Anyone claustrophobic?

heights never bother me, but being confined in small places makes me uneasy. being in airplanes, especially C130's drives me bonkers. i have to have the bedroom door open at night to keep me feeling normal. i work in a armroy so i have to get out of there every 20 or so minates, no windows. having a radio or something to keep me occupied helps.

I never knew I was until about 2 years ago when I needed to get an MRI. I'm a big guy (I wear about a 54 suit coat) and there was NO FLIPPIN WAY I was fitting into that machine. But they tried. I got really freaked out. :banghead: They sent me to an "open" MRI. I say "open" because I really don't consider it open. The sides are open but the top is about 1/4" from your nose when you are on your back. Ever since that experience I got really weird issues with space and getting stuck in spaces.
I can't watch Dirtiest Jobs, or anything involving mining or stuff like that anymore. It NEVER used to bother me. Anyone else like this?
I also have issues being out in the middle of nowhere lately. I sit there and wonder if an ambulance would make it to me before I die. So I'm freaked by tight spaces, and freaked by desolate places. I feel like I'm developing some sort of paranoia problem almost like panic attacks.
Just felt like sharing, and seeing if there are anymore FREAKS like me out there?:please::please:

That sounds much more like anxiety, rather than simple claustrophobia. What is going on in your life?

I said tight places make me uneasy.

Here's my weak spot.
Ms Mayte Carranco......former Ms Mexico.....now the most beautiful weather girl in the world. :love: :drool:
- Mayte Carranco en traje de baño, chica televisa 2009 semifinal[/url]

mayte_carranco_22.jpg

:shocked:now if they really want us to watch the weather then get more of these please....thank you i now return u to normal broadcasting.....

just reading these stories on here about crawling thru caves and MRI's is giving me the willies.....

Last edited by a moderator:
i love caving, used to be an ironworker, and am not afraid of snakes as long as i can see them and not just hear their rattles whirring in the dark...the only thing that makes me want to go screaming into the night is the thought of ever getting married again!! :guns: :argue:

i love caving, used to be an ironworker, and am not afraid of snakes as long as i can see them and not just hear their rattles whirring in the dark...the only thing that makes me want to go screaming into the night is the thought of ever getting married again!! :guns: :argue:

he he he you know u want too...:whistle:

MRI's aren't that bad. i'm taking another one on the 14th. should be a blast, lol. i just have trouble sitting still that long.

Had it as long as i can remember, and didn't go a bundle on the MRI scan i had a couple of years ago

I got it in the last few years. They tried to put me in an MRI machine and I started barking orders. Get me out of here!

I found a sitting MRI and that was MUCH nicer, I just sat a little sideways and it did its thing. No comparison to the regular machine. I didn't have that problem as a young pup.

I fell asleep during my MRI, I was in there for about 2 hours when they did my head, neck and back....

I used to do confined space rescue so I got used to confined spaces.....

A doctor that I used to work for, remodeling his house, had a good size radiology practice connected to a local hospital. He provided MRIs, CATscans, x-rays etc. for the physicians in the hospital. Since he was connected to the hospital he was making a fortune. One night, he got a call from his alarm company telling him the alarm was triggered at his office. It turns out a patient fell asleep in the MRI machine. The MRI technician completed the MRI exam, then went of to do some paperwork. She forgot about the patient in the MRI, locked up the office, turned on the alarm and went home. A few hours later the patient woke up and was able to get out of the MRI machine. The doctor no longers has his radiology practice.

A doctor that I used to work for, remodeling his house, had a good size radiology practice connected to a local hospital. He provided MRIs, CATscans, x-rays etc. for the physicians in the hospital. Since he was connected to the hospital he was making a fortune. One night, he got a call from his alarm company telling him the alarm was triggered at his office. It turns out a patient fell asleep in the MRI machine. The MRI technician completed the MRI exam, then went of to do some paperwork. She forgot about the patient in the MRI, locked up the office, turned on the alarm and went home. A few hours later the patient woke up and was able to get out of the MRI machine. The doctor no longers has his radiology practice.

Not cool, not cool at all... Grrrr, I'd go postal.:firing::firing:

Back