Dyna Beads? Tire balance...

Shawn has 'em in Bessie. I had 'em in Violet, too - until I changed tires...then I had no choice but to lose 'em.

I have them in my FJR. Very smooth and no wheel weights to worry about. I will never balance another motorcycle tire manually again.

You can collect them and reuse the beads for several years of changes. They can be rinsed in denatured alcohol to get the debris off. I'm going to drill a hole in the center of my tires with a 1/2in auger bit when it's time to change it. Then I can pour the beads out into a bowl and reuse them.

I use them and have never had a balance problem at any speed :whistle:, or at any stage of tire wear (your tire becomes unbalanced with wear and the initial balance is only good when the tire is new, as it wears it needs rebalanced to remain "balanced"). When I change my tires I get them all in one area of the tire and scoop them out and reuse them - very easy to do. Initial balance cost was about $8, and now after 4 changes I've still only shelled out a total of $8 for dyna beads. :thumbsup: Bottom line, they do work and are very affordable (not to mention no ugly wheel weights pinned to your wheel or stuck with tape).

This sounds like a pretty good product to use. I may just have to get some for when I get my next set of tires. Thanks for posting the info. :thumbsup:

Guys, they could be a pain to load through angled valve stems. I didn't know much about them, but I used them after I coated Bessie and violet's rims. I am curious why Steve isn't a fan - I only used them for asthetics

Back