Cowl mod. finally finish

I like it better with the mod. When your running behind schedule, little things make the difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed. I have grown to like the hump, particularly since I have added a pad to make it look at least like it serves a function, but it looks stupid with the grab rail cos, well, what's the point of a grab rail on a single seat bike?

Cosign. Does one need the bar on when using the pilion seat?

Cosign. Does one need the bar on when using the pilion seat?

Nope... I don't have a grab bar at all.. she sits on the pad just the same. She did say that she feared moving back because my 500 had a grab handle and that was her limit warning before she was to far off the saddle.

Did u use a hand file on the entire mod? Or how exactly did u do all ur cuts?

My grab handles will be here soon.. can't wait.
Posted via Mobile Busa

Thats a must do Mod for me,, My bike stays on the rear stand and its a pain
down right scary putting it up on the rear stand with out the grab rail.....
I like it...
Mike

Looks better than mine turned out~!~

Can you post some pics of how you cut out the holes in your base~?~

Looks good! but I'm not getting it on why this modification is done? Is this done for looks or some type of function? Also why didn't Suzuki accomplish this modification during assembly? Still looks good though. :thumbsup:

Sorry guys, for me is a little bit hard to explain in english cause my first language is spanish and i have some words that i don't know how to spell. I go to take pics of the plastic base and posted later.:beerchug:

I did this mod. For me it was personal preference. I think the Busa looks better with the hump on. My wife has her own bike , so no one rides on the back. So I keep the hump on all the time and I think it looks good with it on. I also did the hump storage mod. :thumbsup:

Yeah, please post up some pics how the hump looks when its finally cut, I tried measuring it and failed pretty bad.

Also, what tools did ya use? Thanks.

I cant see trying to put Blanca on the stand without the rail.
Way too scary for me.
Does not make sense to have a grab bar on a single seat bike but form follows function.
I kinda like the way the bike looks without the hump on.
But when I wanna put my #17 hump on I would like to not have to unscrew those four bolts.
So this is something I wanna do.

Evo2Busa in espanol es bien por mi.

Please do you best to tell us how you did it , it looks perfect.

Que Buena

Agreed. I have grown to like the hump, particularly since I have added a pad to make it look at least like it serves a function, but it looks stupid with the grab rail cos, well, what's the point of a grab rail on a single seat bike?

totally agree with you. A grab rail on a solo seat cowl is plain ridiculous imho.

Last edited:
totally agree with you. A grab rail on a solo seat cowl is plain ridiculous imho.

IMHO you're totally wrong. It looks good, plus as many mentioned, it helps a LOT when you're putting your bike on a rear stand. Plus when you do put on the seat, you dont have to screw around with the bolts, just pop out and pop the seat in.

Back