Custom Gauge Pics

Got 'em in today and installed (but not to the bike just yet). Maybe later tonight I'll trudge out to the garage and install them. It's freaking cold here in Cleveland!

Gauges done.jpg

Needles are WAAAY off, and I actually took great care in making sure they didn't move during installation. I did the "hold A" turn ignition on, press "A" twice within one second, to reset the gauges, but it didn't work. They appeared to reset, but went back to off whack. I'll take the gauges off in the spring and mess with them.

Day time and night time

Dials day.jpg

Dials night.jpg

Needles are WAAAY off, and I actually took great care in making sure they didn't move during installation. I did the "hold A" turn ignition on, press "A" twice within one second, to reset the gauges, but it didn't work. They appeared to reset, but went back to off whack. I'll take the gauges off in the spring and mess with them.

Day time and night time

Im scared to do mine now....

if you desolder the motors, you should be able to scrape the needles without having to pull them off of the motor.

Droo did you fix your gauges? My faces came in but im scared because of how off your gauges are...

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

if you desolder the motors, can you get to the back of the needles?

No you cannot. The orange film we talked about is on the top of the needles if thats what you are wondering about :thumbsup:

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

When I got mine back all I did too get them correct was to disconnect the cluster, take the cluster apart ( just removed the top plate ) pulled the needles off ( Very easily done ) Turned the bike to on and let the gauges do there reset, then placed the needles back on pointing to zero. Do it with a full tank of gas and you can put the gas gauge needle set to full, temp to zero and both the tach and speedo to zero.

Mine were from webslinger so if yours are not not sure if its the dame.

When I got mine back all I did too get them correct was to disconnect the cluster, take the cluster apart ( just removed the top plate ) pulled the needles off ( Very easily done ) Turned the bike to on and let the gauges do there reset, then placed the needles back on pointing to zero. Do it with a full tank of gas and you can put the gas gauge needle set to full, temp to zero and both the tach and speedo to zero.

Mine were from webslinger so if yours are not not sure if its the dame.

So i got my faces out to put them on and they dont fit ??? Plus they are in 2 pieces and not 4 ??? Im very unhappy cause i was excited... I emailed Joe... I hope he corrects this fast...

EDIT: Oh yeah and the fuel and temp gauge faces are incverted also....

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

So i got my faces out to put them on and they dont fit ??? Plus they are in 2 pieces and not 4 ??? Im very unhappy cause i was excited... I emailed Joe... I hope he corrects this fast...

EDIT: Oh yeah and the fuel and temp gauge faces are incverted also....

Did you get these from Webslinger? I'm in the process of trying to find a design to send him to make some for me. :banghead:

BMW5

Back