dyna beads... update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note, I compared you to the fighter pilot. Dumbass. Ignorant, narrow minded, unaccepting of differing points of view. I'm the same guy I've been all along. I've tried this product, know it works well in every situation I've put it in. Not your uber extreme track day antics, no. You haven't tried them. At all. And that's fine. Simply because apparently no racers like them and the manufacturer recommends against track use you've bashed everyone that dared disagree with you.

Here's a few wise words for you. Open your mind and free your heart. You're a good helpful guy around here and in person from what I've read. There's differing points of view, products for one arena don't always cross to another. A few tried and dislike this particular product but many more people like it and will use it again. But when someone says they like a product then several others agree it's not your job to crap as hard as you can on it. And simply cause it's not recommended for track use. OK, we get it. Track use at our own risk. And not in Dunlops at all.

I don't give a damn about winners and losers. However I decided to stand up against you. Seems you didn't like it much. Frankly I didn't either.

See, now I finally called you a name. Guess you're rubbing off on me.

I'm sorry if I hurt your little feelings. Little girls often cry. Go whimper for a while and think up some new names to call me and you'll be okay. :kiss:

I think I am going for a plane ride
sexy-pilot-girls.jpg

These girls could induct me into the Mile High club Anytime! :please:

Well...just going to weigh in with a little logic here, lol. Centrifugal balancers have been out forever in the auto and heavy truck industry. The performance debate is still actively going...
Kind of like wide-band O2 sensors. Better than a good tuner? No. Better as a set it and forget it, with changing environmental considerations? Yes.
The way I see it: if you have the time, equipment, and technical prowess, (or can justify spending the $ for a good tech to keep you at "optimum" performance spec), then more power 2 u. For those who want a happy medium, with a livable performance value, it just makes sense...
Wheel will only stay "balanced" for a while until enviromental/wear issues take it out. Heck, even changing rotors can take u out of balance. Something like the Dyna Beads are an active balancer that can compensate for some of these variables, and keep you from wobbling down the road, (at least in theory).
Just my .02...(;-)$

I'm sorry if I hurt your little feelings. Little girls often cry. Go whimper for a while and think up some new names to call me and you'll be okay. :kiss:

This is where the thread died. Now the responses are just Tuf calling people names and pictures of professional pilots from RussellJ.

As stated before, I will try the beads when I mount new tires because I am not a racer and never plan to be. I installed cruise control on my Hayabusa and some think that it was a bad idea, but I love it and think it is great. The beads may be another idea that turns out to be great. If it does not work, I'll just take them out and go on to the next thing.

I've got a name for you old man. Oppositional defiant disorder.

You have simply allowed an idiot like me to work you like a second job.

You are like a briggs & straton, yank your rope and there's no kill switch.

I went back and read each and every post or yours on this thread (just so I wouldn't speak out of turn) and this is the extent of substance of what you contributed.

You used dyna beads in a set of tires once and 4,000 miles later you had experienced no issues with tire balance.

You reached a speed of 150 miles per hour and hit a bump with no apparent issues.

The rest of your posts are no more than an exibition of blah-blah-blah-blah-blah about nothing.

According to your posts, this is the extent of your experience with dyna beads.

And just like me along with everyone else on this thread, you don't know diddly-squat about dyna beads once you exceed commuter status.

The fun is all over and I'll admit, I worked you intentionally. I know I should be ashamed but somehow I haven't felt it just yet. Behind the scenes me and a handful of friends who were either participating or watching kept a chat room session open for entertainment at your expense. Since you were unaware, I could see no harm.

A fragile ego and lack of self confidence is easy to spot. Once the victim is identified then it's just a matter of pushing the right buttons and they all, and I mean ALL resort to the intellect of a gradeschooler. The subject matter means nothing at that point and the brain begins to flash "Enemy-Enemy-Enemy" followed by "Distroy-Distroy-Distroy"!

I made good points with my friends because I predicted how this would end long before your circuits became overloaded. You followed my predictions to a "T". :bowdown:

While you have me convinced if we put a couple of Einstein's equasions up on the black board you won't be solving them, you are predictable and entertaining.

Thanks for playing along! :hello:

SteveO

You have simply allowed an idiot like me to work you like a second job.

You are like a briggs & straton, yank your rope and there's no kill switch.

I went back and read each and every post or yours on this thread (just so I wouldn't speak out of turn) and this is the extent of substance of what you contributed.

You used dyna beads in a set of tires once and 4,000 miles later you had experienced no issues with tire balance.

You reached a speed of 150 miles per hour and hit a bump with no apparent issues.

The rest of your posts are no more than an exibition of blah-blah-blah-blah-blah about nothing.

According to your posts, this is the extent of your experience with dyna beads.

