im also scared to death of heights.

Heights yes...enclosed spaces no, unless you're talking about some of those 'bridge/tunnels' over and under water! Hate those!!

you are not alone. i have tried every mri machine in the area, even the one they call open. id rather deal with back pain then ever try and get in one of those machines again. they even gave me some meds and had me try again. still couldnt do it. i worked my way out of the machine as soon as they left the room. funny thing is, when i was in high school i suffered a knee injury from football and had many mri's with no problem. im also scared to death of heights.

Dont they stick you in the MRI feet first when they do a knee versus head first with a C or L Spine? That may be the difference.

I too have extreme anxiety about spaces where I can't move my arms or turn over. I can't even watch that crap on TV. Has anyone seen Kill Bill (I can't remeber which Vol.) where he buried her alive. I have to get up and leave. If anyone ever straps me in a straight jacket I will die of a heart attack on the spot.

None of that stuff bothers me. I am suprised about the different types of MRI's though, I had a couple last year. They were for a back injury and the machine was upright, you sat in it like a chair. It had a wall behind you, and one on each side, the top and front were open. They even had a big flatscreen on the front wall of the room about 15 feet away:laugh: It was about 3 feet off the floor, like a throne:laugh:
You guys haven't seen this kind? Maybe you could search one out if you are ever so unfortunate enough to need another in future.

Same here on the MRIs. Like you say even the 'open' ones still kinda bother me.
I roll my eyes so far to one side to see out that they hurt when I'm done.

Goes way back to when I used to go to camp in TN as a kid.
The camp took us on an overnight trip inside Mammoth cave. We spent the night in sleeping bags in the large cavern but next day explored thru the system.
There was one place that was called 'gumball alley'. You had to crawl on your back thru about six inches of mud in like a ten inch tall space. Basically just like an MRI.
It was about fifty yards long. I got about half way thru and freaked out , froze up , couldn't move. The counselor had to come back and calm me down as well as help me finish. Ever since I've been uneasy on tight spaces.

I have no problem with speed though :)

Just reading that made me creep out a little...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

I hope I dont have such issues, find out soon enough tho:whistle:

I hope not either. Its not fun. And its totally beyond my control, I can't wrap my head around it. I think that's the worst part.

Same here on the MRIs. Like you say even the 'open' ones still kinda bother me.
I roll my eyes so far to one side to see out that they hurt when I'm done.

Goes way back to when I used to go to camp in TN as a kid.
The camp took us on an overnight trip inside Mammoth cave. We spent the night in sleeping bags in the large cavern but next day explored thru the system.
There was one place that was called 'gumball alley'. You had to crawl on your back thru about six inches of mud in like a ten inch tall space. Basically just like an MRI.
It was about fifty yards long. I got about half way thru and freaked out , froze up , couldn't move. The counselor had to come back and calm me down as well as help me finish. Ever since I've been uneasy on tight spaces.

I have no problem with speed though :)

....WE found Blanca's weak spot. lets vote:

I...1, says we roast him.

Yer vote:

Last edited:
Wouldn't dream of it RSD... :)

....WE found Blanca's weak spot. lets vote:

I...1, says we roast him.

Yer vote:

I said tight places make me uneasy.

Here's my weak spot.
Ms Mayte Carranco......former Ms Mexico.....now the most beautiful weather girl in the world. :love: :drool:
- Mayte Carranco en traje de baño, chica televisa 2009 semifinal[/url]

mayte_carranco_22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I said tight places make me uneasy.

Here's my weak spot.
Ms Mayte Carranco......former Ms Mexico.....now the most beautiful weather girl in the world. :love: :drool:
- Mayte Carranco en traje de baño, chica televisa 2009 semifinal[/url]

mayte_carranco_22.jpg

I will NOT be making any jokes concering tight spaces in regards to this post. Carry on:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
i need my space- about a two foot radius from my head and i'm cool- anything less and i get proportionally anxious.
oh yeah- don't care for way up heights either- but a plane is cool- go figure.
too bad i cant speak spanish- i'd love to get my weather from a beauty like that!:thumbsup:

I never knew I was until about 2 years ago when I needed to get an MRI. I'm a big guy (I wear about a 54 suit coat) and there was NO FLIPPIN WAY I was fitting into that machine. But they tried. I got really freaked out. :banghead: They sent me to an "open" MRI. I say "open" because I really don't consider it open. The sides are open but the top is about 1/4" from your nose when you are on your back. Ever since that experience I got really weird issues with space and getting stuck in spaces.
I can't watch Dirtiest Jobs, or anything involving mining or stuff like that anymore. It NEVER used to bother me. Anyone else like this?
I also have issues being out in the middle of nowhere lately. I sit there and wonder if an ambulance would make it to me before I die. So I'm freaked by tight spaces, and freaked by desolate places. I feel like I'm developing some sort of paranoia problem almost like panic attacks.
Just felt like sharing, and seeing if there are anymore FREAKS like me out there?:please::please:

I dunno but this box is makin me kinda itchy:whistle:???

Back