And just like me along with everyone else on this thread, you don't know diddly-squat about dyna beads once you exceed commuter status.

The fun is all over and I'll admit, I worked you intentionally. I know I should be ashamed but somehow I haven't felt it just yet. Behind the scenes me and a handful of friends who were either participating or watching kept a chat room session open for entertainment at your expense. Since you were unaware, I could see no harm.

A fragile ego and lack of self confidence is easy to spot. Once the victim is identified then it's just a matter of pushing the right buttons and they all, and I mean ALL resort to the intellect of a gradeschooler. The subject matter means nothing at that point and the brain begins to flash "Enemy-Enemy-Enemy" followed by "Distroy-Distroy-Distroy"!

I made good points with my friends because I predicted how this would end long before your circuits became overloaded. You followed my predictions to a "T". :bowdown:

While you have me convinced if we put a couple of Einstein's equasions up on the black board you won't be solving them, you are predictable and entertaining.

Thanks for playing along! :hello:

SteveO

This thread was informative and educational until it turned into a pissing contest with posts like this. Who cares if you are the winner, work a second job, or talked to Dionne Warwick and were able to predict what some one else was going to post? Most of us either wanted to learn about Dyna Beads or to see pictures of pilots.

Congratulations on your victory sir, you won an argument on the internet.

I don't know about dyna beads but I'm pretty sure it's destroy and not distroy though. :laugh: But I may have been taught wrong about that though so don't quote me, and besides google won't find it either so now what do I do. ???

My take

I had them on my truck. They worked in the front and they worked in the rear when the bed was loaded. They did not balance the rear when the bed was empty. I rotated the tires to ensure that it was the rear placement that was the problem and not the tire and rim assembly. They only work on live axle vehicles, so no hardtail choppers. I think the high weight of the rim and tire combined with the low weight of the unladen bed caused the back of the truck to act as a fixed axle.

I didn't try them on the Busa as they are more expensive than a regular balance at my local shop and as I replace the rear tire every 3000 miles or so it's not a cost effective option.

Would they work in a road racing application? Who knows, as nobody has tried them. Racing is very conservative when it comes to new technology. In racing nobody tries stuff just for the sake of trying it. At least so says Kevin Cameron. If dyna beads were to sponsor a racer for a whole season I'm sure he'd sing their praises.

My local shop uses them in the Yamaha warrior as the rear rim is too large to fit their balance machine.

I would try them in a bike that got high mileage from it's tires.

If your only concern was cosmetic and not money, then they might be worthwhile.

Commercial trucks have use a similar product that is a hollow ring filled with mercury or steel balls in a fluid, attached to a plate that bolts to the brake drum and the mercury has the same effect as the beads in the rim.

My shop charges 19$ to mount and balance a tire. 10 bucks cheaper than the dyna balls, if I used the dyna balls, I still would have to pay someone to mount the tires. On a Busa I think mileage is dertimined more by your right wrist and tire compound than extended riding on an unbalanced tire.

On a Goldwing or a low powered cruiser with high mileage tires I think they would be a good idea, or if you did not like the look of wheel weights.

cheers
ken

Tuf,
I'm not gonna say "don't take this wrong" but I just wanted to say what I thought(of course my opinion only, not going by other people words) but you know it's little smart alec remarks like these here:

A fragile ego and lack of self confidence is easy to spot. Once the victim is identified then it's just a matter of pushing the right buttons and they all, and I mean ALL resort to the intellect of a gradeschooler. The subject matter means nothing at that point and the brain begins to flash "Enemy-Enemy-Enemy" followed by "Destroy-Destroy-Destroy"! (I fixed the spelling for you) I learned that in gradeschool.

I made good points with my friends because I predicted how this would end long before your circuits became overloaded. You followed my predictions to a "T".

not that you weren't just retaliating to comments already posted. But it's these kind of things that just make you seem like one arrogant,self-centered, think you know all azz. I don't know if it comes from your lil Tuf Army of followers that put you up on a step stool or what. Were you one of those bullies in school that always had to pick on the smaller kids because you knew you could beat them or what?

And I don't know if it's just me or not, heII maybe it is. On some threads it almost looks like you have a lil Jim Jones thing going on, you know like if Tuf said it then it's got to be right.

And if that's the case then more power to you and good luck with that. And I'm not saying your not a good coach maybe you are. As long as you can comprehend that no matter how what age you are, no matter what you've done,no matter who you know or no matter what you've learned in your lifetime that there is always someone else whether they be older OR younger that is gonna know more than you. And if so you'll be ok, if not then you'll come out looking like you do with those kind of comments.

Again, just my opinion and if I add a dollar to it I may be able to get a pepsi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back